Christmas Dinner for Billy No-mates!

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Again, Christmas is a Solitary one for me, except for a few hours with Lilly if I am lucky

I do enjoy cooking... but once I have cooked something, I cant be arsed to eat it because I have nibbled on it all as I was preparing it..

So, has anyone got any really good and simple meal recipies for the Loners?

Thanks in advance!!

SP..

IF not, does anyone know if KFC is open on 25th? :D

Posted

When I'm man-lone, can't beat a good home-made nachos and beer. Spoil yourself and stock up on some quality frosty Bavarian beers.. zum beispiel "Hacker-Pschorr Münchener Hell" or "Altenmünster Brauer Bier". And of course your favourite action flick.

Preheat oven to 160C

Fill Oven baking dish with...

Plain Salted Corn chips (nachos here)

two of your favourite cheeses - grated or fine chop the pre-sliced ones, Parmesan off the block and Gruyere are great combo

sprinkle a little chilli powder and paprika

put in oven for about 10 mins (watch it cook while checking the beer is good)

Top with fresh chopped tomato and big dollop of Saure Sahne or Schmand

It doesn't sound "Christmassy", but hey. Its all about the quality of enjoyment! B)

Posted

If I wear a Santa hat--- then it will be a bit more christmassy!

Posted

Aw! Maybe you could organize a potluck for some lucky TTers. That's what I used to do for the European expats in my lab at Xmas. :)

The easiest thing would be to pop a roast of some sort [beef, pork] into the oven, surrounded by some winter root vegetables. Buy a dessert the day before?

Easy Pot Roast with Vegetables

Posted

Not looking for company or sympathy... just something easy to cook...

I Quite liked the first part of freschkerls post...

It got complicated when he said heat the oven to 160...

Whats an oven? :unsure:

Posted

Do you have a blowtorch?

Posted

Is this going to get all pervy??

Edit... Sorry, Just re-read it-... B)

Posted

:lol: Blowtorch can be used to make creme brulee.

OK, I added a pot roast recipe above.

Do you like chicken? The simplest way that I like is to stuff a whole bird with fresh rosemary and lemon [cut it in half], tie it up and rub it down with oil [pervy], salt and pepper it and put it in the oven.

Or use whatever spices you like. This one adds bacon, and bacon makes everything better!

Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken

Posted

Yeah, throwing a small chicken in the oven is really easy. Use the blowtorch to get the skin all crispy afterwards.

Posted

No mates? What about all your friends on chaturbate? One need never be alone in this enlightened age of virtual communication.

Oh, and if you're still feeling a bit lonely, there are always a few friendly fellows gathered outside Aldi with whom you can share a tipple.

Knock yourself out, son. Happy Xmas!

Posted

Mac and cheese is easy, and a traditional Christmas dish in some parts of the world.

Step 1: buy a box of mac and cheese from Karstadt or Kaufhof or somewhere

Step 2: Open and begin drinking a beer

Step 3: boil the noodles and strain when thoroughly cooked

Step 4: add the cheese mix, butter and milk

Step 5: Stir

Step 6: open second (or third if you're the ambitious type) beer and begin drinking

Step 7: Eat mac&cheese straight out of the pot with a fork

Posted

Hähnchen Imbiss

post-17789-13559137213158.jpg

and a cheeseboard for afters.

Posted

Bangrs and mash as it is not poss to nibble on raw spuds or sossies is it?

And onion gravy to ensure lots of farts in the evening to make Lily giggle:)

Posted

Buy one or two rolls of Knack n Back croissant. Open them, lay them out, and put anything on that you like, cheese, ham, salami, whatever. Roll up, fire in the oven, bake 10 mins, et voila.

Posted

Having just read that SP has done his shopping for Christmas,

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47706&view=findpost&p=2942684

- I really want to know what he is going to be eating?

There have been quite a few good suggestions, so what have you settled on?

Posted

Yep, we're all waiting with bated breath... what's the verdict...???

My humble offerings... (cooking time, 20-30 mins)

Fry a load of chicken breast slices, with salt, ground white pepper, crushed dried chilli to taste, slices of garlic to taste (fried till golden first) in olive oil. 1 min before the end of frying, add plenty of fresh lemon juice and white wine. Serve with chunks of ciabatta to soak up the resulting sauce, and a (tossed!) green salad. Accompanied by plenty of chilled white, of course, plus a ready made creme brulee or whatever from Rewe for the obligatory Nachtisch

Posted

Scrambled eggs and buttered toast. You don't even need a recipe!

Posted

Come to California; my brother has faced bigger dramas in his life than SP. He has 3 kids, so bring Lilly. He lives close to katheliz, so we can crash her party next. Word on the street is that she is a good baker. B)

Posted

bacon and eggs mate full english, empires have been won on it

Posted

So, christmas dinner was ham semmel with horseraddish...

However, we pushed the boat out today and lilly and I had ' vikki the viking potato shapes' with ketchup and mayo!

Posted

Mate it does not matter what you had so long as your daughter is with you i dont think she will mind at all

Posted

All the while sparing a thought for the poor bastards out there (our brothers and fellow men) who will be up in the darkness with screaming, un-controllable, children. Harried all morning by a better half they are really struggling to find something better about, just at the moment. Off to lunch with a bunch of family and relatives they can´t stand. Probably having to stay sober on account of all the driving. home in the evening to put the over-excited and grumpy kids and spouse to bed, only to have said spouse pick the mother of all arguments with them just as they collapse on the couch with that luscious single malt they have been dreaming about for the better part of a year now.

And we all know what the poor bastards get in return for this day of undeserving torture, don´t we?

Socks, Hankies and peanut-fucking-brittle!!

Now I'm really annoyed at Farmer Andy. Nothing in the above could be further from the truth. Absolute falsehood.

It was shower gel.

Absolutely perfect account of my christmas! No Christmas Eve snog 'n' grope for us!

Posted

you have expensive tastes. Hessischer Hof is not for the "light of wallet". Last time I was there with some colleagues, we each paid around 110€ for a drink or two and a cigar! I was nervous to enquire about the cost of overnight accommodation.