Angela Merkel and her government are a disaster...

104 posts in this topic

Posted

She didn't do any reform, poverty in Germany is skyrocketing, rural pockets of East Germany are under the strong influence of neo-nazis and bike gangs, and she keeps repeating the typical "Deutschland uber alles" propaganda. She tells to other countries that they have to live within their means, when it's Deutsche Bank and other big German banks that invested reclessy in the US, Irish and Spanish housing bubble...so apparently "we ze great Germans" are not so clean...

The austerity imposed on other European countries is destroying them, Greece is going to turn into a neo-nazi dictatorship, but she doesn't care, she's a fanatic of the Austrian cult of economics.

After the 2006 Word Cup Germany was considered the most popular country in Europe, now it's the most despised, and we still haven't seen anything, regarding the consequences of this anti-German wave on innocent Germans living abroad.

Her past is also quite shady, since during he youth she was an active Soviet Communist and was contacted by the Stasi to spy on her colleagues...

In my view she's the worst chancellor Germany has ever had after Hitler. A stubborn housewive of the DDR in charge of the biggest country in Europe...a recipe for disaster.

And like Hitler, both Germany and the rest of Europe will pay an heavy price for her policies...

Posted

Her past is also quite shady, since during he youth she was an active Soviet Communist and was contacted by the Stasi to spy on her colleagues...

Your nationality states you as being 'European', German perchance? But presumably not of the former east?

Posted

I like Merkel, when I see her I always have the feeling she needs a hug.the Greeks on the other hand, well John said it already and I don't know what the sums are but a population of 10 million get how many billionzzzz ?what is that per head?

Posted

You're not supposed to mention Hitler until you're desperate.

GEZ does, They say on the website.

That if he came round with Mr G and asked them to show something they would tell him too take a hike.

If they had GEZ in 1937 no World war 2.

Posted

Um... 10-4

Posted

Blah, blah, blah ..

You almost got my very first reddie, but then I thought "Nahh, I wait for someone who deserves it.".

Posted

Things that went down lately:

My state pension contributions

My fuel bills

My estimation of MohawkGuy

Posted

The Greeks went willingly into the Euro, or at least their government did. Same with Spain, Ireland etc. And they gave themselves bank credits as well that weren't sustainable, created real estate bubbles that were bound to crash. This happened in all the affected countries.

That is the pertinent bit.

How many Greek citizens actually wanted into the € ?

I don't believe they were one of the countries that had a vote on it.

Posted

Isolating external and internal policy, I can't really see how Merket did anything wrong in terms of internal policy. Comparing with neighboring countries, the economy of Germany is strong, opportunities for employment are not completely annhilated like in Italy, Spain, France, Belgium; etc.

Externally, she obviously handled the Greek-problem too slowly, indecisively, and centering her focus excessively on keeping "her" electorate happy in the short term. Are those typical faults of every politician? Yes, but we can still complain about them.

Posted

See, that's why it's time for a federal European republic: Impose some tax-paying discipline on the Greeks and get rid of Mrs Merkel in one fell swoop

Posted

The number of minuses MohawkGuy got is...interesting, but I guess I already knew that TT was heavily merkelisiert. The criticisms that MohawkGuy brought up have been discussed at length in the "Where to go, Greece?" thread without the piling-on.

And: his criticisms have the additional merit of being mostly correct.

As much as you would like to pretend, Greece's problems in real terms, in terms of solutions, are not Greece's. They stopped being so, the moment they joined the Eurozone. Same for Italy, same for Spain. Germany let itself be deluded into the idea that it could just write into Maastricht a demand that these countries become economically like Germany, but that wasn't going to happen on that schedule. You can't just "uninstall" Italy and "install" the German operating system on it. Especially when it is not really the German operating system, which includes automatic transfers to the Saarland and Berlin...

Nope, in point of fact, Greece's problems are...your problems (and mine, of course). The solution will, in one way or another, involve our bank accounts (those of us who earn money in Germany, at least). The longer it takes to make a decision, the more expensive it will be for us. The fault is not exclusively Merkel's (it goes back to Schröder), but Merkel has been dragging it and other problems out so that she doesn't have to deal with them. As people do not like to have to deal with problems, she remains popular as long as the cataclysm isn't too strongly felt in Germany itself. As long as.

Posted

Its Friday again?