Proof of English Language Proficiency

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all

So,most of the people here would be more concerned with the Proof of Language Proficiency regarding German language.

My case is different... i need a Proof of Language Proficiency for English language:(

I have spoken English since i am 5 years, but as it is not my mother tongue, proof is required.

I browsed Toytown and for the certificate regarding English language i did not found nothing helpful for me (only for German)

Is there a way to get this certificate for free?

If not ,anyone knows where is the cheapest and easiest way to get one or make the exam, here in Munich?

Thanks

Posted

I guess you would need to do either the IELTS or the TOEFL. Google for testing centers in Munich. I don't think it's free.

Posted

thanks, i will look into it...

damn, and they are not so cheap...:(

Posted

Do you need it for a job or a course of studies? I'm wondering if the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English would be any good.

Posted

I will ask them, what certificate they want exactly...

..i think i should get the more recognized one, as it can be helpful in the future...

till now companies where i worked, during the interview saw that i was clearly comfortable with English so they did not care about this...

is the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English a free test? :)

Posted

None of the tests are free. There is always an administrative fee involved.

Posted

Is the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English a free test?

No, it's not free either. The fee varies according to the testing center. Our son did the Cambridge First Certificate earlier this year and it was €180 through a VHS testing center.

Yes, do make sure to ask them exactly which test they would like you to do.

Posted

Hi

Have you thought about the telc exam although I am not sure what the cost is :( It depends on each school or centre so I would call all of them to see what the cost is in Munich.

telc examinations are geared to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF) and have been developed to serve the needs and interests of a wide variety of individuals, groups and organisations.

telc general language tests are aimed at adults who wish to certify their language abilities and thereby achieve their personal or professional goals.

The broad spectrum of topics covered in these examinations reflect the candidates’ own experiences in daily life and in their leisure and business

activities.

telc business tests are aimed at everyone seeking certification of their language competence for business and professional purposes.

Test topics are selected for their relevance to professional life, such as everyday business situations, the hotel & restaurant area and the technical sector.

The CEF defines six internationally comparable levels of progress:

A1 and A2: basic language skills

B1 and B2: independent use of language

C1 und C2: proficient use of language

Exam centres in Munich

You can look at sample tests and download tests from their website to do e.g. practice test.

This can help you decide which level test to do.

Hope this helps

Posted

ok,

thank you all for the information

cheers