Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Computer Gaming in Germany

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, everyone. I hope someone can answer a very important question I have.

I am looking to build a computer, specifically for GAMING, and I was wondering if I can buy computer hardware parts in Germany. I already built one in the US, where i previously lived, but i didn't bring it with me, selling it in the process. Who would bring a RIG with them overseas :blink: ? Anyway, I live in the Metzingen area, (specifically in Neugreuth, but i go back and forth almost everyday), and i was wondering if i could find parts or a computer hardware store in this area, or is my best bet to get the parts of Amazon or something?

Also, this may be a question off topic, but would there be, by any chance, any gaming clubs or cafes around the Stuttgart area?

Thanks in advance for any replies, and I hope I am not asking too many questions. :D

Posted

http://www.alternate.de and Amazon.

Posted

Compare online hardware prices at Geizhals

Shipping costs often depend on the payment type you use.

The Geizhals system for seller reputation uses 1 as the best score so lower numbers in the "Händler-Bewertung" column are better.

Posted

+1 for Geizhals - saved me loadsa money on my latest rig build.

Posted

thanks for all the different stores and websites. By any chance, do you guys have any idea on if there are any clubs or meetings around the Stuttgart OR Munchen area for gaming?

Also, one other small question: If i were to get a Playstation 3 in Germany, would i be able to play ps3 games FROM the US?

Posted

Also, one other small question: If i were to get a Playstation 3 in Germany, would i be able to play ps3 games FROM the US?

Yes and Blurays.

Posted

There is a gaming thread on TTown for Munich over here: http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216354

They don't meet regularly from what I've seen.. then again I'm only lurker and I've not been along myself... yet! :)

Posted

Thank you all for the replies. I just have one more question pressing on my mind. If i were to get an Xbox or PS3 from the USA, and bring it or have it sent TO GERMANY, can i USE it? Im really scared to find out that i buy it from the US or have it sent from there to GERMANY, and then finding out it won't work because of i.e. Regional ISSUES?, CODING ISSUES, etc? THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION for me.

Thank you all for your answers in advance.

Posted

Hello- I just went through this in the last two months. I bought a heavy-duty transformer to provide power to the Xbox and my US blu-ray player. Upon plugging it in and connecting it to my TV (using HDMI), I discovered that mostly everything worked without a hitch. I couldn't watch my Hulu and Netflix stuff though, and had difficulty adding points to my account from the Xbox itself (the web worked fine).

For a variety of reasons, I added a second router to my home network and flashed it to work with Strong VPN. The Xbox and Apple TV and some other things now go through it and the streaming and everything work normally.

I think if you don't want to go the VPN route, you can get almost all of the gaming stuff done that you want- it's mostly the media streaming, or possibly purchasing, that will be a problem.

Here's the thread I posted on the XBL forums asking the same thing:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/357400.aspx

Good luck!