Meetup for over 40s

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in joining me for a Stammtisch for slightly older people.

I am German but would like to improve my English.

I have found the other meetups I have been to have had a much younger average age and it would be nice to meet some people closer to my age.

Please let me know if you think this would be a good idea!

Posted

Definitely.

Posted

Mmm, maybe. But it seems you are slightly unsure of where you fit in - your profile says you are British and born in 1987. And if you sign up to a 20-something meetup, then yes, of course that is what you'll get.

So, who's the real jennie871?

Posted

There was a meetup for some time, and at least the very first event had quite a large crowd, but it looks like it lost steam.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=211980&st=250

Posted

i like the idea, but we need to come to a decision!if the person who started this is really over 40 or someone who just likes to go out with older people, is irrellevant in my opinion! should this thread die off then pm me and we'll organise something, somewhere in munich for the over forties. waddya say?

Posted

(I am helping my older technophobic flatmate via this post!)

She suggests meeting at 20:00 im Gast.

Please sign up if you're interested so a table can be booked. The table will be booked under the name Over 40s Meetup.

Looking forward to meeting you.

1. Inga

Posted

A profile piccie of some proper fit top tottie will assure a good male attendnce too! :lol:

Posted

Sorry! Wednesday 12th December 20:00 in Gast.

Posted

Jennie,

you don't seem to have a lot of enthusiastic reponders. Maybe because there are already so many Munich meetups for food and/or drink? There are drinking groups every Tuesday and Friday, "try to speak German" food/drink on Sundays and Wednesdays as well as Curry night on Wednesdays. All of these are stable and well-attended, not only by teenies! Additionally there are many specialized groups that call irregular meetings -- Skeptics, Photography Club, Mothers and all sorts of things, so the market is rather saturated. I expect that is why the earlier 40+ group has gone extinct (or has it?). As you seem to be a recent addition to TT, you might do better to join a few of the other popular groups for awhile and see if there is still a need for a TT oldies meet. From what I've observed there are plenty of 40+ at the Friday Biergarten and other functions.

Anyway, I would have time and lust to meet on this Wednesday even if we would be alone. Alternatively, we could both join the Curry group instead? If no one else responds soon, PM me and we can make a plan.

Oops. Reset. You wrote this for Inga, a German who wants to practice English. Will you be there as well? You didn't put youself on the list. Inga might have better luck with the GEA (German English Association) events. They are more Germans who want English practice and they are very active with hiking events, concerts and such. They are also probably more in the 40+ age range. Search for GEA Munich and you can track down a link to their mailing list and see their monthly program online.

JC

Posted

We we're thinking of starting the same group, over 40, unfortunetly busy this week and gone for six weeks after that so drop me a PM and we can talk about getting something going in the new year. Also I know there are quite a few groups like this, but they tend to grow by word of mouth. For example we went to a well attended one in Friesing for a while.

When we're back I'll take a look at the GErman English Ass.

Posted

Okay, thanks for all the other ideas. As there's no one else signed up for this evening there will be no meeting tonight at Gast.

I will pass on all your ideas to Inga and if any of you want to organise something in the future please feel free to PM me.

Best wishes to all of you!

Posted

Yeah, I'd like to meet some more mature english-speaking people with real experience not just the dreamy ideas of the young. Live near Rosenheim, both Brit & Swiss ("Doppelbürger"), speak E/F/G fluently, spend most of my life travelling, skiing, biking, wouldn't mind part-time activity, non-exec director, technical sales or similar.

Posted

Yeah, count me in on that one. Been scouring the TT site for something to do tonight. Would like to meet up with a 40+ crowd.

(Just cause we're over 40, doesn't mean we're dead.) ME: German/Californian/Texan speaks English and German. Recently arrived (back) in Munich but it has been a few years. Kinda newbie all over again.

Posted

I am interested, too. Can't seem to find a group at TT were I feel ok. I am German, 53, don't drink beer and I have a partner. So how about a group for 40+ who just like to meet and talk? At a venue that is nice and not too loud or crowded (like Cafe Rothmund at Rothmundstr., http://www.rothmundcafe.de/)?

Posted

I am in Munich next saturday and sunday, and would love to meet someone for a drink or anything... Male 45.

Anyone interessted?

Posted

I just came across this thread, and would definitely be interested in an over 40 meet-up. Not sure if you all have met already, but I would love to make the next one.

I am from the US and married to a Bavarian. We have been living in Munich for 2 years now.

Nicole