Young People in NRW

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Everyone! I am Maggie, I will be moving to Germany in just over a month to work as an au pair. I have been perusing TT for at least a week now, and I have seen in other cities they have forum topics on meetups and such for 20 somethings... I could not really find this so much for NRW. I love meeting people of all ages, I do not mean to be agist... I just would love to get to know people around my age to hang out with on weekends and free time!

I will be living outside of Dusseldorf starting January 12. Let me know if you live in the area and would like to meet up! Or if you have any information on the Dusseldorf area that would be helpful to know for a young au pair, that would be awesome too!

Viele Grüß!

Maggie

Posted

There's always a bunch of au pairs and students out in McLaughlin's Irish pub in Kurze Str in the Düsseldorf altstadt. Thurs and fri are good nights to go. You can search for the expat meetup in oreilly's, also in the altstadt. It's on once a month, dunno the exact date but search expat meetup Düsseldorf and you'll find it.

Posted

Hey Maggie,

Both myself and my partner have just moved to Dusseldorf a couple of weeks ago...Still finding our feet and have found one really nice bar in particular to go for a drink, it has a very mixed age group, but we would love to find a young group of people to meet up with. He pretty much has work lined up here and I am still looking :)

Our German is pretty limited at the moment.

What part of Dusseldorf are you moving to?

Charlie

Posted

Hi Maggie and hi everyone guys,

I'm Matteo, 20 years old from Italy, I'll move to Dusseldorf on 17/01 to start a 6 months work experience in the city. I would really like to meet some new people there, I don't speak German but I'm willing to learn it (or at least try!), looking forward to hearing more from you! :D

Posted

Ballerinaposes, what do you do in Dusseldorf?

Charlie, I will be living in Erkelenz with the family I work for and taking German class in Möchengladbach. Once I am settled, I would love to meet up with people! I arrive in Germany Jan 12.

Posted

Matteo

Where in Italy are you from? I studied abroad in Rome for a semester and I can speak a little Italian. I think I know more Italian than German, but its been a while since I have spoken it!

Posted

Hey Maggie (and others!)

I'm 23 and about to move to Solingen outside of Dus, also looking for expat friends near my age. I would love to add people on facebook, as I'm not sure how often I will be able to check the forums!

Also, does anyone have links to the expat meetups mentioned above?

Posted

Hi Maggie!

I'm from a little city near Rimini, about one hour and half from Bologna. It's very nice that you studied in Rome for a semester, it should be a fantastic experience I guess! :)

Which country are you from?

Keep in touch!

Matteo

Posted

Here is a Facebook group that organizes meet-ups in Düsseldorf: https://www.facebook.com/groups/29225065722/

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook, message me, I think that is easier for keeping in touch too.

And Matteo, I am from New York, I live 35 miles north of the city.

Posted

Hey Maggie,

Wow, this Facebook group seems fantastic! I just sent my request to join.

NY? Amazing, hope to visit America in the next year!

Posted

Hey Maggie and everyone. I'm 23 and a student at the University of Dortmund. I live 15 mins away from Düsseldorf. I know a couple of nice pubs where we could meet up ;).

Posted

Im 19 from America. Ill be close to dussledorf well about like an hour away in borken but I have Thursday night to Monday afternoon off!!!

Posted

Hey Maggie and everyone. I'm 23 and a student at the University of Dortmund. I live 15 mins away from Düsseldorf. I know a couple of nice pubs where we could meet up .

Hey I'd love to meet up. I will be living in borken jut a little ways away. And I have Thursday night to Monday after lunch off.

Posted

Hi Everyone! I am Maggie, I will be moving to Germany in just over a month to work as an au pair. I have been perusing TT for at least a week now, and I have seen in other cities they have forum topics on meetups and such for 20 somethings... I could not really find this so much for NRW. I love meeting people of all ages, I do not mean to be agist... I just would love to get to know people around my age to hang out with on weekends and free time!

I will be living outside of Dusseldorf starting January 12. Let me know if you live in the area and would like to meet up! Or if you have any information on the Dusseldorf area that would be helpful to know for a young au pair, that would be awesome too!

Viele Grüß!

Maggie

I move to borken whitch is only an hour or something away. I'm 19 from America. Ill be an Au pair starting January 15th.

Posted

¡Hola hombres y mujeres! I'm Dimitris and I'm doing my Masters degree in Aachen. Since I'm entitled to free train travel I might as well use it to see Nordhrein-Westfalen and meet new people :) .

Posted

¡Hola hombres y mujeres! I'm Dimitris and I'm doing my Masters degree in Aachen. Since I'm entitled to free train travel I might as well use it to see Nordhrein-Westfalen and meet new people .

Ill be in borken which is really close to amsterdam and also dussledorf. I'm 19 from the USA. And I am free Thursday night to Monday lunch time

Posted

Hey Maggie!

Wow, an au-pair! I worked as an au-pair in New Jersey in 2011, too! :)

I always like to meet young people from the US or other English-speaking countries to keep practicing my English! If you are interested we can meet up and I show you Düsseldorf. It's a really nice city with many young people and many events to attend to!

Just let me know! ;)

Posted

Yea we should meet up and we can see it all

Posted

Yeah, good idea!

Maybe we should organize something. Facebook might be a good place to start.