Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rentenversicherungspflicht wegen Kindererziehung

10 posts in this topic

Posted

My son was born 4 weeks ago and I have just received a letter from the Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund with the title Rentenversicherungspflicht wegen Kindererziehung. Can anyone exlplain what this is so I don't have to type the whole thing into Google translate?

I am a EU citiszen but have only been living in Germany for 4 months and have not worked here or have a pension here, although my husband is working and paying into a pension. I will be staying home to look after the child. Basically I just want to know if there is anything I should do regarding this letter, or whether i can just ignore it!

Posted

They sent you this letter to tell you that your German public pension account will be credited with 3 year's worth of pension points, just as if you would be working on average wage for 3 years, just for the fact that you had a child.

You will just have to fill in and sign the form V800 and return it together with a copy of your son's birth certificate in order to get these pension points.

If you have difficulties filling in the V800, please ask here.

Posted

Yes, the same applies for study or army time (abroad). You have to do this so-called "Kontoklärung" (pension account clarification). In my case, I can then retire officially at age 63 instead of 67, because my studies count as well although I didn't pay into the system then. I'm not sure if it makes sense to fill in these forms when you plan to be here for a few years only.

Posted

In my case, I can then retire officially at age 63 instead of 67, because my studies count as well although I didn't pay into the system then.

Ermhh, not quite.

You will just get a higher pension once you have reached standard pension age.

Since you were born in 1971, this means age 67 (but no bets on what age it will actually be in a few decades).

For details, please see this official brochure.

Posted

3.0 points are currently worth 84.21 Euro (in West Germany) per monthly pension after reaching retirement age, for reference.

Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have only just got around to looking at the form and have a few questions:

1) Do I fill this in now or when my son is 3 years old? It seems strange to be declaring now what I will/ will not have done during the next 3 years!

But if I do fill it in now:

2) Do I need to put anything in Section 1 "Wohnsitz im Beitrittsgebiet vom-bis".

3) Section 8 asks for an "Aufenthaltstitel". What do I put here? I am an EU citizen so my status is "FreizügG/EU" on my certificate. The options in the notes are Aufenthaltserlaubnis, Aufenthaltsberechtigung, Niederlassungserlaubnis, Aufenthaltsbefugnis, Aufenthaltsbewilligung, Aufenthaltsbefugnis, als Kriegsflüchtling oder Bürgerkriegsflüchtling, or Duldung???

4) How/ where do I get Section 13 filled in?

5) Where do I send the form?

Thanks again for your help.

Posted

You know, if you don't do anything they will automatically assign you those 3 years since you are the mother.

Source: http://www.rententips.de/rententips/lexikon/index.php?index=2105

"... werden die Zeiten bei der Mutter angerechnet."

So my advice: do nothing.

Posted

What is the story with the father though? I'll be taking 2 months Elternzeit so do I need to claim these credits towards my state pension as well?

Posted

Elternzeit would be unpaid leave, which you are allowed to take until the child is 3 years old.

Elterngeld, i.e. you getting money during those 2 months fathers tend to take (which I assume is what you meant) is something else.

You will have to jointly submit and sign the form V820 "Erklärung über die Zuprdnung der Kindererziehungszeit bei gemeinsamer Erziehung" and tell them that 2 of those 36 pension months should be allocated to you, and 34 to the mother, see page 79 in this official brochure.

You should take care to submit this form in good time.

They only accept a retroactive change to the default "the mother gets all 36 months", maximum 2 months into the past, calculated from the date you submitted the form.