Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tracking down a taxi driver

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone have an idea how I might track down a taxi driver? I had a pretty expensive taxi trip for work but all I got off him was the credit card slip, and not the actual bill so I can't be reimbursed. The only details I have from him are:

Taxiunternehmen Kizil

81369, Muenchen

Google isn't helping me out much. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted

I was thinking he's probably a freelancer and not likely to be listed as a company, so I checked and there's only one Kizil in the telephone book for Munich. The post code doesn't match, but it might be worth a shot.

Posted

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there a place where all taxi drivers are registered? This was a normal cream Mercedes taxi, and he's obviously somewhat legit because he has a credit card machine to take payments.

Posted

If you don't have a taxi receipt, you might be able to use an "Ersatzbeleg" for your travel expense claim. You fill in date, amount, expense type and if your manager signs it, you get reimbursed. Well, this is the case in my company. In many countries you don't get a receipt at all in a taxi, e.g. Morocco, Mozambique, Ukraine, etc. but you still have expenses to claim.

Posted

Perphaps phone Taxi Muenchen and ask them.

Posted

There is almost certainly an official taxi organisation or Genossenschaft that he will have to have registered in. You cant just claim to be a taxi driver. It is probably overorganised. And he will have a number. It might be city or area centric such as the Bavarian Taxi Verband or Taxi Munich.

If you are an ADAC member, this is the sort of help they can give too.

These sort of people are not too internet savvy and you'll probably resolve this over the telephonce.

Posted

Does anyone have an idea how I might track down a taxi driver? I had a pretty expensive taxi trip for work but all I got off him was the credit card slip, and not the actual bill so I can't be reimbursed. The only details I have from him are:

Taxiunternehmen Kizil

81369, Muenchen

Google isn't helping me out much. Anyone have any ideas?

If you just possibly happen to have his license plate the numbers are identical with his taxi license. No, really! I had problems with a taxi driver a few weeks ago and learned this important fact from the taxi dispatch HQ.

Posted

Unfortunately don't have his plates. I also have a 10 digit number from him, but I'm pretty sure that's his VISA customer number. I think I'll give the taxi companies a call like others suggested and see what comes up. Thanks for the help.

Posted

Did you pick up this taxi on the street, or phone a number to book it?

If you phoned somewhere, then they should be able to help you further...

Posted

Just got it at the airport unfortunately..

Posted

I would get the train to the airport, go to where the taxis pick up, ask the other drivers and then leave my phone number. Then I would go and wait at the airbrau and shitfaced until he called me.

Worst case, you don't find the driver but you do get to drink some cheap beers ;-)

Posted

If you paid with a card, won't the charge show up on your statement as a taxi or transport and wouldn't that be enough to turn in since you would have a ticket proving you flew home/out that same day on business?

Posted

I once made a deal with a boss/friend of mine. I'd pay for the hotel rooms, and he'd pay for the night out. We landed at a strip club and every time the girls would come over to me and ask for a glass of champagne, I'd tell them to go ask the boss. He kept on buying and buying, and it came out to over 2000 Euros (seriously). I made one hell of a deal that night, since the hotel rooms only cost 120 Euros.

Somehow he was able to get the company to pay for this, when it was clearly a private outing between two friends, yet OP is having trouble getting his company to pick up the cab fare. Perhaps OP should cross out Taxiunternehmen Kizil and scrawl in "Lapdanceunternehmen Kizil"...

Posted

If you paid with a card, won't the charge show up on your statement as a taxi or transport and wouldn't that be enough to turn in since you would have a ticket proving you flew home/out that same day on business?

typically; the receipt is enough.. most cabs i use do the trip summary + CC receipt in one. just talk to your financial department to sort it out. bottom line it was a transaction; as long as it says "taxi" on the receipt; that should be sufficient

Posted

They say they need a receipt that shows the MwSt etc. Maybe I can argue it with them, if I can't find him I'll try it out.

Posted

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out the MwSt from the amount.

If they won't pay, screw them accordingly on your next trip.

Posted

it's not about calculating the MwSt amount. The Finanzamt wants "proper" invoices, which means the MwSt has to be shown separately on the invoice (and companies go with what the FA demands).

Hutcho, you could try adding an Eigenbeleg to it.

Posted

We had to trace one a few years ago, a taxi guy accidentally drove off with my child's hand luggage with lots of her toys in. There was no name on our case. My wife made a couple of calls to the major firms and described the guy and the case and two days later we got the case back, the guy was really embarrassed about it.

Posted

Google - Taxi Zentrale

You should also talk to your HR/accounts whoever processes this. They will have a process for cases where reciepts are missing - you are not the first to loose a reciept and you won't be the last.