Harassment laws in Germany

56 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a qualified instructor and has a very good record in all my previous workplaces.

Recently I joined a new institution where I was amazed to see gross neglect and abuse practiced by employees. I was expected to do the same. I reported, some quick actions were taken and concerned employees were expelled. I became a sort of friend/alley with the boss and enemy of the rest of the staff!

Two months ago the boss employed a new employee 'X' who is a very jealous, ambitious, cut throat and an aggressive type of person. When X sensed my importance in the institution, she started telling lies about me to the boss accusing me of doing wrong things which I hadn't even done. Within two weeks the situation got so ugly that the boss not only believed her but also started forwarding confidential mails to her. Talks didn't help. The boss is now avoiding to talk to me. X is treating me like a criminal and sends me harassing mails accusing me of doing things I haven't done and presents everything said or done by me in an insanely twisted way to make me appear like a wrongdoer.

She has damaged my reputation and causing me great stress and grief.

I wonder if tomorrow will be my last day there.

The fact that the rest of the staff is already my enemy is of course working against me.

Can you pay such a big price for being right and doing right?

Is there anything I can do to stop her?

Any advice is appreciated.

Posted

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned...

Posted

here in Germany it's called "mobbing"...I would just try to document it as best you can. Do you already have Rechtversicherung? If not, get it post haste.

good luck.

Posted

How will Rechtversicherung help, may I ask?

I only knew about health insurance...

Posted

It would help you if you wanted to bring a charge against the person mobbing you.

Posted

Could I report her to police for sending me harassing emails? Only I know that I am right and being harassed. The boss thinks she is right.

Posted

Sorry franklan, according to your post mobbing is justified. I am looking for support and advice not pert sarcasm. You are right of course that I made a big mistake in reporting to the boss the wrongdoings of my colleagues; I knew I will eventually make enemies or worse still get fired as soon as I had got the job, but I had to do it because their wrongdoings were just not acceptable and was making life miserable for so many people/clients involved. I am sure any honest person would do this what I did.

Please do not twist my situation. Ms X does quite like this.

Posted

I knew I will eventually make enemies or worse still get fired as soon as I had got the job, but I had to do it because their wrongdoings were just not acceptable and was making life miserable for so many people/clients involved.

So you knew this would happen...

You made your bed.. lay in it!

Posted

Recently I joined a new institution where I was amazed to see gross neglect and abuse practiced by employees.

You'll need to explain what you mean by "gross neglect and abuse". That could mean absolutely anything ie perhaps just your personal take on things. I'd bet anything you like that the others you snitched on and caused to be fired didn't see it that way.

I became a sort of friend/alley with the boss and enemy of the rest of the staff!

What comes around goes around..karma's a bitch. You really don't come across as a very nice sort of person.

Posted

.karma's a bitch.

Not only Karma by the sounds of it! :lol:

Posted

Sorry franklan, according to your post mobbing is justified.

Nope, I do not justify "mobbing".

Maybe individual "X" is really a PITA.

What you might want to evaluate: The 'old' staff and the boss made the independent decission to refrain from interacting with you! Do you really believe that "x" is the source of these independent decissions? Nobody is that good in manipulating people!

You stepped in Horse-Poo... And now you try to get out of this by saying "if the horse wouldn't have dumped exactly here I wouldn't have stepped in! It's the horse that is the source of my trouble!"

Posted

You stepped in Horse-Poo... And now you try to get out of this by saying "if the horse wouldn't have dumped exactly here I wouldn't have stepped in! It's the horse that is the source of my trouble!"

And here is a piccie of my sweetie having just declared " Vorsicht papa. Horsie Kacka!"

post-20684-13548385555381.jpg

Posted

You remind me of a colleague that was a vendor at my old firm, went to another firm, and having kept in touch with her, I got her another job at the old company. She was always talking about 'mobbing' and woe is me.

Having worked with her for 2 years, I regretted even lifting a finger. Passing the buck, delegating things which were her remit, escalating without need etc.

Your initial post sounds like a power hungry appartchik. So it's ok to put others into difficult positions, but when it's reverted back at you, it's harrassment? Grow up and learn to work in a team and reduce your ego!

But for the benefit of the doubt - define 'gross neglect'. If you work in the social services etc., then perhaps you have a point. If in a corporate, perhaps not unless you're employed by an investment bank.

Posted

I think you are over qualified for the job anyway. apply for the CEO position as soon as its available.

Posted

I am a qualified deep fryer instructor and has a very good record in all my previous workplaces. I can do to stop her?Any advice is appreciated.

So I presume you heard TT, is awash with assassins for hire then? What kind of instructor are you? I would guess the fast food industry; therefore you can offer a few family buckets, with sides as an incentive fee....

Posted

... I am looking for support and advice not pert sarcasm. ...

Tough! Your situation calls for a good measure of both.

You are right of course that I made a big mistake in reporting to the boss the wrongdoings of my colleagues; I knew I will eventually make enemies or worse still get fired as soon as I had got the job, but I had to do it because their wrongdoings were just not acceptable and was making life miserable for so many people/clients involved.

Naive! Much. Chances are your boss already knew about what your previous colleagues were doing, bosses are not always blind, deaf and dumb. Your pointing it out to him/her will have forced his/her hand into action and there is your biggest issue. Your were new in the job and causing waves, in your next job shut up and do your work. (notwithstanding any obvious illegal/abusive etc. activities)

I am sure any honest person would do this what I did.

Again naive. What is the chance that the entire team were doing something wrong, unethical or dishonest without anybody else knowing? slim to none I would say. Again you were new to the job, take the time to get to know exactly how the ground lies before accusing others there may be sound business reasoning around why something is done in a none standard way.

Please do not twist my situation. Ms X does quite like this.

Who or what is 'Ms X' and why are you talking like that? referring to yourself, if X is you, in this way makes you sounds stupid and/or stand-offish which is obviously one of your issues with team work, maybe you should work on that a bit.

EDIT: Thanks Crusoe for 'Ms X', still Merita does display a shocking level of naïveté.

Posted

I am looking for support and advice not pert sarcasm.

On the bright side, now you have us to blame, as well. Perhaps it is your inability to be open to points of view which don't coincide with your own, that is the problem. Sometimes, you just have to look in the mirror and say, "holy shit, it's me!"

Posted

Who or what is 'Ms X' and why are you talking like that?

halfright, Ms X is the new employee who is now making waves and may (or may not) be behind the wave of bullying. See OP's OP.