Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recommendations needed for private German courses

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear all,

my name is Alex and I have been in this country for some time. I work in the university of Aachen and I leave close to Duesseldorf (actually Neuss).

I am looking for some private course or small group for intensive german courses (either in Aachen or in Duesseldorf). In the past I have used the classes in the language center of my university (RWTH) and the courses in Aachen-VHS. I found both to not be suitable for me. Either the groups are too large, either teachers and some of the students are not motivated or the pace is quite slow so it does not pay off to commute there for a 10 minutes real work.

As I am working quite a lot usually 6 days of week with around 10 hours per day I think a private course might be better for me as some course flexibility will help a lot. The problem though is that a typical german course usually costs a lot of money per hour which I am not willing to do.

I would like then to ask you if you have in mind any person that charges a bit less for private courses that can work on really intensive courses with me.

Regards

Alex.

P.s you can send me an email to alaios@yahoo.com

Posted

"As I am working quite a lot usually 6 days of week with around 10 hours per day",and not one word German used, my!! !

You really must get into a group of German speakers, you need also the German social contact too learn it properly

look to the VHS for an advanced course, "not for integration ", it won't come to you.

German

Posted

With work hours like that it will be awkward to join most courses. A private tutor would probably work better in your situation. I'd recommend placing an advert on student notice boards (or newsletter if they have one) at your uni in Aachen or Heinrich Heine Uni in Ddorf. I~m sure some Post Grads somewhere would glad of the experience and the cash. Bet best would be Germanistik of Pedagogy I would think.

Posted

Hi Alex,

How long have you been in Germany and what is your standard of German? When you say "intensive German courses" what do you mean exactly? Do you have a basic knowledge of German and want to improve it to a higher standard. Do you require it for it for a normal daily life or for advancement in your work. I suggest you brush up on your vocabulary and get involved into social clubs or groups where you can speak and hear German only. Getting a German girlfriend will obviously help too. Another good way to learn is to watch a lot of German television or movies. Get more involved in the German community and that will help as well and you will make a lot of friends too.

Posted

I have a guy come around my house. His rates are reasonable and he is flexible. www.intracultura.de

Posted

Hi Alex,

How long have you been in Germany and what is your standard of German? When you say "intensive German courses" what do you mean exactly? Do you have a basic knowledge of German and want to improve it to a higher standard. Do you require it for it for a normal daily life or for advancement in your work. I suggest you brush up on your vocabulary and get involved into social clubs or groups where you can speak and hear German only. Getting a German girlfriend will obviously help too. Another good way to learn is to watch a lot of German television or movies. Get more involved in the German community and that will help as well and you will make a lot of friends too.

I have a guy come around my house. His rates are reasonable and he is flexible. www.intracultura.de

My level is something close to B1. I can say normal sentences but that's all. I do not think this level is enough for joining social clubs. I also believe that "normal" courses are not okay for me as I will not be able to attend some of the courses. I liked the idea for findining someone giving me courses at a reasonable cost, compared to the "professionals" but I failed to find one so far. I put some "advertisements" in some announcement boards in my University in Aachen but nothing came so far.

Regards

Alex

Posted

Further details available at:

+49 (0)2174 79 15 12

info@intracultura.de

phone number of intercultura does not answer and they do not reply to emails...

Any tips?

Posted

Have a look on Hereit's a handy site for Duss area bits and pieces and has some language school details on it.

Posted

Alex, unfortunately I am in lower saxony, but....

will SKYPE lessons be ok for you?

I am also teaching Mon-Sat, but mostly Sundays I am free...

I also put a note in adverts, in case you like to see my references...

Posted

Hi Andy,

I did a German course in Duss at the English College that did German lesions as well,it was one night a week from 7pm to 8.30pnm and there was small glasses of seven people at the most. There are three different levels of classes and I even learned something, hee hee.

The guy who runs the school is called Andy and here is his e-mail address: andyganner" <andyganner@web.de>. It cosgt me ERO$100 for 12 weeks and another ERO$15 for the book and CD.

Hope it helps,

Cheers Nicki