Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buses that arrive and leave too early

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Bus #154 going west often arrives and leaves 2 - 4 minutes early at Augustenstrasse at low traffic times. People often arrive at the stop before the scheduled time but don't see that the bus has already turned from Schellingstr. onto Augustenstr.

But I notice that at the next stop, Goresstr., it often (but not always) sits for a few minutes, sometimes for a driver change.

It doesn't really make sense to post specific times at stops and then ignore them.

Anyone know what the official MVV policy is for early bus arrivals?

Posted

The Policy is.. You missed the bus, so deal with it.. Perhaps try getting there 10min early next time

Posted

Take a look at the printed schedule at the bus stop, it says something along the lines of "nachts und am Wochenende eventuell kürzere Fahrzeiten". My Sunday bus alternates between two minutes early and up to eight minutes late, and this on a route that only takes eight or nine minutes.

When it is running early, and when the driver is not an egotistical ass who wants a nice long break at the terminal (Petuelring) it sometimes waits at the stop before mine until it's back on schedule.

Posted

Yes the 134 often leaves early too in Hansastr. The beggars!

This causes online journey planning to be unreliable.

Posted

Take a look at the printed schedule at the bus stop, it says something along the lines of "nachts und am Wochenende eventuell kürzere Fahrzeiten".

Ha. So there IS a policy. I'm definitely going to check out the wording. Thanks Sara.

Posted

Yes, I had one bus driver told me they had a 5 minute buffer either side of the scheduled time so it would behoove me to arrive 10 minutes early.

Posted

I always miss the bus... even with the MVG app on my iphone. The 152 & 132 are either way early or when I am patiently waiting, way too late. The best is when I am running with the stroller and the doors shut in my face. <_<

Posted

The Policy is.. You missed the bus, so deal with it.. Perhaps try getting there 10min early next time

Yes, I had one bus driver told me they had a 5 minute buffer either side of the scheduled time so it would behoove me to arrive 10 minutes early.

Two planes in the air. One flys high, one nose dives like Lindsey Lohan on a Friday night.

Posted

Wanted - do you keep the doors open for people running to the bus and are very nearly there? Or is closing the doors in the passenger's face and driving off the informal policy of 98% of MVV busdrivers specifically? ;)

Posted

First World problems. Apparently, none of you have experience with Africa where often the bus doesn't depart at all :). The other day somebody complained on TT that he missed a train, because of a slow vending machine. Similar issue. Good (German) planning also entails being there early and not showing up in the last minute. If I take the BOB on a Saturday, I'll be there 30 minutes before in order to secure a seat. Just an example.

Posted

We talking North Africa or South Africa?

Posted

First World Problems - the phrase of the day or am I missing something?

Posted

If I take the BOB on a Saturday,

EB has a bus service now?

Posted

Normally I don't care if I miss a bus, another will usually come along shortly anyway, but one time I got so pissed off...

Late at night at Giesing, I know I have to catch the last bus and the U-bahn was running a couple of minutes late. I rush upstairs and am relieved to still see my bus (the last of the night) still there. I run towards it and am about 5 meters away when the doors close. I come up to the bus and knock on the door (the bus has still not moved) The driver looks at me, holds up his arm and taps his watch with an evil smirk, then drives off. What a prick. Sure, I understand about keeping a schedule and all, but it was around 0045, and missing that bus meant about a 45 minute walk, or a taxi.

I don't understand people sometimes. What an ass.

Posted

If I take the BOB on a Saturday, I'll be there 30 minutes before in order to secure a seat. Just an example.

Well that's pretty pointless since in most cases it only arrives 12 minutes before it departs again. Private companies don't win contracts off DB by having trains sitting around in stations.

Posted

>First world problems.

Sure.

Normally I don't care if I miss a bus, another will usually come along shortly anyway,

19 minutes in the freezing cold is not too pleasant.

Posted

Wanted - do you keep the doors open for people running to the bus and are very nearly there? Or is closing the doors in the passenger's face and driving off the informal policy of 98% of MVV busdrivers specifically?

They obviously go to this bus driving school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLowo1zOO-E

Posted

I am aware that this post is in Munich Q&A. And I admit I have no Knowledge about MVV policy, but I thought you may be interested in VRR Policy. On our Elektronischer-Fahrschein Drucker which is linked by GPS to the Zentral Bus Lietsteller, we have a Plus or minus display in increments of 30 seconds. Departure time is signalled by warn tone and at each bus stop thereafter when the doors are opened it is updated. If we have more than 1 minute plus we must wait until the departure time as posted. When I started working here I was told - For to early departure there is no excuse! For arriving late there is always an excuse! I try to drive with a 1 minute minus at every stop. More than 3 minutes is considered running late. As with all electronic systems a record is held. If a passenger complains, even up to month later, the complete route along with arrival and departure times can printed out! A 5 minute window at each stop I think is utter nonsense.

I expect MVV policy is very similar.

The policy is the same in VGN (Nuremberg area). I work in a rural area and there is only one bus per hour between home and work. I show up at the bus stop 2 minutes before departure. The bus comes between -1 to +3 minutes, so I never wait more than 5 minutes.