Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's on your bucket list?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

With only 3 weeks left until the fulfillment of the Mayan prophecies, I figure it's time to go nuts and empty those bank accounts (I can already check that one off) and do all of the things on the bucket list.

There isn't much on my bucket list really, just a few things I would like to do eventually, but won't be too disappointed if I never do.

I would like to visit Middle/South America sometime, but not in the next 3 weeks.

I would like to visit the Vatican, but also not in the next 3 weeks.

I'd like to try a martini (should be doable in 3 weeks, but I probably won't).

I want to spend a week in a coffee shop in Amsterdam (again, not in the next 3 weeks).

I would like to try escargot.

What's on your bucket list, and are any of them doable within the next 3 weeks?

Posted

more like WHO is on your bucket list :ph34r:

Posted

Who isn't ? :P

Posted

As long as you leave Kirsten Dunst and/or Eliza Dushku for me, you're welcome to who else

Posted

To create some cool new thing to say on the internet. Like a Bucket list.

Posted

I was only thinking about this earlier today.

1st on my list is stop thinking like Jaycool.

Perhaps a more realistic bucket list is a few of those at KFC?

Posted

Visit Vietnam - laying demons from the 1960s to rest

Go up in a balloon, possibly combined with a parachute jump

Meet my grandson

Take a walk up the lower slopes of Kilimanjaro or Mount Everest - I'm not picky

See the aurora borealis

Make layered pastry from scratch, just once to say that I have done it

Posted

Vietnam - done. Quite honestly we didn't like it that much, and flew over to Angkor Wat in Cambodia and motorbiked round the ruins which was awesome.

Balloon - did that over the Masai Mara - with champagne breakfast after.

Camped at the foot of Kilimanjaro and trekked six times in the Himalaya. Which was nice.

Aurora borealis? Now we own a caravan we want to travel to Norway to see them next year maybe.

My list? Hmmmm...maybe see the planets really close up in a bloody good telescope, not my 125mm scope. Build my own observatory.

To design and build a garden, either for a school or old people's home.

To meet Felix Baumgartner. One of the most awesome adventurers I think I've ever heard of.

To open my own restaurant, and to build a garden to supply it with veg.

To build a house out of cob.

Posted

One item is to travel on the Blue Train from Capetown to Pretoria...

I'd intended to make this trip to celebrate my 50th but unfortunately the train was destroyed by fire.

Posted

I want to spend a week in a coffee shop in Amsterdam (again, not in the next 3 weeks).

Unfortunately they no longer supply hash to foreigners :(

Posted

I knew they were doing it in some areas of the country, have they already implemented it nationwide? I think they may come to regret it. If they start issuing "prostitution passes" and allowing only residents to get one, they wouldn't have any tourism whatsoever.

Posted

Besides, that law may well be unconstitutional to begin with, because Art 1 of the dutch Constitution guarantees equality to all who are in the country. Such a shame it's still not possible (or at least easy) to have a court test laws for constitutionality :)

Oh, and non-shag thing on my bucket list: Have a milkshake.

Posted

Another one: to drop an E (of decent quality) and hit an all-night rave with awesome trance music on.

Posted

Man am I glad that E and Meth, etc. weren't available to me in my youth. I was taking/smoking/snorting whatever someone handed me, and I surely would have done it.

A friend of mine from my youth, who I used to do a lot of that stuff with, just died a while back. She overdosed on Meth. I suspect I would've travelled a similar route, had I not joined the army and gone to Germany, where it's hard enough to get some decent green.

Posted

That's pretty sad Jay. I'm also actually glad I was away from the rave scene in '96 thereabouts (I think most TTers know where I was). Just would have liked to attend a rave at least once.

Posted

I finished my bucket list about 3 years ago (trip to Syria and Jordan in the footsteps of T.E. Lawrence. I slept outdoors in Wadi Rum!!!)

Anything else is just the icing on the cake (this includes visiting the Amazon jungle and Mongolia. And I might extend that to going to Timbuctoo, too. Just so I can say that I've been there.)

Sorry.. to explain why I got a move on. One of my friends at school had a younger brother who died at the age of 35. Brain haemorrhage. Got up, went to work in a bank, never came back. So I put on a spurt and made sure I got things done before it was too late. (I might not die, but having a stroke or being run over by a car would make some things (e.g. sucab diving [2007]) impossible.)

Other things I would still like to do.. visit the Louvre, the Prado and the Ermitage. Visit Corsica. Return to NZ for a tour of the Hobbit sites.

Posted

I don't think I ever really had a bucket list. I can't think of much that I didn't just do, when the opportunity arose. I was always pretty impulsive and a bit hedonistic, so I have pretty much lived with the candle burning at both ends, and never expected to see 42.

I have calmed down quite a bit over the years (yeah, those of you who think I'm crazy now, should've seen me 20 years ago), but still have that "party attitude" to either overcome, or let kill me.

Either way, I've pretty much done all of the "must do" stuff.

Posted

mess with Texas

Posted

You should have put this in Adult Chat if you want my real answers, Jay. :P

With only 3 weeks to go, I'm busy stockpiling weapons. I won't go down without a fight!

Posted

To meet Felix Baumgartner. One of the most awesome adventurers I think I've ever heard of.To open my own restaurant, and to build a garden to supply it with veg.To build a house out of cob.

"Jezus," lets all live precariously through you jeremy...

....I went on a holiday to Skegness, and ate chip butties in caravan for week... So stuff your ballooning and paddling boat feats!!

BTW: Buamgartners next "stunt," is to drive a caravan on the left lane of the autobahn to Norway, in the quest for trolls... So you can say; "Done that also mate!!!" "And my trolling is legendary..."

Posted

I finished my bucket list about 3 years ago (trip to Syria and Jordan in the footsteps of T.E. Lawrence. I slept outdoors in Wadi Rum!!!)

Now you know why I miss the desert so so much. I slept hundreds of nights under the stars. Does the Hejaz Railway go through Jordan?

You know Petra has a sister city deep in Saudi called Medain Salah?

Posted

Not sure what the railway situation is any more, Jeremy. All I know is that it was blown up by TEL.

Don't think I've ever heard of Medain Salah. One of the other cool things was getting to see Crac des Chevaliers. Dream come true.