Handling fraud of fishy online shop

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

i got a very unpleasant experience from this online shop www.noni.de. i purchased some products cost 44.80eur, the payment system done by XTPayment, and i have got the payment receipt (meaning my payment is succesfully done). but after waiting for 1 month, i haven't got anything from this 'noni.de. i emailed and called them several times, my email never been replied, when i called, there were thousand reasons, the products was not available, will be sent this week, the products have been sent, and today i called, this fishy company told me they haven't received the payment from XTPayment. helllooooo....??? i have all proofs in written, my order confirmation, my payment receipt, everything. anybody ever expereinced this fraud? i know the amount is small, only 44,8euro, but fraud is fraud. besides, can i report to police? i'm just really annoyed.

Posted

can you email them verification of payment and ask for a refund?

you have a paper trail via Email that they have not yet sent you the goods.

Posted

of course i ask for refund, and they said they need to check with XT at first and call me back (which i know would never happen).

@small town: below is what mentioned on my order confirmation which is very convincing with all the information, registergericht, bla..bla..bla..

Vitalität GmbH Wigandstaler Str. 3 D-13086 Berlin

Tel +49 30 - 89 372 111

Fax +4930 - 50 15 87 89

Bankdaten: Deutsche Bank

BLZ: 100 700 24

Kto: 89 34 35 8

IBAN: DE70100700240893435800

BIC/SWIFT: DEUTDEDBBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 106147 B UST-IDNr.: DE252682602

Geschäftsführung: Sven Borgmeyer

Vertraulichkeitshinweis: Diese Nachricht könnte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen enthalten. Sie ist ausschließlich für den angegebenen Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie die Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte den Absender und löschen die Nachricht. Jegliche Verwertung oder Verwendung der Nachricht ist in diesem Fall unzulässig. Confidentiality notice: The information transmitted may contain confidential and/or privileged material and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or have received the message in error, please notify the sender and delete it. Any unauthorized copying disclosure or distribution of the transmitted information is strictly forbidden

Widerrufsbelehrung Widerrufsrecht Sie können Ihre Vertragserklärung innerhalb von 14 Tagen ohne Angabe von Gründen in Textform (z.B. Brief, Fax, E-Mail) oder - wenn Ihnen die Sache vor Fristablauf überlassen wird - auch durch Rücksendung der Sache widerrufen. Die Frist beginnt nach Erhalt dieser Belehrung in Textform, jedoch nicht vor Eingang der Ware beim Empfänger (bei der wiederkehrenden Lieferung gleichartiger Waren nicht vor Eingang der ersten Teillieferung) und auch nicht vor Erfüllung unserer Informationspflichten gemäß Artikel 246 § 2 in Verbindung mit § 1 Absatz 1 und 2 EGBGB sowie unserer Pflichten gemäß § 312g Absatz 1 Satz 1 BGB in Verbindung mit Artikel 246 § 3 EGBGB. Zur Wahrung der Widerrufsfrist genügt die rechtzeitige Absendung des Widerrufs oder der Sache. Der Widerruf ist zu richten an: Vitabe GmbH Wigandstaler Str. 3 13086 Berlin kontakt[at]vitabe-gmbh.de Fax: 030 / 25 79 70 22 < b>Widerrufsfolgen Im Falle eines wirksamen Widerrufs sind die beiderseits empfangenen Leistungen zurückzugewähren und ggf. gezogene Nutzungen (z.B. Zinsen) herauszugeben. Können Sie uns die empfangene Leistung sowie Nutzungen (z.B. Gebrauchsvorteile) nicht oder teilweise nicht oder nur in verschlechtertem Zustand zurückgewähren beziehungsweise herausgeben, müssen Sie uns insoweit Wertersatz leisten. Für die Verschlechterung der Sache und für gezogene Nutzungen müssen Sie Wertersatz nur leisten, soweit die Nutzungen oder die Verschlechterung auf einen Umgang mit der Sache zurückzuführen ist, der über die Prüfung der Eigenschaften und der Funktionsweise hinausgeht. Unter "Prüfung der Eigenschaften und der Funktionsweise" versteht man das Testen und Ausprobieren der jeweiligen Ware, wie es etwa im Ladengeschäft möglich und üblich ist. Paketversandfähige Sachen sind auf unsere Kosten und Gefahr zurückzusenden. Nicht paketversandfähige Sachen werden b ei Ihnen abgeholt. Verpflichtungen zur Erstattung von Zahlungen müssen innerhalb von 30 Tagen erfüllt werden. Die Frist beginnt für Sie mit der Absendung Ihrer Widerrufserklärung oder der Sache, für uns mit deren Empfang.

Ende der Widerrufsbelehrung

my question is, is there anything i can do, instead of letting my money just gone like that? i prefer to give to charity then.

Posted

Cancel your order and demand a refund. Send them the proof of payment (the XTPayment transaction number or a screen shot of your payment details) and give them a week to comply.

If they don't refund your money, go to the police.

Posted

One suggestion, though unsolicited, it is better not to mention your bank details in Public.

Posted

Those are the company's bank details.

Posted

The same information is available on the company website. It isn't confidential by any stretch of the imagination.

Posted

I had this happen once for €100 (electronics shop). I did most of the same things... canceled order, demanded refund, threatened police, lawsuits, etc. The one thing that finally worked for me was threatening to make trouble at their bank. I called the bank, got the name of the compliance officer, then called the shitbirds back and told them I would be filing a written complaint with the Bundesverband Deutscher Banken and the BaFin that the bank is facilitating illegal activities (fraud). I mentioned that I would be citing Compliance Officer Herr xxxxxxxx in the complaints and hinted heavily that the bank would likely shut down down his account very quickly so as to avoid a compliance shitstorm. Of course it was mostly all a bluff. But it worked perfectly. Money was there in four days.

Posted

My reference to hippies was a suggestion that in this case the people aren't fraudsters but simply incompetent. A quick look at the website shows that they sell organic wellness health crap, and people into this kind of stuff aren't exactly famous for speed or business acumen. Just keep sending reminders, they'll dispatch the goods when they feel they're ready and the earth is in alignment with Gaia.

Posted

@Danhessen : very good idea! have sent the cancellation email and give them 1 week to comply, if nothing happen, i will do like what you did.

@smalltown: you are right, one time experience is enough. actually when i was looking for the products, i made a try because the price was cheaper than other reliable shop. now it turns out ugly..

Posted

I don't know why people think that the police is this magical place that can help you with your civil disputes.

Posted

Perhaps because filing charges against someone for fraud or misappropriation of funds does wonders to light a proverbial fire under their asses?

Posted

I would imagine they'll tell you to go away.

Posted

I had a similar experience with http://www.hardwareversand.de/ I ordered €500 of computer gear online paid in advance. It took them one month to acknowledge that they received my bank transfer (admitting it was from an OS account but a month is pushing things), then they didn't have the items in stock anymore, even though they had promised to hold them in stock for my order (first of many lies). :angry: Of course I canceled the order and bought elsewhere who from start to finish only took one week...

So it took another month of constant phone calls, emails and general begging to get my money back. I was sending correspondence repeatedly quoting the full names of anyone involved, referencing the facts in chronological date order and ensuring that if each area or person could not help, pressuring them to escalate to more senior management. I think it is important to maintain composure on the phone, state facts and steadfastly demand either resolution or escalation until resolved. I could not have done it without my patient German partner for the countless emails, phone calls, translation and support!

What I think made it happen was the following firm statements in our correspondence (and telephone follow up):

"Das Geld muss auf das folgende Konto sofort überweisen werden ansonsten sehe ich mich gezwungen rechtliche Schritte einzuleiten."

..and something along the lines of:

"Wenn wir bis (xxxINSERT-DATExx)th (xxINSERT-MONTHxx) bis 17 Uhr nichts von Ihnen gehört haben und keine Rückerstattung haben dann werden wir einen Vollstreckungsbescheid adressiert an Herrn (xxINSERT-NAME-OF-COMPANY-OWNERxxx) einleiten.

As I understand, "Vollstreckungsbescheid" is the Enforcement Order Notice that the company owner or director would receive, once you have completed the process of "Mahnbescheid" (Court Order for Money Owed). Of course it never needed to go down that road, but the information here on Mahnbescheid relating to this on Toytown was very helpful.

So two months later to the day I got my money back. I learned my lesson, I only pay COD or where I know the organisation has a good reputation!