Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Money and papers found on S1 Tuesday 20.Nov.2012

15 posts in this topic

Posted

18-Jähriger gibt Geldbeutel bei Polizei ab

Mehrere hundert Euro hat ein 18-Jähriger am Freitag in einer S-Bahn der Linie 1 nach Freising gefunden - und das Geld brav bei der Polizei abgegeben. Der Münchner fand den Leinenbeutel, in dem sich neben dem Bargeld auch mehrere Ausweispapiere befanden, gegen 12.45 Uhr und brachte die Sachen anschließend zur Polizeiinspektion in Unterhaching. Anhand des Ausweises gehört der Beutel offenbar einem 67 Jahre alten britischen Staatsbürger. Da in den Papieren allerdings weder eine Telefonnummer noch ein aktueller Aufenthaltsort verzeichnet ist, hat die Polizei noch keinen Kontakt zu dem Mann herstellen können. Der Verlust des Leinenbeutels wurde auch noch nicht bei der Polizei angezeigt. Der 18-jährige Münchner, der das Geld gefunden hat, wird daher auf seine Belohnung noch etwas warten müssen: Ihm stehen laut Polizei drei Prozent des Betrags an Finderlohn zu.ffu

On Tuesday, 20 November 2012, app. 12:45 pm, a linen bag containing several hundred Euro and ID documents was found on the S1 going towards Freising. The 18-year-old finder brought the bag to the police. However, the police has not been able to contact the owner of the money and papers, a 67-year-old British man, as there is no telephone number or indication of his current residence.

The police has also not received any report of the bag having been lost.

If you know whom this bag might belong to please contact the police station in Unterhaching.

Ottobrunner Straße 7

82008 Unterhaching

T: 089/61562-0

F: 089/61562-254

Source: Süddeutsche Zeitung, Wednesday, 21 November 2012, Page 35

Posted

Old bugger's going to be in trouble now for not registering his address.

Posted

I am assuming that he is a tourist, possibly a Visiting Dad, and hoping that this PSA will help reunite him with his belongings.

Posted

Surely a tourist would have declared it lost?

Posted

if someone wants to call the police and try and get a Surname.. then I can check my Database and see if I can find a match...

SP

Posted

Anyone hear from Donnrinna lately?

Posted

He's 67? :o

Posted

The Don lives on the U6. And he wouldn't be caught dead carrying Euros around.

Posted

Mehrere hundert Euro hat ein 18-Jähriger am Freitag in einer S-Bahn der Linie 1 nach Freising gefunden - und das Geld brav bei der Polizei abgegeben.

~ An 18 year-old man found several hundred Euros on the S1 nach Freising - and, being honest, turned the money over to the police.

Good for him. I hope he gets a big reward, if they ever do locate the British dude. I also hope I raised my kids so they would act in the same manner.

Posted

Surely a tourist would have declared it lost?

If they believe that no one would hand it in it is quite likely they have given it up for lost.

In other countries many beleive it will never be handed in. I found a wallet in Paris with no ID and a fat load of cash. My French colleagues all told me to keep it. I said should I hand it in to the police and they say that the police would keep it! I evenutally tracked down the owner via receipts and numbers.

Having said that, I reported my wallet stolen 2 years ago in Munich and never saw it, the money, cards, driving licence or car papers again.

Posted

Having said that, I reported my wallet stolen 2 years ago in Munich and never saw it, the money, cards, driving licence or car papers again.

The wife's wallet showed up after one and a half year, so there is always hope. But by then it was pretty useless because the documents and cards were already replaced and the money was gone. She still had a sentimental attachment to the wallet itself which was not cheap either, though.

Posted

Unbeknownst to me, I dropped my wallet on Kaufingerstr. and a guy called who had found it. I had to check and see if it was really missing. He agreed to meet me at OEZ to return it and wouldn't accept a reward.

My ex left his Movado watch on the sink in the loo at a tea house on the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland some yrs. ago. When he realized it was missing, we drove back and someone had turned it in. We thought for sure it would be gone with all the busloads of tourists coming and going.

The sad thing is that we are surprised when this happens.

Posted

If they believe that no one would hand it in it is quite likely they have given it up for lost.

Wouldn't a foreign tourist have to report the loss of ID papers in order to get provisional travel documents and be able to leave the country?

Posted

It didn't say if the passport was in there. That's all you need to travel.

Posted

If nobody comes forward I'd be happy to claim the wallet! Or at least the money...

Truly thought, applause to the kid.

A friend of mine had lost her wallet once. Lots of cash and credit cards ID, Drivers license... She got it back two weeks later via mail, no cash but all the other thing intact, plus a note saying "sorry, but the money I needed". Nice person really.