Where to buy furniture/bedding in Hamburg

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Im looking for a store similar to IKEA where I can buy pillows, sheets, furniture, bathroom accessories, etc. I've already been to IKEA but its a little bit far from where I live.

Thnx

Posted

To be able to tell you what might be closer than Ikea (which you say is a bit far away for you), we would need to know in what area of Hamburg you live.

Posted

I live in the northern part of Hamburg... near the airport

Posted

Right - Roller Hummelsbüttel should be in your area then. I've never been to one of their stores, but I've seen several glowing recommendations for them here on TT, and they are at the less expensive end of the scale for furnishings.

Posted

Yes Roller is Brilliant!, In my opinion much nicer than Ikea, and cheaper, not to mention a much nicer shopping experience. you can walk there from Langenhorn markt U-bahn, or catch bus there from there.

Posted

Real at Berliner Tor

Posted

Yes Roller is Brilliant!

That must have been your glowing recommendation I ran across. ;)

Posted

There is an IKEA in north Hamburg, check out HH-Schnelsen on IKEA's website. I'm pretty sure that there is a bus that goes there, but I don't know how often it runs.

Posted

Im looking for a store similar to IKEA... I've already been to IKEA but its a little bit far from where I live.

Posted

Sorry, I was trying to pointing out that there are two in Hamburg, and that they may have missed the less-known one in the north of the city.

Posted

Sorry, I was trying to pointing out that there are two in Hamburg, and that they may have missed the less-known one in the north of the city.

Oops... sorry about that! I only caught the one in the north - off to have a look at the Ikea map now. :rolleyes:

Posted

In order not to create a new thread, I'll ask here.

Can anyone please tell me, if stores like Ikea and Roller can deliver furniture to apartment?

I'll be moving to Germany (Hamburg) in February and will not have a car at first, so I'm thinking if there will be an options of delivering stuff from the store to my apartment.

Posted

I just looked on the Roller web-site and they do deliver, as do Ikea, but for an extra fee.

On a similar theme, we are currently on the hunt for a new sofa. Already looked at Ikea, Die Wäscherei, Octopus, Höffner, Bo Concept and will check out Roller as well. We are both quite tall and are finding so many sofas are too low and not got enough depth for our massive limbs. We don't want to spend mega-amounts, but can't seem to find the right sofa us...Can anyone recommend any more good sofa shops in Hamburg? Would be grateful if anyone has any ideas as we are running out of steam.

Posted

Key poco-domäne hamburg into a search engine

and you will find 3 - similar to Roller.

They hire vans out too - so much an hour,

useful to do your delivery yourself.

"A man with a van" is expensive here.

Way out of HH there is also Dodenhof in Kaltenkirchen.

Also Höfner in Barsbüttel (closer) - off the A1 Autobahn.

Posted

I'm looking for a home store that sells good quality sheets and bedding. We've been to IKEA, TK Maxx and that discount Danish furniture store in Lokstedt, but we are looking for something a bit nicer. Are there any stores that specialize in linens/home goods? I saw someone mention Roller, but that seems to be inline with IKEA quality. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted

Yes, there's loads of up-upmarket shops offering linens. A good starting point is Galeria Kaufhof or Karstadt, but you can also find speciality shops if you google Bettwaren.

Posted

Thanks so much!

Posted

Anyone still looking for Home Goods. I have a Blog where I've posted photo's of good I'm selling for real cheap. Please get back to me, the details are listed.

http://leesonlinekellersale.blogspot.de

Thanks Lee