Museum visit, looking for people to come join me!

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

My name is Rachel and I am new to Hamburg. I work in cultural management.

I love going to museums, but I like going with people to get more out of the experience. I would like to go to the Internationales Maritimes Museum this weekend (Sat 17 Nov. or Sun 18 Nov.).

I would also like to meet more people, if you speak either German or English, no problem! I am from the USA, and also speak German fluently.

I hope someone has interest! It would be fun to start a Museum/culture club that meets regularly (weekly) and does other things like dinner and drinks too.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Best,

Rach

Posted

Rachel, i saw your post too late. But I would be interested in joining your group for a museum visit. I am interested in History museums but i am also in for art museums and other stuff too.

Posted

Rachel, Sounds interesting..I like museums too and I would like to join you to go to an art museum or other such museums..Let me know

Posted

Hi Rachel!

I would also love to join you in museums every once in a while!And we could also of course do something else.Go for a drinks some evening,for example!I've been living in Hamburg now for 1 year,and since most of my friends here have moved away I would like to get to know some more people.My german is not really super good,so I mostly use english :) Just let me know if you have time/interest to do something some day!

Cheers,Nadja

Posted

hello

I am here in hamburg from almost a month. I am very busy in organizing the apartment and trying to move my family here before christmas (yes: I am old!). However, if you organize some museum visits, I would like to understand what kind of museums could be visited in this city. I like art but not modern one, I like scientific museums and historical museums. Just email me

Bye

ps: no german until now...but I want to study it

Posted

Hi Rachel,

same here...would love to join a museum spree. Lets set up something!

If not this year, then happy holidays y'all ;)

regards

Posted

Anyone interested in visiting some museums tomorrow?

I was planning to fly up to Hamburg from Munich to meet with a graphic designer about a digital humanities project. He's had a sudden family emergency and had to re-schedule. I'm still going to fly up to Hamburg though, since my ticket if effectively non-refundable. So I now have the whole day free to stroll about and get to know Hamburg a little (I've never been there before). Does anyone from TT Hamburg want to join me for a museum/galleries/architecture and good food outing? And if you ever come down to Munich I promise to give you a tour in return!

Posted

Yikes, sorry - re: the post above I meant to say I'll be in Hamburg on Friday (11th Feb.) not tomorrow.

Posted

Sorry, @rno, will be stuck at work, but enjoy the day (if not the weather).

Posted

Yikes, sorry - re: the post above I meant to say I'll be in Hamburg on Friday (11th Jan.) not tomorrow.

Fixed that for ya!

Posted

Sheez, what between my getting the day and the month wrong, no wonder no-one is interested! :-)

Posted

hi,

did you already go to the museum?

may I still join u?

rgds

Aldo, 27, in HH since 1 jahr.

Posted

I am so sorry everyone, I have been terribly busy with my work and I totally forgot about this forum (ooops) So I am very busy for 2 more weeks, but after that I would be happy to go exploring.

Best,

Rach