Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Landsberg's 4th TT Christmas Get Together

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, it's that time of year again.

I figured that making a concrete suggestion for a date is probably better that writing "ehh - when? ehhh where?"

But it could still be open to discussion.

Posted

Desperately seeking LaiLou's concrete date suggestion!

I'd be OK for Fri. 21.12 or Sat. 22.12, other dates would be difficult.

Not that keen on the Greek, but Landsberg is a little short on choice so no better suggestion my side

Posted

I also like Libre. http://www.libre-landsberg.de/

We did that one before as well.

I will be jumpy about just about any Friday or Saturday that might stop me going skiing :-) But Friday generally much better for me as I can still go Saturday morning.

Kids bust up on the 21st (not that it makes that much difference).

21st or 14th then I guess people. I am leaning 21st as feels more like Xmas then.

Posted

Oops. When I entered the thread I definitely chose a date - who knows where it disappeared to? (The dark recesses of the TT server somewhere?)

My original suggestion was the 14th or 15th, basically cos I can't do any other week easily.

Plus I cannot for the life of me find where to put a date in now. I probably made some mistake and started a thread rather that an invite - but our TT savvies like JE and Gen can solve that one.

So, we are down to "ehmmm where? Ehmmm when?"

14th - and to be honest I wouldn't mind doing Libre as a change from the Greek place, but could take the Greek if that's where the majority wish to go.

Basically we can decide on the 22nd Nov. and call up to reserve.

Posted

14th sounds good then. @Maffia is just trying to sound important by saying "other dates difficult".

Posted

My vote is the 14th and libra, The greek place was unbearably hot the last time, food was good though.

D.

Posted

@Maffia is just trying to sound important by saying "other dates difficult".

Bah! Humbug!

Posted

Thank you, the.frollein!! :D

PS It's kind of simple when you know that you just write the date in the right format into description line. Am feeling rather d'oh.

Posted (edited)

OK. Just tried to reserve a table for 12 (just picked a number out of thin air) at Libre and she needs to ask the Chefin... seems they don't want such large groups there (maybe they remember Buglady from last time?)

I should hear back from them by tomorrow.

If I don't, we'll have to branch out elsewhere.

They just called back and will let me know Monday - they have another group on hold for that evening and need to wait for their info. Maybe we'd be better looking around (but I wouldn't be sad if we didn't do the Greek)...

Posted

14th is perfect. I'm in, and have fixed the subtitle so it shows up in the calendar...

Posted

Eating? Yes. Hoorah!

Posted

We may have a better, albeit tentative location, depending on how many people sign up.

If it remains just our regulars and well-knowns (which of course include you, Madine), then it's the best place to go.

Otherwise, Libre.

To be discussed on Thursday.

Posted

God, LaiLou, you're so cryptic! First no concrete date and now musical locations (^^^)

Posted

Count me in.

btw, either 14th or 21st works for me.

Shall we start to create the name list?

Dengegg + husband + baby :)

Posted

Location fell through.

Libre is booked up.

And worst of all, Maffia can't make it on the 14th :(

So basically we are moving the Friday night meal to a Thursday night regular drinkie thing with a bit more talk about Christmas - it's either that or cancel. Which kind of makes it a regular meet up in the sign of Christmas...

Posted

Posted

Aye, it's all my fault :(

Sorry, LaiLou, that I didn't get around to dropping the bomb earlier (JE is right - my work-ethic is all wrong)

So, O Come, all ye faithful (and the rest of you) and join us on the 20th

Maybe we could get in early and do the Christkindlmarkt Landsberger XMas market - reckon I could be there by 6 p.m.

P.S. @Sin: forgotten how to spell your name, mate? I'll finish it for you: ... .. -.

Posted

I've had a chat with my lasses and they would come along to the Weihnachtsmarkt for an hour or so from 6 p.m. Of course, I will stay for the regular bundle of laughs in t'Trödler afterwards. So any takers?

maffia +3