Looking to make some friends in the Frankfurt area

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi!

I'm an American, female, 23 years old, and I just moved to the Wiesbaden/Mainz area of Germany and I'm in desperate need of some friends to explore/go out with. I obviously speak fluent English, but I also speak some very rudimentary German if that helps. I'm not a huge partier, but I like a few beers and karaoke or whatever. I'm currently waiting on my work permit to be finalized, so I have an abundance of free time day and night!

I enjoy hiking, art, travel, cooking, reading, meeting new people, and just fun stuff in general. I'm a fairly flexible person, and once you get to know me I can be a very fun and loyal friend. :) I'm also a good listener if i can understand the language! ;)

Anyway, if you'd like to do something with a fellow English-speaker then feel free to check out my Facebook page, or contact me on this site (just keep in mind that Facebook will grant you the more immediate reply).

https://www.facebook.com/samantha.hamilton89

Hope to speak soon!

Sam

Posted

Hi Sam,

Just read your post from July, so this may be hopelessly out of date. A lot of Americans and Brits call in at one of the English speaking churches in Wiesbaden or Frankfurt - they are good networking focuses - even if you are not a church goer. Try this: www.christ-the-king.net

greetings,

vocals.

Posted

Hi Sam,

Tomorrow in the Gallery TextorArt, there is an exhibition , and there you can find many people that speak different languages, including english, and take a glass of prosecco !I will be there , my name is Sally

TextorArt Gallery

Textor Strasse, 74

Sachsenhausen

Posted

Or Sam, you could join us on a Thursday evening. http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=274077.

Don't have to knit or sew, just like coffee and cake.

Andie

Posted

I'm Valerie, 23y.o. living in Wiesbaden, married, no kids. I love art, an artist myself, currently working as a freelancer by doing web design. I would love to meet some new friends here in Wiesbaden, go out, have a cup of tea or coffee and talk about everything what comes to your mind :)) Please, msg me, email me( valeriyapro@gmail.com) I WOULD LOVE to do something!!!

Posted

Guys , I am living in Frankfurt. Looking for help in shifting apartment. Got to move some pieces of furniture. Any idea how to strike cheap deals?

Posted

Hey Sam and everyone

I'm Rose. I'm 25 and from England. I work as a nanny here in Bad Homburg which is about 10 or 15 minutes from Frankfurt. I would also love to meet some new people. I have been here 6 months but sadly haven't managed to find many people to hang out with in my area. I get time off most evenings and weekends. I have some of the morning off while the children are at school but that can be a little tight with time.

I like reading, walking, art, cooking, museums, movies, shopping and so much more. I'm not really into partying but I do like a nice drink in a bar or pub.

So if you guys ever fancied doing something together even if it's just meeting for a coffee on some days that would be great. Also I'm not sure if any of you are into pottery but I'm going to this pottery place in Sunday (24th February). It's just for a bit of fun I guess. Also yesterday (Monday 18th February) I met up with some lovely people in Frankfurt and we went to see a movie. But it was a surprise movie so you didn't know what it was till the movie actually started. It's on every Monday and I think it's about 5 euros?

My email address is rwade120@gmail.com. Feel free to send me an email :) I would love to hear from some people:

Rose

Posted

Tonight is the Toytown Pub Quiz in Frankfurt, location is Dauth-Schneider. Come into town and join the fun.

Posted

Hello there!

Despite all of our individual loneliness it is nice to find others trying to find friends in Germany. I will be moving to Darmstadt this Saturday - February 23rd and I'm very excited but quite nervous of not having a tight support network. I am an American and will be relocating to be with my boyfriend (who is German) and to finish school. I am adventurous, friendly and caring and I hope to meet people I can share some great times with. My hobbies include: anything pertaining to art, drawing, craft making, museums, dancing and traveling. I am open to all types of people and those of all ages!!

If anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink (coffee, tea or alcohol) or maybe just a nice excursion somewhere in central Germany, I am totally up for it!

My e-mail is amdemont@yahoo.com

Aimeé

Posted

Hello,

I moved here a couple of months ago with my work and I have to say Frankfurt is a lovely city and very friendly, though Sundays can be a little quiet. I joined InterNations http://www.internations.org/ and have been to a couple of events, was at a wine tasting last night which was really good and some of us are planning a bowling night or something similar so let me know if you want to come - it will be a mix of nationalities but all speaking English.

One of the best events i went to was posted on Toytown, it was a mingling event on a cookie shop one Friday evening. Really friendly group of about 20 people and a bit more intimate than IN. Look under the Frankfurt events, the woman who runs it also runs speed dating too.

Other than that the Irish pubs are really friendly like O'Reill's by Hauptbahnhof and Waxy's.

If you ever need someone to go for a beer with or want showing round Sachsenhausen or want to get in touch my email is gingermenace@hotmail.co.uk and i'm always happy to hang around with people :-)

Mike

Posted

Hello everyone,

I'm an American (26) who moved here with my German husband who is going back to school to get his Masters (no kids) and also live near the Mainz/Wiesbaden area. We have a pretty close group of German friends, but I miss my English pals! If anyone wants to get together, let me know. :)

Brittany

Posted

Hello Sam,

I'm german and 23 years old. I spent 18 months in New Zealand fife years ago and would really like to meet up with english native speakers since I miss speaking english regularly a lot. Being a student of art and philosophy at Frankfurt University I really enjoy everything arty like painting and going to the museum or the theater. I also like to read, cook, dance and travel. I would love to meet up somtime.

Marta

Posted

Hi all,

I moved to Frankfurt just last week. I'm Irish, 22 years old and work as an au pair. Looking to meet some nice people and explore what this city has to offer!

Posted

Hello everyone,

I like to meet new frinds, and talk in English, I am 34 years, work in the uni. I have alot of hobbies and like to share the frinds their time.

What do you think if we meet in cafe and know each other better, I hope that you still looking frinds.

Have great evening and looking forward of you.

Sami

Posted

Well, for the girlies amongst you, I would recommend you look at this thread:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223014&view=getnewpost&hl=&fromsearch=1

- as for the boys, I don´t know, but maybe Spiderpig would like to meet some folks(?)

Posted

I figured I'd introduce myself properly to the FFM English-speakers. 29, male, moved here from Amsterdam as my partner is doing a PhD in Giessen. We finally found a place in Niederrad (not ideal, but seems like it'd do the trick for at least a year). I tried applying for a residence permit in Giessen, but I'll end up having to do it in FFM. Hopefully they don't reject it, eh PandaMunich? I'll be looking for work, and taking a German course from April on. Interests: travel, comedy (every bloody sort), music, cycling, badminton, film/TV, and career-wise: human rights, social work, international development, conflict mediation and the environment.

Anyway, I'll try to come to the Pub Quiz. Looks like fun. I'll be getting a bike soon, so if anyone fancies going for a ride in the country, let me know. I'm also interested to know what you all think of Niederrad.

Posted

Heyy,

I have also just moved to frankfurt about two weeks ago and would love to find some people to go out with and get to know frankfurt with! I'm a 22 year old female who

Is working as a live in nanny in central frankfurt. I have been living in the London for the last three years and decided to move to frankfurt with the people I was nannying for there. Hoping to find some things to do!

Cassie :)

Posted

Hi All,

Mark here, from London.

I'll be landing on 1st April, starting work at my new job on the 2nd! Like you guys, I am hoping to make friends with nice people. I like keeping fit, going to the cinema, eating and going for coffee :)

Please feel free to contact me if you're in the same boat :)

Looking forward to making friends with some great people!

Mark

Facebook: mhowlett@hotmail.com

Posted

Hey Everyone,

I just moved here a month ago with my partner while he studies. I cant speak German at all and am looking for an escape to get out of the house.