Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sky sports and film package

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I really hope this isn't the stupidest question ever....i know absolutely nothing about satellite or cable. my mum's thinking of getting sky films and Sports. I assumed she would need a satellite dish though she reckons she's heard you can get in via cable. Can't make out any options from the sky website. Only seems to refer to "Anpassung sat-anlage". For some reason mum doesn't want a dish. I think she thinks that as her house is so old, it might bring the roof down. We'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Posted

Sky Germany transmits from Satellite and via the Cable service.

The choice is primarily German.. but they do have a few channels in English or V.O.

As for not wanting a dish.. etc, well.. her choice, but absolute bonkers.. with the right setup, she could get the German Sky channels plus 120 odd free UK tv channels too!

Posted

Thanks sp. My mother is most certainly bonkers! But, she doesn't want any English channels as her husband does understand the lingo. They really do just want films and the bundesliga channels. So, does a dish just give the benefit of additional channels? Many thanks again

Posted

In this Case, a dish doesn't bring in any extra advantages. So go for the cable.

SKY movies support GERMAN and English languages. You have an option to select the language for every movie with a press of a button on the remote. I am 100% sure that every movie is in German but some International movies, you only find German translation and No English audio.

Posted

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to get only sky bundesliga and championsliga (not sure of my spelling on that one ) without the sky welt?

Posted

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to get only sky bundesliga and championsliga (not sure of my spelling on that one ) without the sky welt?

Posted

Spider Pig is the Toytown expert.

Posted

nope.

You must always get the basic package and then add premium options which are sport / bundesliga (a separate pack from sport) and movies which for you would be a standard price of 56.90 a month (and a tenner more again if you want the premium channels in HD)

Rather than pay 66 a month you can get it on special deal to entice new customers for half price for a year

Heres a link to one such source.

http://hukd.mydealz.de/deals/sky-komplett-34-90-132675

this fourm posting is also very useful on the subject of getting a deal on a new contract:

http://forum.digitalfernsehen.de/forum/sky-technik-allgemein/294605-aktuelle-sky-angebote-66.html

in life things that sound too good to be true normally are but this deal is actually exactly what it is.

Half price sky for a YEAR at the mentioned price.

Sky are happy to offer that as

a ) they have an extra customer which brings them money and looks good in the stockmarket (when multiplied by 1000s of new customers) and

b ) should you fail to cancel a month from the end the contract is extended by 12months at the regular price of 66 a month.

Many people cancel the contract (extension) the same day they sign up so they cant forget, so if you are sensible about it then you can do that too. Sky normally call you a couple of months before the end of the 12 months and make an offer then to try and re-sign you for another year at a preferential rate if not exactly the same conditions as previously.

Posted

Just spotted this Sky offer on Amazon just in case anyone else might be interested....

http://www.amazon.de/Angebote/b/ref=amb_link_172504347_2?ie=UTF8&nav_sdd=aps&node=872398&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-B1&pf_rd_r=0N9XV1TCPTGDWTNHWA69&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=346600287&pf_rd_i=301128