Where to buy Cheerios in Berlin

20 posts in this topic

Posted

My 7 month old is ready to try some finger foods. In the States, my older kids started with Cheerios but I can't find them here. Even KaDeWe didn't have them. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy them in Berlin? Or do you have suggestions for something similar?

Thanks!

Alyssa

Posted

I want to swear I have seen and maybe bought them at Edeka in Bavaria. I would assume Berlin would have them as well.

Posted

Cheerios are sold under the Nestle brand in larger German supermarkets but they have a higher sugar content than the General Mills brand sold in the US. Don't know if those are available here. Our Edeka has Honey Nut and Multigrain Nestle Cheerios. I believe health food stores also sell something similar.

Posted

This just popped in my head, I actually think now I bought them in an eight pack mini cereal package along with what Westvan mentioned.

Posted

Thanks! I definitely want to stay away from the higher sugar content. I will check my edeka again and also the Bio Company.

Posted

I know they sell something similar at Real under the Tip brand...no idea about the sugar content...

Posted

I just found them on amazon.de. €8 a box but at least I know I can get them if I can't find them locally!

Posted

They have some that are sort of like Cherrios that i give my son at my edeka here in Berlin

There Called Saltoos and the brand name is Seitebacher

Edit to add there is not much sugar in these ones they where with cereal that where ment for diabetics

Posted

I will add the bag is see through so you can see there shaped like cherrios also.

I hope you can find them.

Posted

Were you able to find something similar? I have three unopened bags of Cheerios that my parents brought for my son. They are very big and I don't mind parting with one bag.

Posted

Emster, that is so sweet of you to offer! I found something similar for now. I will be going home to visit in 4 weeks so I will bring some back with me then. Thanks though!!

Posted

Hello, I was riding my bike past this store and saw cheerios through the window, made a mental note to return, check it out. My link

good luck

Posted

I didn't make it there yet! I tried giving the little one the Cheerios substitutes and she wasn't really into it. So I was less motivated to go, especially since we have no car and it is kind of far away from our apartment. I will get there soon though. Thanks again!!

Posted

Hello, I was riding my bike past this store and saw cheerios through the window, made a mental note to return, check it out. My link

good luck

I just checked out this website, and discovered this amusing typo under the list of brands they carry:

Betty Cracker
:lol:

Posted

Amazon has Cheerios and a bunch of American junk food.

When my little one was starting on solids we bought some kind of Dinkel-Rings (shape of Cheerios) at the local Kaisers (Bio section).

She loved them. Maybe try them as a subsitute?

edit: Sorry, just skimmed dover the posts and missed the one that mentioned these. Oh well.

Posted

Lidl sells multi-grain rings which look like Cheerios but taste like cheap fakes (much like everything else in the store), but should do the job