Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Seestrasse an okay area?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

We're looking into a flat in Wedding that's close to Seestraße U-Bahn. It's a great flat and the area's seemed okay so far (we've been a couple of times), but general input would be great. How is the area around there?

With the Alhambra Kino there seems to have been at least some investment, and the locals we've met seem friendly enough. That said, we're not looking for any kind of hassle when coming back late at night - particularly if my partner (female) is out alone. The flat's great and at a great price; we'd of course go elsewhere to get absolutely no trouble at all. Just looking for a general overview of the specific area.

Also: do you know any good places to walk a dog around there? I've had a look at the formal Auslaufgebiete, but how strict is Leinezwang in Volkspark Rehberge etc.? We're not looking to go for long off-lead walks, but throwing a stick somewhere close to home would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Posted

Area is okay, much better than some. While Berlin is often less hassle than other capital cities, it's still a big city, so isn't going to be hassle free. There is a better class of people over in the West side of the city... as for dog walking, check out a map, plenty of green.

Posted

I lived in the area for a few months and never had any problems. However, due to the construction on the U6 at the moment I now tend to avoid the area if possible.

Posted

I'm a guy so I can't say how a girl would perceive the area, but I live close to U-bahn Leopoldplatz and I would say that I have never met any people hassling me. At Leopoldplatz there are some drunks that are loud though.

At Seestrasse you have Real close as well that is open until midnight if you need anything. Very practical.

For walking dogs - I run at around Plötzensee sometimes an I do see dogs that are walking with there owners without collars. But I'm not sure whether it's allowed or not.

Posted

lived there too , LOVED it... great food shops, flea market at leopold platz on Saturdays, so close to mitte... and its safe...

Posted

I used to live not too far from Seestrasse, it's pretty multi-kulti, a buzzing vibrant place, very central, good U- and S-Bahn connections and parks nearby, so all in all, yeah, it's not a bad place at all.

EDIT:

I didn't find it the best place for off the lead walks or throwing sticks (tbh, most parks aren't great for that in Berlin) - here's a few reviews of "Hundeauslaufgebiete" in Berlin:

http://www.berliner-hundeauslaufgebiete.de/index.php/hundeauslaufgebiet-volkspark-rehberge.html

Posted

Live in Wedding myself and the area is perfectly fine. Always thought of Wedding as one of the more relaxed, less important parts of the city - which is nice for living in. Just like any other Kiez, I guess. Don't let it bother you.

Posted

I've been living here for 5 years now....Guineastr. Very good BVG connections with the U6, U9, the 13 & 50 Trams, the diverse buses as well as the Ring Bahn not far off. It is easy to get to all central areas of Berlin within 15-20 min....whether Kudamm, Mitte, Prenzlberg. All stores for your daily needs within walking distance. It is not a trendy area, however, as others have stated, it is more or less stress free.