English speaking "grown up" get together new EVENT

156 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there fellow Expats or English Speaking Berliners

Following these events with a keen eye, but finding that most events are for the younger crowd which unfortunately I probably no longer fit in to, so this is just a test to see if there are any 45 ++++ English speaking Berliners out there who like me, think it could be fun to meet up for a get together somewhere and enjoy some good food/wine/drinks and talk with like minded/aged people.

This is such an amazing city but even more fun to explore with other people, so let me hear from you if you are keen.

Look forward to hear from you

Kiwidane

Posted

Well thank god for that! I was almost putting up the exact same post!

And your right it's a fabulous city, and I would love to meet some like minded people.

...so count me in.

Bellafran.

Posted

come to the singles night on friday so far age range is mid 20s to 40s

Posted

Thank you, could be fun, but I'm above that age group and would stick out like a sore thumb I think ;-(. The aim with this group is not really a single get together more a get together in general and couples could join in if they wish to...main thing is for "mature" boys and girls to meet up as there seem to be a lack of activities for this agegroup. Thanks for the reply though and do come along too if you think this could be for you anyhow. I will post a date and place a little later once I know the interest.

Cheers

Posted

The age question is interesting; from my perspective in my late thirties I meet many people (expats mainly) in the 20s age range and not so much in the 30s..

so perhaps we need a 30s evening too ;)

Posted

I should also mention I like meeting people from a wide variety of ages/backgrounds.. younger and older, but yes sometimes being the only person north of 25 in a group can

be a bit much.

Posted

Some years back there was a similar thread which lead to the starting of a 30s/40s club, but it's been inactive for a few years now. From what I remember of it, there were quite a lot of people in this age range who were interested in meeting up.

Agreed, the expat range seems to be 20s, and I've made some really good friendships with people here who are in their 20s, but it would also be good to meet up with some people of a closer age to myself, ie 45.

Posted

No age limit intended here...anyone can join in.

An open mind and interest in meeting people is the ticket, and yay, great if we could get a mixed crowed going (all ages). The date in mind is 24 November at a restaurant at Savigny platz where there is also an option to go to A-train (jazz place) for those interested.

Look forward to hear from all off you who are..

Posted

Hi Kiwidane, I should be able to make it for the 24th, any restaurant in Savignyplatz would be fine; but I won't be bothering A-Trane as Jazz isn't my thing ;)

Posted

Hi Tibia

Sounds great..and A-train is just a thought so that's fine if that doesnt become part of the event.

Any other takers...

Let me hear from you..all expats or Berliners who think this could be fun!!!

Posted

I would be interested in this group as well - but I will be out of town on the 24th. Please keep me posted about further activities. I totally agress with Tibia: somebody closer to my own age would be nice for a change :-)

Posted

Fantastic...thank you LK Berlin and Charlotte for showing interest.

So far it looks like we are a girl group but that's ok and Im sure we can have a lot of fun together and share interests and experiences in this great city. Would be good to have a mix though so come on expat/English speaking grown up "boys" join us on the 24 November!!!

Look forward to hear from you too!!!

Posted

That's actually the day we celebrate Thanksgiving, or I'd be interested in coming along.

Posted

Great Gail 123. Thank you for expressing your interest.

I will be posting a place and time next week and hopefully everybody are still keen to go.

Look forward to meet you all!!!

Posted

Count me in. I will try to come.

Posted

Hi there fellow Expats or English Speaking Berliners

Following these events with a keen eye, but finding that most events are for the younger crowd which unfortunately I probably no longer fit in to, so this is just a test to see if there are any 45 ++++ English speaking Berliners out there who like me, think it could be fun to meet up for a get together somewhere and enjoy some good food/wine/drinks and talk with like minded/aged people.

This is such an amazing city but even more fun to explore with other people, so let me hear from you if you are keen.

Look forward to hear from you

Kiwidane

Hey - we arrive in Berlin at the end of this month for a few weeks. Where are the best places to hang out (day or night)? I cannot carry out a conversation in German (other than the basic salutations etc) and I dont want to offend any locals by mispronouncing things :o) Im hoping to meet up with English speaking people there to learn the in's and out's of Germany etc..Any advice will be great! Cheers

Posted

Hi everybody .

Yes, completely agree with Tibia and Charlotte.

Noticed this threat because of its "age"-reference ...

Theres just one thing: am already above 50 :P (though under 60 :lol: )

I'd love to come - will try to make it.

How does everybody recognize everybody?!???

Posted

With our grey hair!! Yeah that should make us stand out!! Ha ha

I'll have my copy of the evening standard under my arm.

Or maybe I'll just stop and ask anyone wandering around looking bewildered if they would like to join the company that's over here having a laugh!.

Heheh!

Bellafran