Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wine importers in the Karlsruhe area

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all,

Does anyone know any good wine importers in the Karlsruhe area.. Specifically with a good selection of Australian Wine??

Cheers

Stu

Posted

I usually get my australian wine from the 'Check-in' or 'Real'. The bets importer I know if just off the Marktplatz.. There's a small store on just at the Ettlinger tor end of the platz off to the right about 50m.

Posted

Do you have a branch of Jacques Weindepot in your area?

Go to their site & under Depotfinder enter Karlsruhe. There is one.

Although primarily French & italien wines they have some good wines from US, Oz etc.

Posted

Anyone know how much wine is produced within a 100-kilometre radius around Karlsruhe?

Posted

Probably slightly above 350 million liters per year in the official wining zones, depends on the weather. Covers roughly the wine consumption of Australia, which exports twice that number.

Posted

Thanks for the info. It was a slightly rhetorical question, wondering why it was necessary to ship mediocre wine half way round the world to a region that already has plenty of its own.

It's also unclear to me whether the OP is looking for an importer in order to buy large quantities of wine or whether he's just looking for a shop in order to buy a few bottles.

Posted

wondering why it was necessary to ship mediocre wine half way round the world

Doesn't say much for your knoweldge of wine, STB.

@OP: do you need to taste before you buy? If not, there are some good online wine merchants, some of whom have a good range of Australian wine. I can dig up some links if you like (I did a seminar on Australian wine a while back, and there were several sources used).

Posted

Thanks for the info all.. the above places i have checked but don't carry what i am looking for. mostly want to get a hold of some wine from Margaret river.. found an Australian win depot just north west of Frankfurt that seem to have the beat selection. looks like a road trip.. And yeah they may produce a lot of wine in the area but it is not much for red wine.. hence the need to go else where. the French and Italian reds are good but specifically i want Australian.

Cheers

Stu

Posted

Try the Wein Searcher (it is sometimes a bit out of date; you need to cross-check the actual sites linked):

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/margaret+river/1/germany

Posted

Have you tried KAUFLAND yet?

Posted

Hi

Just last night i bought a bottle of Kilikanoon Killermans Run 2007 Cab Sav from SA at a place called Wein Blume on Reinhold Frank Strasse in Karlsruhe, 18 Eu. Just happens to be James Halidays awarded Australia's top winery in 2013. 12 wines above 94 points apparently. This 2007 i expect to be average (89 points) but looking forward to trying it. I cycle past there a bit and was looking for an Australian cab sav. There were 3 or 4 cab sav's but mostly they sell Shiraz. Wanted me to have a look but cab's my drop. I've been drinking some nice red here and of course it's a bit lighter than that which I am used to but nevertheless I've enjoyed a few. And some nice reisling too.

Wish I had discovered this forum 9 weeks ago...

cheers!

Posted

Do you mean a good selection or good wine, or both? Good Australain wine is expensive here.I was in the wine business in OZ so I think I know what I'm talking about! I get most of my wine from 'weinblume'; they have 2 shops in Karlsruhe somewhere (check the net) but I go to the one in Ettlingen. They have a couple of good cheapies and a lot of very good but expensive Aussie wines. My advice: they have a lot of really good European wines that you can pick up for between 6 and 10 euros - Do yourself a favour...try something different, something that you'd have to pay over $20 (easily) at home for. Then again, if you really are hanging out for a nice OZ drop and you have the cash, then...If you go to Ettlingen, tell Joachim "I" sent you.