My current reputation on this site

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Everyone,

I just looked at my profile and it says that my "reputation is Poor and -2" could someone PLEASE explain this to me. I have not done anything wrong and the items I currently are selling are in Excellent condition. The items I sold already were in Excellent condition... so I don't understand the rating system this site has in place!

Thanks for your replys!

CC

Posted

I skim-read your posts and couldn't find anything offensive.

Unrelated, but I had to do a double-take on reading your hobbies as I misread "vacationing" as "vaccinating".

Posted

Hey Chuckycheese - don't take it so to heart. Perhaps you wrote something way back when, and someone reading it much later misunderstood it and gave you a negative. As MuffinTop said, I couldn't find any thing terribly offensive either.

Unrelated, but I had to do a double-take on reading your hobbies as I misread "vacationing" as "vaccinating".

Heh... me too! :rolleyes:

Posted

I gave you a plus or two. No idea why you would be negative from the posts I looked at.

Posted

I just looked at my profile and it says that my "reputation is Poor and -2"

Where did you see this -2? On the profile page anything between zero and -15 shows up as "Reputation: 0" and the mention "Neutral" (as is the case with your rating right now), and for individual posts only a negative rating of -3 or worse is visible.

Posted

Because I gave him some greens. It was red and negative when I looked at it as well.

Posted

Maybe he needs some whine with his chuckycheese. Just sayin', thought we had a dedicated reputation thread somewhere. Maybe it was archived.

Posted

Kay's point is that a rep of -2 still only carries a title of "neutral" (though I did for some reason think the "neutral" zone only extended to -10). Not that I've paid attention to anything closer than two places to zero for what seems like an eternity now. Like perdido, my Toytown rep fluctuated wildly during those tumultuous years between elementary and junior high school, but eventually evened itself out sometime around 1992 and has been more or less steady ever since.

Posted

also, gail: while you clearly did it with the kindest intentions, "fixing" somebody's rep score is still considered rep abuse, so you might want to refrain from mentioning it quite so publicly next time you're so inclined to help somebody out in that way. Depending on where the admins are in their cycles, either party in a game of "rep fixing" can face repercussions for arbitrarily fiddling about with Bob's divine plan. Ultimately, nothing good can come of trying to play Bob with other people's rep scores. The complete ramifications and inner workings of the Bobiverse are unfathomable to mortal minds, but worry not, Bob works in mysterious ways.

Posted

Detective dessa dangerous on the case and... bang on target again.

OP, that post's exactly the kind of blanket (condemnation of the community) to which shit may stick any time a member does some random browsing. Most members don't read older Vents than those posted since their last sign in, but occasionally someone may link a reference to another post near yours on the page and, as red stands out when scrolling there, it probably tends to draw scrutiny and further random negs. That would be enough to cancel a whole bunch of good karma.

The unwritten, but not unspoken, rule of TT is not to complain too much (read ever) about getting negged. TTers that do, appear to attract attention (of others who are on target practice) at the least opportunity thereafter, (or at least until they stop mentioning it). Check the Member button above the title and take a look at the posting history of a few 'low post number v high negative number' member profiles for confirmation of that trend.

2B

Posted

Gee, Dessa, I actually went and read some pf Chuckycheese's posts (and definitely missed the one you just linked)- I've been only sparcely on line for the last several weeks due to (curse and now bless O2) outage.

The posts I read were greeny worthy- is there some issue with that?

I've given greens and reds for years after posts originally hit- when I first read them, that is. Is there some rule against that that no one has disseminated yet?

In fact, I automatically neg certain curses and misogynistic comments, no matter what year or thread they are on- if I read them- does that get me admin discipline as well? I even report certain ones to the mods, though with reporting I try to keep it current.

Posted

How long has it been since a certain misogynist left, whose name escapes me? I think it had an M in it. Anyhow, that's when I stopped negging anyone, because it was obvious he was doing it for the pleasure of getting peoples' backs up. Since then I dole out only greens, never reds. The carrot instead of the stick. Maybe some day it will work and the neg hoarders will leave TT from sheer boredom.

Posted

Hello Everyone,I just looked at my profile and it says that my "reputation is Poor and -2" could someone PLEASE explain this to me. I have not done anything wrong and the items I currently are selling are in Excellent condition. The items I sold already were in Excellent condition... so I don't understand the rating system this site has in place!Thanks for your replys!CC

I was always in the red on this site, and now it appears that somehow I have been accepted by the TT Neighbourhood Watch scrutinizers, and the moral red button poking majority.

Not sure if I really like the new; mild green, fairy liquid me, though... "Look CC," if being a respectable greened member of the TT community is that important to you, I can sell you a reputable amount of greenies for a very reasonable sum..

My greenies are immaculately concepted, and in very good nick...

Posted

Chucky,

I trawled your posts and there are 2 which have counted heavily against you.

This one - where I really don't understand why so much negativity was directed your way.

And The Vent, which is your 'high score' and garnered you a raft of reds... and which is ironically a rant about reputation points. Again, the amount of reds seems a bit excessive, even for TT, but it was probably a combination of phase of the moon, bad hair days, menstrual cycles and lack of a decent Friday-thread that week.

Posted

This one - where I really don't understand why so much negativity was directed your way.

Probably for suggesting that deportation is a suitable punishment for minor motoring offences. That and the appalling standard of English.

Posted

Complaints about the reputation system seem to garner lots of reds and when you don't have loads of posts the couple of neg-magnet posts you have are more weighty than they might otherwise be. Don't stress about it, your reputation on Toytown makes absolutely no difference to your real life. You won't get deported for being -500 on your rep score any more than you will for crossing the street when the light's not in your favour.