Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Who wants to play tennis in Mitte

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I've just moved to Berlin last week and am already missing my tennis. Can anybody recommend a decent club to join, where there are competitive teams to play in or fancy a hit. I'm a fairly decent standard, I used to play for Hertfordshire and have been playing regularly since my teens!

LEt me know! Thanks guys

Posted

I'm ready to play if anyone is. :)

Posted

I'm in too! I have been missing tennis since getting here a few months ago. I don't know about courts in Mitte though - they tend to be further out in spandau etc. Perhaps someone else can recommend a spot more near mitte and we can meet up? I'm an intermediate kind of standard - used to play about once a week at home.

Posted

We can play here @ Mitte: http://www.tc-berlin-mitte.de or here near Tempelhof airport: http://www.tib1848ev.de/sportzentrum/tennishalle/

I cant book the court in Mitteas they don't speak english, but I can make bookings for the tempelhof one. When are you free to play?

Posted

I'm pretty tempted to get involved too. I'm not anywhere near county standards, nowhere near in fact, but I can usually hold my own in a rally. I can play anytime outside of normal office hours, let me know if you need another player?

Posted

I don't mind playing 3 persons or doubles. If you can book the court then I'm there! I can play after work hours and weekends. :)

Posted

Ok, please direct message me here - adamshingleton (at) gmail (dot) com

and then we can see how many people we can get for a game.

I dont speak german but my housemates do so I'm sure we can get round that bit!

Also I dont own a tennis racket so if anyone has a spare one please let me know!

Posted

Hallo everyone,

I too would like to play tennis. I played with someone from Toytown recently and it was good fun. I still have some good tennis balls we can use. I can play anytime. I am intermediate standard. Would prefer singles but will take doubles.

Colin

Posted

Hi all,

Would love to hit too. Used to play 3 times a week in the US at 4.0 level. I am in neukoln so tempelhof tennis halle sounds good to me if anyone is intersted. I have lots of free time right now...

Let me know by PM

Posted

I am up for playing singles or doubles. My level is roughly 4.0.

I have been playing in Berlin for the past month, so I know a bit about how it works and where to play.

Just contact me through this post with your email address and I will get back to you - I am also here during this xmas - so the next week would be ideal.

best