Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for a photography Ausbildung

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a 26 year old Australian, now living in Hannover for the past 10 months. My wife is German so I am staying here for good. I am trying to find an Ausbildung in Photography, preferably around the Hannover area. My German is reasonably good, not perfect. I intend on taking a Language course soon to polish up my grammatik, but I can hold a conversation.

If anyone out there knows of any current positions or could point me in the right direction to some websites with more information (other than the Agentur für arbeit) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Kurt.

Posted

Here you go. You do realize that an Ausbildung means attending Berufsschule 1-2 times a week and doing a full working day the other days, right? Three years of it, all the while earning a pittance. Your German will need to be at C1 level to keep up with the schoolwork that comes with an Ausbildung.

Posted

umm thanks for the link... I suppose..

I am aware of what is involved in an Ausbildung, but thank you so much for your creative input.

Posted

Here's one for August 2013. I doubt you'll get anything starting this year since it's almost November. Don't forget that you'll be up against a lot of competition from kids who have just finished school. Beggars can't be choosers. Apply now and then use the time for language courses.

Ausbildung zum Fotografen 2013 (m/w)

Also keep an eye on this page for currently available apprenticeships. Lehrstellen & Ausbildung in Hannover

Posted

umm thanks for the link... I suppose..

You're welcome... I suppose. May I remind you that you asked for tips on websites with more information on Ausbildungsplätze? Had I known you were expecting postings with just the right Ausbildungsplatz served on a silver platter, I would have responded differently. :rolleyes:

Posted

westvan is right. To be able to attend a full apprenticehip in photography your German ought to be at very good level, especially written German (for school as mentioned). At your age you are indeed up against a lot of 20 year olds just leaving school. But saying that, it is a very thought after job and so the chances to actually get an apprenticehip right away is minimal.

Most people in creative jobs start with one or two internships to be able to show what they are capable of. So that's your best bet to get the 'Ausbildung' you are after.

Posted

Is there any photography school or courses in english in hannover..?

Posted

Is there any photography school or courses in english in hannover..?

Not really. You are in Germany.