Verbal abuse and threats against non-Germans

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Would like to know if anyone else has been verbally abused or threatened on the U-Bahn in Hamburg recently by a young woman with possible mental issues. I am looking to make a complaint to the transport police if I can get some corroborating accounts.

I have encountered this individual twice in the last two days: first on the U3 at Rödingsmarkt where she was screaming at and threatening a young couple of possibly South American origin (my guess). The second time was on the U1 between Ohlsdorf and Kellinghusenstr, where she loudly abused and threatened myself and a friend who were speaking English.

This lady is around early 30s, mixed race, short cropped hair, well built, wears a red jacket. She has an obvious antipathy to foreigners, I am concerned someone could get hurt.

Let me know if you have encountered her, and whether you think she us harmless or a potential psycho!

Posted

Would like to know if anyone else has been verbally abused or threatened on the U-Bahn in XXXXXXXX

It doesn't matter where you ride the U-Bahn, you WILL in time experience this abuse. Pick any U-Bahn. But I would make your complaint just to inform the authorities that they still do not have this under control. Sorry you had a bad experience, but don't let it ruin your day or your intermingleings with the nicer U-Bahn riders.

Posted

The mental institute where she lives probably buys her a Monthly ticket...

It cheap way of getting out and about!

SP

Edit... You should try Mixing with the plebs on the Munich Ubahn.. They usually look Well groomed, Nice suits, Briefcases , Shiney shoes etc..

Posted

SP, :lol: you make it sound like the assis of the Munich underground are just role-playing as Bajowarian Schikeria poseurs.

2B

Posted

The u-bahn is full of psychos. If it was anywhere else in the world, the fellow passengers would probably stand up and shout her out of it.

Posted

well... i don't know if it was her, but I was at Kellinghusenstrasse and got a nice comment the other day. I was at the far end of the platform, purposely avoiding people as I was warming up before a coaching. I wasn't singing loud, just humming to myself mostly, and a women walks towards me and says, "ah, it's so nice to hear people singing again..."

Posted

She sounds like just some random crazy woman on a train. Every city has them. Just ignore her....or knock her out ;-) Still though, it's not nice to be shouted at on a train (or anywhere else) for being a non German.

I've had a few experiences of abuse here for being a non German. Had some experiences in bars where people were friendly and then turned nasty when I said I worked here by saying "a lot of German people don't have jobs" and asking how long I was going to be here for and then they went all quiet. It's got to the point now that if anyone asks if I work here I say I work here but from home for my company back home in Ireland. Lived here over 3 years now and have been working/paying tax here for those 3 years!

The first company (a German company) I worked for here had a few ignorant pricks there that weren't fans of non Germans too. At first I thought they blanked me because my German was shit but there was another non German there too with perfect fluent German that they blanked too. Thankfully these type of ignorant people or in the minority but it's still not a nice feeling. I work hard, I pay my taxes. What goes around comes around though and hopefully some day I can return the abuse to them in Dublin. As shit as it was in that company, it's made me more tolerable to other races

Posted

Sane people don't have racial issues.

Good point ;)

Posted

In Hamburg every U-Bahn carriage has a 2-way intercom with which you can speak to the driver.

It's simple enough - just tell the driver what's happening.

If going in the Hauptbahnhof direction the Leitstelle of the U-bahn will arrange for

a Bundespolizist to enter the carriage at the Hbf - or earlier..

Not sure what happens if you are in the wilds on your way to Grosshansdorf or Wohldorf-Ohlstedt

- but the U-Bahn will have a procedure for this.

Posted

Actually, yes, use the intercom. I saw a woman do this the other day because some young lads had said something that upset her. The driver stopped the train at the next station, got out of the cabin, and gave these young lads a proper bollocking. The driver was a really big guy too. I think the Hochbahn and the Deutsche Bahn Sicherheit take this quite seriously.

Posted

Nothing specific to Germany mate. During the Olympics in London I was on the platform at Stratford, and when the door of the arriving metro opened two young idiots were shouting 'Whites Only' to everyone on the carriage.

In Bristol we were playing pool with someone only to have his mates and girlfriend come around and tell him not to play with us, because we were f*ing foreigners and we didn't belong there. Incidentally and not that it should make a difference, but I'm a white English speaker, I just don't have a British accent.

Racism and Xenophobia have increased in Europe, the US and elsewhere over the last few years, it's certainly not just one country.

Having said all this, sorry to hear about your experience, it sounds pretty unpleasant...I've never had such an incident here, although some people can be rude for sure.

Posted

Yup, same story, different location. This sounds like just another day in Dallas/Fort Worth to me...or any other city on Earth. I've run across these types many times before, and afterward...as usual, they wish to have picked someone else to target.

Perhaps this woman has mental issues and one should have pity on her, ignore her and move on.

To those who are simply prejudice (and know what they're doing) and really push it, I stand my ground and let them know what stupid fucks they really are...the rest I simply ignore as I walk away laughing.

Unfortunately, there are too many morons on this planet, and that sucks for the rest of us. We must not worry about them, as they seem to be worried about us...just something to think about, my peeps.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..."This is my world...the morons simply live on it."

post-133917-13588833520673.jpg