Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Berlusconi found guilty of tax evasion

51 posts in this topic

Posted

YES! No let's hope it sticks. He will of course appeal. It's all a conspiracy.

Now if only 'Spiritual Masters' could also be done for fraud...

Posted

Odds on the fucker spending a single minute in Clink are astronomical against <_<

Posted

Justice or being vindictive? I find it reeks of the usual Italian drama without the acting. Dont get me wrong I loathe the guy but agree with Sin in that he walks away free. Maybe some change is torn from his pocket but whats change? Literally.

Posted

My 80-year old father just phoned to tell me how happy he way about the conviction, although he may still get off on an appeal.

I said: "no more bunga-bunga for him!" to which my father replied: "Oh, people will still give it to him in jail."

Posted

The only thing that has stuck to Berlusconi has been that ridiculous spray-on hair.

Posted

German radio news has it that he'll only serve one year as the jails are too full already.

Posted

I believe if he is eventually found guilty even by the Italian Supreme Court he won't go to jail as he's over 75.

This is why he said he won't compete in the next general elections, because he can't go to jail and all his estate is now administered by his children and can't be touched.

Posted

He'll be down in a villa in Tunisia in no time like Craxi.

Posted

Now he says that he won't retire from politics. OMG the judges have given him new life.

Posted

They need to change the laws so crooked people going bankrupt and / or moving money because of some major chance they will have it taken away from them because of being convicted for illegal activity and generally said property is gained through this illegal active - can't move the money to safe havens. They also need to relax the double jeapody rule. Take the property back and put them in goal, I don't care if they are paying twice, we are going to be paying for the rest of our lives because of their irresposible attitude towards money and disrespect towards other people.

Posted

He likely won't go to prison, but he will not be able to enter politics anymore (thank god). Besides, his whole party is in shambles, as well as most parties in Italy itself. The political scene is slowly changing.

Posted

was found guilty of tax evasion and keeping clandestine money coffers

I didn't know tax evasion was actually a crime in Italy; non tax evaders are probably about as rare in mafialand as clean Tour de France winners.

Posted

It's only not a crime if you combine it with bribing a judge.

Posted

That apparently didn't work this time for Silvio.

Posted

I didn't know tax evasion was actually a crime in Italy; non tax evaders are probably about as rare in mafialand as clean Tour de France winners.

Fuuuunny.

Posted

Truth is often funnier than fiction.

Posted

That apparently didn't work this time for Silvio.

This round.

Two appeal rounds for him to do his thing.

Posted

Truth is often funnier than fiction.

-.-´´

Posted

I didn't know tax evasion was actually a crime in Italy; non tax evaders are probably about as rare (...)

You were quite right to bring this up, but for a different reason: in Italian law (and it's not the only one) there is a distinction between tax evasion and tax fraud. Berlusconi has actually been sentenced for tax fraud.

Posted

6 years on Rockfisher hasn't yet managed to get over this:

Posted

Also pending the "Ruby" court case. Plus investigation proceedings for bribery after ex-senator de Gregorio admitted having accepted 3 million euro from Berlusconi in 2006. In exchange, he left the Prodi government coalition and joined Berlusconi's PdL, thus helping in toppling Prodi's government: n-tv, "Es wird eng für Berlusconi". No, I don't think "clown" is the right word for someone like Berlusconi ...

Posted

I think Berlusconi could have a new career in prison theater. Caesar Must Die was a great film.