Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MaxBlue Depot Deutsche Bank

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Anyone has experience with https://www.maxblue.de/de/index.html?

Specially how Direct Trade works and cost per transaction? for example, if i want to buy shares in NYSE how muchit will cost me ( including currency exchange, normal fee, Overseas fee etc?

Thansk

Posted

Hi MWB,

I've been trading a little since June 2012 with DB's Maxblue and i have to say i am pretty satisfied with what they offer.

Back when i was looking for a broker, this one was the cheapest after compering all of the other options.

Right now i don't know whether it is still the most affordable one, but it for sure is convenient if you already have a bank account in Deutsche Bank. If you already have one, when you log in into you account on the top menu you can see "Your securities account" or "Depo konto"in german. This will actually be your trading platform, and it is the same as your normal online banking, you just have to select from the menu your Securities Account, and you are ready to start trading with direct trade.

Also worth mentioning is that the account is in ENGLISH LANGUAGE, an option that many of the other brokers don't have. The only downside is that the actual DIRECT TRADE has to be done in German language, but it is really simple and you won't need to learn new difficult financial terms to do your trading.

I would suggest that you go in maxblue.de and download the PDF file containing all the actual information about price of trades. Everything is listed inside.

I trade only on Xetra, as it is cheaper than trading with US stocks. I pay 7.9 EUR per transaction ( when buy 7.9, when sell 7.9). So in end i have to made at least 16 € so that i can start to profit. Which is not that much, it can be done. (I remember back in 2008-9 when i was looking for a broker, the transaction prices were Much higher...). There is also a small percentege of 0.25% provision.

US stocks are more expensive, you pay around 15€ per transaction. I am new in trading, and making a minimum of 30€ is kind of difficult for me, especially with my capital (less than 1000). Ah yes, which reminds me that you do NOT have a minimum amount as a prerequisite for trading(which isn't always the case with brokerages)

Here is a copy from the PDF file i have from maxblue.com about prices.

Provisionen2

■ Provisionen 0,25 % vom Kurswert

■ Mindestprovision 7,90 EUR

■ Maximalprovision 39,90 EUR

Offline-Bearbeitungsentgelt2

■ Nur bei Auftragserteilung nicht über Internet

(z. B. per Fax, Telefon, Brief) 9,90 EUR

+

+

Börsenplatzentgelt (zusätzlich nur bei börslicher Ausführung)3

■ Elektronische Handelsplattform Xetra (Inland) 1,50 EUR

■ Inländische Präsenzbörsen 3,00 EUR

■ US-Börsen (NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ) 15,00 EUR

■ Sonstige Börsen 29,00 EUR

■ Direct Trade kostenfrei

OK, so i hope this helps. If you have other questions just ask, I'll try to help :)

PS: Do you have previous trading experience? I would love to pick your brain about some stocks if you do.

Posted

I forgot to mention that there are some limitations for traders of different nationalities who are residing in Germany.

Here is a warning message that i receive before placing an order:

Conditions for the use of the functions to Purchase Securities:

Due to statutory regulations, the functions to purchase securities in the db OnlineBanking may only be used by customers:

who do not have their permanent residence in the USA, Canada, Japan, or Australia and

who are not US, Canadian, Japanese, or Australian citizens.

Posted

I used to be with Maxblue, but then I did a comparison, worked out the maths, and found that comdirect fees were about half the price.

So I transfered my trading depot, along with my entire current account and credit card etc.

I don't have the figures to hand, but they're available online if anyone wants to look.

comdirect doesn't have an English though.

Posted

M R,

Thanks for the information. I will send you detailed email at night.

@Editor Bob,

Here is the comparison of MaxBlue with Comdirect and other Depot.

https://www.maxblue.de/de/produkte-depot-uebersicht.html

I couldn't find that Comdirect is cheaper than MaxBlue. Could you please share you info in detail?

Here is the link from Comdirect:

http://www.comdirect.de/cms/comdirect-depot.html

( the 4.95 offer is only for first six months, isn't it? )

Thanks

Posted

I think Onvistabank offers pretty cheap rates but I don't have any experience with them.

Posted

M R,

Thanks for the information. I will send you detailed email at night.

@Editor Bob,

Here is the comparison of MaxBlue with Comdirect and other Depot.

https://www.maxblue.de/de/produkte-depot-uebersicht.html

I couldn't find that Comdirect is cheaper than MaxBlue. Could you please share you info in detail?

Here is the link from Comdirect:

http://www.comdirect.de/cms/comdirect-depot.html

( the 4.95 offer is only for first six months, isn't it? )

Thanks

I think, it's a good offer. Yeah, I think the offer from comdirect is only for the first six months.

Posted

Hello,

I recently moved back to Australia after living in Germany for 3 years. During this time may income was paid into a Deutsche Bank account. I would like to invest my Euro's from this account into German shares, rather than exchanging across to Australia to AUD with the current exchange rates.

I've started to look at ways of online trading with the Deutsche Bank, and Maxblue but there seems to be an issue with being an Australian resident and a Australian citizen:

-----------------------------------------

Disclaimer from DB:

Due to statutory regulations, the functions to purchase securities in the db OnlineBanking may only be used by customers:

who do not have their permanent residence in the USA, Canada, Japan, or Australia and

Can anyone please suggest if it is possible or safe Online trading sites in Germany (prefer with English) to invest in shares with Euro's living outside of Germany.

Thanks,

MT

Posted

Hello,

I recently moved back to Australia after living in Germany for 3 years. During this time may income was paid into a Deutsche Bank account. I would like to invest my Euro's from this account into German shares, rather than exchanging across to Australia to AUD with the current exchange rates.

I've started to look at ways of online trading with the Deutsche Bank, und Maxblue but there seems to be an issue with being an Australian resident and a Australian citizen:

Disclaimer from DB:

Can anyone please suggest if it is possible or safe Online trading sites in Germany (prefer with English) to invest in shares with Euro's living outside of Germany.

Thanks,

MT

Did you already find a site for Online Trading? Can you share it to me too?

I searched a while and found only this. Maybe it helps you?

http://www.cfd-broker.com

Posted

Hey, M_R or anyone else with experience..

I have an appointment on Monday to open a Deutsche Bank account with MaxBlue Depot. I was just wondering what risk class I need to request.

I wish to purchase FTSE and DAX stocks with cash. I don't need any leveraged products, and I don't need any credit facilities. Nonetheless, I could imagine purchasing GBP stocks is considered more risky, due to currency fluctuations.

Any insight on the risk level your online accounts have, and what the restrictions are? The language is quite technical relating to risk classes on their site, and I'm having a tough time translating them.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Posted

Hi longitudinal

About the risk levels. Every time you want to purchase a stock, the system gives you a message stating what risk level the stock is. I think there are 6 levels in all( but i might be wrong)

Anyways, the system just tells you what the risk level of the stock is, but it doesn't restrict you to make a purchase. You just have to agree that you understand the risks with the given stock, and continue with your purchase.

However i opened my Maxblue account online, so i don't really know what the procedure is when you go to the DB office and speak with them in person. But i will assume that they will not restrict you to only a certain risk level. They will probably tell you what the risks are and so on, but they shouldn't make any restrictions.

If you have to choose a risk class, then chose the highest one, so that you will have the option to trade whatever you like. But as i said i think that they will not make any restrictions on your account.

I don't know exactly how they calculate the risk class. But for example, some stocks with low trading volume and high spreads are usually higher risk class (like 6), because the risk is higher. You might end up buying the stock, and then not be able to sell it fast enough if the price plummets. There are a lot of those stocks out there. Usually you find low volume stocks listed on the Berlin or Munich stock exchange(less popular). Stocks listed on Xetra usually have higher volumes than the other ones.

Posted

Hello,

I've started to look at ways of online trading with the Deutsche Bank, and Maxblue but there seems to be an issue with being an Australian resident and a Australian citizen:

Disclaimer from DB:

Thanks,

MT

Hi MT,

I think that all of the brokerage firms have restrictions for citizens of US, Canada, Japan, and Australia. (although I'm not 100% sure)

As long as your computer is safe, online trading & banking is safe. Just keep you computer virus-free and you would not have any problems there.

Posted

Hi,

Recently opened an maxblue account for trading stocks. I already had the DB account and it was the easiest account i could open: online ... fast and quite simple.

Now i said let's give it a try on the Frankfurt market: i placed an order for buying 200 stocks and the price i wanted to pay for them was 6.7EUR/stock. Kind of bidding and a good till cancelled order.

So: 6.7EUR*200=1340EUR. But i see that booked money for this transaction are 1354.52 : a difference of ¬ 14.2 EUR. I had the impression the fee is 7.90EUR. So where is the catch?

Is it possible that by placing the 6.7 under "limit" option for the order i actually did not specified the bid price but something else?

So need some help if you are kind and familiar with maxblue interface:

1) How/where do i specify the bid/ask price and does it work with the good till cancelled orders? Or i can place only market orders (buying at a price that is on the market)?

Also here i have seen the "stop loss" option. How does it work: is fair to assume i can use it when i am buying a share and if i place some value there(for example 5EUR) the system will remember and if this stock drops lower than 5EUR it will be sold automatically? This is what would make sense to me ... but seeing how simple is maxblue not sure i can have too many expectations from it.

2) Where/when i see exactly the commission fee? Is it expressed as additional cost? I have not seen it when placing the order.

3) I know that DB work quite slow: if i use my card to pay for something or for withdrawals it takes at least 1 or 2 days to see it online.

Same goes for the maxblue?

I placed some orders, the above example was placed on 26, Donnerstag, late at night. But have no idea yet if this order has been completed the second day , Freitag.

I see the money being booked (second day wanted to place another order and my total amount decreased with the one reserved for the 200 shares) but how long does it take to get a grip if the transaction has been done or not.

4) One dummy question: i did not opened an USD trading account as well.

If i buy something from NYSE and want to sell it back ... what value should i put in the aks price : the correspondent in EUR or USD?

Another question would be: if i buy some stocks from NYSE stock market ... can i sell them on the Xetra or Frankfurt stock market? Assuming the shares(company) are traded(is listed) on both markets?

Hope somebody has the time to reply to this.

post-197820-14039462978586_thumb.png

Posted

Hello:

I just opened Maxblue account and am wondering how to buy currency, e.g. USD, JPY...

I can only see Direct Trade, Buy Order...etc but cannot find the way how to buy currency. I do see currency accounts (USD, JPY, CAD) on my account overview though. I just transferred fund to my Maxblue account (should take 1~2 days before showing up) so wonder how I can buy other currencies then?

Thanks!