English Speakers in Erlangen/Bamberg/Nuremberg

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I have been in Germany for 6 months now and have yet to make any friends. I work as an au pair and dont get many opportunities to meet people. I have 6 months left in Germany and would love to meet some young adults (I am 23) for some English conversation. I live in Forchheim but would willing to travel to meet with people, especially groups.

Elizabeth

Posted

Try the English stammtisch that meets in Nbg . Try their facebook page.

Hopefully you can meet a few people from there and the rest is up to you.

Posted

Hey Forcheim,

My company is based there... Small village with nothing going on, apart from Annefest once a year...

People are nice though...

Posted

hey!! i am also an au-pair! i live right in the city of nümberg! I have been here for 3 months alreadyand have not made many freinds!!

Posted

Hello,

I have been in Germany for 6 months now and have yet to make any friends. I work as an au pair and dont get many opportunities to meet people. I have 6 months left in Germany and would love to meet some young adults (I am 23) for some English conversation. I live in Forchheim but would willing to travel to meet with people, especially groups.

Elizabeth

Hello! I am a nanny from Canada and have just moved to Nuremberg. Fancy a coffee in the evening or maybe sat or sun?

Posted

Hi there, I´m a 29-year-old girl living in Bamberg and looking for younf native speakers of English to meet up in and around BAmberg...So please contact me...

Christina :)

Posted

Hey Espenguin,

Even I live in Forchheim and I haven't been able to meet many English speakers here. Anyway, if you wanna hang out, drop me a message. :)

Best,

Pati

Posted

Hi! My name is Johanna and I am also living in erlangen, without any friends yet. Plz get in contact, would be great to meet new people.

Posted

Hey , my name is Carl . 25 year old Brit living & working in Nürnberg

Recently moved to Nürnberg, and wanting to well have any kind of a social life, all the friends i have made so far all travel home to north germany or Austria at weekends, making it impossible to do anything fun on weekends.

Just trying to get to know a few people , maybe go for drinks?

Posted

Hi all,

I'm from England but have been doing an internship in Erlangen for the past 5 months. I'm heading home for the next 3 weeks but will be back for another 7 months then. It would be great to meet some more English speakers :).

Posted

Hi,

I'm living in Erlangen, moved out here from the UK with work in September 2011.

Always happy to meet up for a coffee, just drop me a line.

Tim

Posted

Hey samm_venables, nannynico and CarlJKT, not sure if you all have met up with people or found friends or what but I've just moved to Nürnberg too about a month ago and have been delinquent in trying to meet people. I au-pair as well so... it's not so easy meeting new people.

If you guys are interested in meeting up and getting coffee or something let me know! We could do a group thing or something? You can reach me through email as well: andrea.k.jacobs1@gmail.com

Andrea

hey!! i am also an au-pair! i live right in the city of nümberg! I have been here for 3 months alreadyand have not made many freinds!!

Hello! I am a nanny from Canada and have just moved to Nuremberg. Fancy a coffee in the evening or maybe sat or sun?

Hey , my name is Carl . 25 year old Brit living & working in Nürnberg

Recently moved to Nürnberg, and wanting to well have any kind of a social life, all the friends i have made so far all travel home to north germany or Austria at weekends, making it impossible to do anything fun on weekends.

Just trying to get to know a few people , maybe go for drinks?

Posted

Lots of people saying, "hey, lets meet up", but no ones organising anything.

So, why doesnt someone suggest a place Erlangan / Forcheim area, for week after next, say, around the 23 January 2012.

So, anyone got any ideas of where to meet?

Neil

Posted

Lots of people saying, "hey, lets meet up", but no ones organising anything.So, why doesnt someone suggest a place Erlangan / Forcheim area, for week after next, say, around the 23 January 2012.So, anyone got any ideas of where to meet?Neil

Thats a good idea except you dont know if people will show up. Plus that place might not be convenient for every one. Ha sorry!

But, on a similar note, myself and another Toytowner are meeting up tomorrow (Friday, the 20th,) at 10:30am if anyone else would like to join. Just respond to this message so we know to wait/expect you! We are meeting in Nürnberg in the Hauptmarkt (Hauptmarkt, 90403 Nuremberg, Germany) at the Fountain ( DSC_3788.jpg).

Posted

Apart from the restaurant meetups (recommended, but "just chatting") I can recommend two local clubs for folks who want to speak English and also DO stuff...

The English Dramatic Society in Erlangen is fun, lively, and puts on a play in English twice a year. They work entirely in English.

They meet regularly (rehearsing up to 4 times a week for major parts - less for most people) during the university semester. They always need actors, technicians, setbuilders and general helpers. http://www.english-drama.de/

The local group of the international medieval recreation group SCA also do many of their activities in English. Hang out, party, learn handicrafts, travel around Europe and even fight (if you like). The website is in German, but everyone speaks English. Google Translate will get you there. :) http://turmstadt.de/wordpress/

Posted

ooooh look... its alive! :)

Well if anyones up for a meetup in Bamberg, there's a bunch of cool bars and stuff here. Weekends are usually good for me unless its late evening on a weekday.

I could also come to Nuernberg (cause funnily enough in all the time I've been here, I've never had a chance to check it out! I know. Shame on me)

But then travelling this strecke would only make sense if someone's up for checking out the city with me over the entire day.

Its going to be effin cold though... Anyone brave enough? Or is there no one else? #ididntevenliketroy

Posted

Hi :D My name is Liandri and I'm 24 years old. I moved to Bamberg in November last year to get married, my husband is abroad a lot leaving me with nothing to do and all day to do it!

So I If anyone in the area would like to hang out (any kind of hang out) you can send me an email at : handieyoubear@gmail.com

Cheers ;)

Posted

Also an English speaker (US, from Northern NJ) and a Hausfrau in Bamberg. 39, no kids, not a whole hell of a lot to do during the day. mandy939@gmail.com

I´ve got all the time in the world to meet up!