Bavarian govt. request for statistical information

7 posts in this topic

Posted

"Strukturerhebung im Dienstleistungsbereich (SiD), aktuelles Berichtsjahr 2011"

Has anyone else (freelance/self employed) ever been sent this request to provide data?

Maybe I'm just taken aback at it being obligatory and longer than my tax return.

Posted

I had to fill that out for a couple of years, but fortunately they're drawing a new sample, so my mandatory participation was recently canceled.

If you're just a solo freelancer, 90% of the information they want won't apply to you. Essentially, they just want to know your revenue and cost structure. Just get out your BWA for 12/2011 and fill in the fields online.

Good luck.

Posted

Argh, you mean it's not a one-off thing?

You'd think they could just track the revenue of freelancers through the Finanzamt. grr. Talk about "unnötige arbeitsbeschaffenden Massnahmen"

Posted

Yeah, once you have the "good fortune" to be picked for their random sample, you have to report annually until further notice. But they send you reminders by post each year. And the online form actually works and is user-friendly enough (for a government site).

Posted

Bah, I just managed to find someone reliable for my online monthly VAT and the bookkeeping to REDUCE the amount of time I'm stuck filling out forms. It's like they know...

The last time a non-finanzamt government agency asked about my income, they proceeded to charge me a percentage of it for the priviledge of filing a form. So I'm more than a bit suspicious anytime they do this.

Posted

No charge here (aside from the time it takes you); it's for statistical purposes only.

Posted

Look people think I am a nut job but when I respond to a g-man survey they never call back.

Up yours Seattle.