Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to find big cup bras in FFM

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

can anyone recommend a shop in FMM where I could find big cup bras (E+)?

I am mostly interested in the ones from GB (freya, panache, etc.), as I know their sizes and know what to look for;)

But others are also welcome, as long as I can compare their sizes to "Brits" ;)

Posted

When I lived in Frankfurt is when I started buying off the internet - unfortunately, in spite of a lot of effort, I was never able to find any stores that stocked sizes E and up. I can recommend these people highly, I order regularly from them. They do their best to give good advice over the phone, although of course it's not the same as being able to try on in a shop - and there's never any problem with returns.

EDIT: Check Karstadt though, they might have some bras in E, I recently noticed their "Dessous" section was larger than it used to be. However, I need quite a bit more "+" than E+, so didn't take a closer look.

Posted

I order from Bravissimo or Ebay (I find the selection in Berlin terrible). I'll have to check out the.Frollein's link.

Keep in mind that a DD in the UK is a E here and I still find that the cup sizes don't convert that well. If you stick with a British brand you know, ordering online is much easier (and even with the postage usually cheaper).

Posted

Not that I can speak from personal experience with being particularly well endowed, but Hunkemöller has a large selection. There are two shops in malls, one at Nord-West-Zentrum, the other at Hessencenter.

Posted

You could try Hunkemoeller, as they do have a E+ range. Apparently they have 2 stores in Frankfurt: http://www.hunkemoller.dk/storelocator/

Also I noticed that C&A has been branching out into bigger sizes but I've never bought any of theirs so don't know what the quality is like, probably nowhere near the standard of Freya stuff.

Otherwise I just order online: http://www.figleaves.com/uk/ or http://www.dessus-dessous.fr/

*edit didn't see RainyDays' post!

Posted

In my experience, Hunkemöller and C&A both haven't taken anatomy into account, they just bung bigger cups on their existing models, but don't take into consideration that for that size, different shoulder straps and 3-hook closing really is needed. Plus the fit is off. Or maybe that's just me. Quality on both fairly dubious too, unfortunately.

After a lot of experimenting, I now pretty much stick with PrimaDonna - they cost an arm and a leg, but they last at least 5 years with proper care.

Posted

Yes, agreed, that is exactly why I haven't tried C&A. But I did get 2 decent fitting bras from Hunkemoeller, a few years back; however every time I've visited the store since then, the stuff they have hasn't fitted well or it's a poor selection. But I also thought, maybe that was just me.

The Primadonna stuff looks good; great, another brand to try out :)

Posted

Hi,

Well, I need as well a lot moore that E+ but I didn't want to give my size to the public information;)

I don't even take C&A into consideration ;)

I was in karstadt, but they don't have too big choice of bigger (or in my opinion - normal) sizes, the only big cup I found = circuit around 100 ;)

I will check the Hunkemöller but I'm affraid that they have german big cups, so the biggest will still be to small ;)

The problem with ordering online is that you can't try it on... I don't know what is my size yet, is has changed so...

Hard to believe that there's no shop in FFM with "true sizes"...

Posted

Maybe you could go to Karstadt and at least get measured properly, so you know your size, and then order online?

Posted

There's a store for 'Wäsche und Mieder' in Töngesgasse, not far away from the Oxfam store. Stores like this usually carry larger sizes but they are usually also more expensive. I cannot recommend it personally but you might want to give it a try.

Did you try Kaufhof as well?

Posted

I had the exact same problem when I moved to Ffm. Never solved it. Buy all my stuff online from Bravissimo now. They carry Panache and Freya so if you know your sizes in those brands, it should be fairly easy. Haven't had a problem with them yet. Quick delivery too.

Posted

Hmm, very revealing thread about TT members

My thoughts, exactly... :P

Posted

H&M is good for bigger cup sizes too.

C&A are horrid fitting, I go to H&M they do some lovely ranges from D cup onwards.

good prices too and they wash well.

Posted

Sorry Moonboot, but H&M is not a good place to go if you need a bigger size. They have a large selection of push-ups, but most go only to C, and they have a few in D. Nothing bigger, unfortunately.

Posted

I am not from Frankfurt, but here it is usually better to go to shops that aren't part of a chain here if you need a less common size. You will almost never find them in the city centre of a big city, only in suburbs of big cities or in small city centres that are in the middle of nowhere (the nicest bra shop I have seen in Germany is in Fulda). Knowing the sort of places where I have success, I would have a look here, especially as I see they have a couple of brands that have larger cup sizes. Dessous Company Maybe ring them first to have your size to be sure because it is quite far out from the centre.

Posted

Sorry Moonboot, but H&M is not a good place to go if you need a bigger size. They have a large selection of push-ups, but most go only to C, and they have a few in D. Nothing bigger, unfortunately.

there is a massive H&M here in Munich and I do find their range big enough (at least up to D, & E they certainly used to have), and affordable.

am wearing one now in fact!

Posted

am wearing one now in fact!

Well so am I, but is that relevant?

Posted

there is a massive H&M here in Munich and I do find their range big enough (at least up to D, & E they certainly used to have), and affordable.

Ah right... only problem is, OP is looking for E and upwards.

I am not from Frankfurt, but here it is usually better to go to shops that aren't part of a chain here if you need a less common size. You will almost never find them in the city centre of a big city, only in suburbs of big cities or in small city centres that are in the middle of nowhere (the nicest bra shop I have seen in Germany is in Fulda). Knowing the sort of places where I have success, I would have a look here, especially as I see they have a couple of brands that have larger cup sizes. Dessous Company Maybe ring them first to have your size to be sure because it is quite far out from the centre.

Great advice - now that I think about it, that's probably why I could tell you about great shops in Kassel, Schwäbisch Hall und outside Würzburg, but not in Frankfurt. And not in Stuttgart yet either, by the looks of it, although I haven't looked very hard. Your link looks very promising, and they have a good selection of brands, that might be the solution for the OP and well worth the trip out to Bad Soden.