S.A.T.C in Cologne... missing girl-time?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Since Berlin has its thread for girl meet ups, I thought I'll start one for Cologne, for like-minded ladies to meet up for coffee, cocktails, shopping, high-heel marathons and the usual chit chat.

my dilemma: being a single lady I have more male friends than anything, and while guy friends are great these friendship tend to steer towards awkward at one point and sometime only a woman can truly understand the joy of beautiful shoes on sale in your size in your favorite color... (if you know what I mean).

I do have some female friends but being a working gal with a busy schedule it is tricky trying to form good friends especially with female work colleagues...

About me: fairly new in Cologne (2 months), loves SATC but it isn't the Bible for me, recovering-shoppaholic, tries jujitsu, enjoys running with the English-speaking Runners in Cologne group down the Rhein, experiments a lot with cooking and am recently avoiding relationships like the plague... for now :) I also down beers and cocktails well and there after will my personality reveal itself :) fave haunt: Sausalitos for the jumbo cocktails and pink strawberry marshmallows.

I hope to get some casual meet ups around Cologne city starting... and being a curious eater we could start by exploring the hidden eating spots / bakeries /creperies / muffineries of this fine city!

Posted

Hey nonick,

love the idea of some casual met ups and love SATC :-) (the series, the movies not so much :-)

i´ve been living in cologne for some time, and do have some girlfriends, but they are all coupled :-) so, it is quite a different dynamics. also, love cooking and do my running in the grüngurtel (aachener weiher).

let me know if you wanna meet for some coffee, cocktail or search for the perfect shoe :-)!

Posted

Hi Ladies,

This sounds like fun! I don't move to Cologne until Dec 30th but once I there I would love to get together. I am coupled, but good girl time is so important.

Please keep me updated!

Posted

Hello chicas,

sounds like a plan :)

I am up for some spontaneous window-shopping near Schildergasse today after work (can't do sports yet, still healing from leg cramps post-21kms) so if anyone is around Neumarkt just write me and we can meet at Starbucks Neumarkt. Say 7pm? I will be checking my Inbox up til that time.

Tomorrow the weather is gonna be surprisingly warm (21°C!) and I am considering a "last-chance" grill event in Aachenerweiher around 6pm. I have the grill and will try to get coal (anyone equipped with this?), so just BYO wine, drinks and food. It's gonna be great. Again, register your interest - this event is open to anyone interested...We can head to a TNDC event later... leaving this after-grill option in the air for now.

yay!

Posted

hey,

i am free after 6 today... so if you are at the Aachenerweiher, I can come over. I was planning to go to the TNDC event tonight (for the first time :-) so we can go together. let me know!

Posted

Ach no, I appear to have read this about a half an hour too late! I have literally just arrived in the city to live with my boyfriend, and even though I've only been here a week I'm totally beginning to miss my girl friends at home...would be great to meet new people, please keep posting events etc that people are going to, particularly cocktails on nights when the football is on would be great ;-)

Looking forward to meeting up :-)

Posted

Hey Girls

Just saw This and am Pretty interested

Am Married and have a 13 Months Old Baby

But seriously in Need of Girl Time.

So let me know when next you Ladies Would be Meeting.

Posted

Hi Gals,

glad to hear some "menge" of you are interested!

How about tonight for a casual cake and co. at Café Rico in Altstadt at 7pm? It sounds like a good place.

http://www.qype.com/place/14473-Cafe-Rico-Koeln

Dinner later could happen!

I really hope to see some of you there

Just PM me should any of you be interested and we can exchange contacts :)

I will be creating a group on Facebook tonight as well.

And as for jogging, I'm exploring the Stadtwald route for around 6kms tomorrow around 6.30pm so if that is something you could imagine enjoying drop me a message nugget too :)

Posted

Hi! sorry for the last minute organisation, how about an event waaaay in advance this time?

Next Tuesday, 7.30pm at Café Rico? Does this sound good or are you ladies more up for end Weekdays around 8.30pm for cocktails?

Grüße!

Posted

Hola chicas!

I am also a late-twenties-expat-female living in köln and would also be interested to join in antics :)

Due to my working hours (and commute from Bonn) I am not really available until after 8pm on weekdays, however if you plan cocktails/casual-beers or dinner one evening I would love to join! (if you will have me :) )

Let me know fb details if you create a group - much easier to track than TT.

ciao!

Posted

Hey there! I have created the group FINALLY (!) and you can find the Facebook page here. PLEASE JOIN!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/539797972703608/

my proposed first event has been shifted to 8.30pm Cafe Rico on 30.10.12 so that us hard working ones will make it.

Support my first group and drop an intro, would b great.

At the same time I will try to post events I create here too. Of course Facebook will tend to be more current.

Posted

ACHTUNG! NEW MEET

Wednesday, 07.11.2012: Afterwork pre-drinks, dinner and a little tanzen.

Meet at 6.30pm at Neumarkt (Starbucks)... Please confirm by either joining our Facebook group , or writing me on Toytown.

OR Meet at 8pm at DM Drugstore entrance at Rudolfplatz... again, please confirm.

The plan: Afterwork strolling with latte (to wake up!), dinner at either a Thai, Jap, Steak, German or fusion restaurant and then enjoying a ladies event "Ladylike" at Cent Club (Free entry, 50c - 1 Eur Drinks... need I say more?)

Don't be a stranger :ph34r: B)

Posted

hello, haven't been on this page for about 2 years and am a bit confused by the dates. is this satc idea still up to date?

it sounds like fun!! :)

would be great to hear from someone,

bye L*

Posted

maybe just click in the FB linky and join the group?

have fun.

Posted

hello! Yes it is "fairly" updated here but yes, do join the FB Group!

Our last meet was at Sushi Ou near Friesenplatz and it was nice. Too bad we were tired / had to leave early so the tequila shots were postponed...

As the moderator of the group I am so far mostly hosting events but I do hope for the freshies to occasionally post meet up ideas too. In the end, we all have one thing in common ... at least! and I am sure we can find something to do together.

Like "Swap in the City" happening in Cologne next next Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on Thursday at James Joyce!

Posted

hi again, i ve joined the fb group and have even recognised some names of people - not sure they will know or remember me? i went along to the tndc once or twice a few years ago, but lost track of events after not going regularly.

anyway, i d definitely like to come along - the whole satc idea is great :-)

i ll keep an eye open on fb and here - hope to meet you all sometime soon,

bye laura

Posted

Hi girls,

I would love to join as well. I joined the fb group and look forward to meeting you in the next days!

Cheers.

Posted

UPDATE:

Our next event is on Jan 11 , to celebrate the new year's together with a Tapas dinner at Restaurant Quattro Cavalli (Meister-Gerhard-Straße 30, 50674 Köln). Reservations can be expanded!

First dinner and then perhaps head to Ladies' Night at Flamingo Boutique Club witha neon color theme later on.

If you are interested and have a Facebook account please join our SATCC (Sex and the Cologne City) group and check under Events (2013 with a happy tummy) otherwise do PM me soonest possible and we can organise better :)

Already 11 of us are attending so join in and dazzle us :)

Posted

Perfect!! I was just looking on TT for ways to make some new friends. Looks like I just missed the last event, but hopefully I can meet some of you soon.

Erin