Anyone fancy a drink?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

My name is Sam, I'm 27 and I'm relatively new to Germany, living just outside of Leipzig. I was just wondering if anyone fancied meeting up for a chat, share experiences, something like that! I'm from London and love music and travelling. Would be cool to make some friends here!

Thanks!

Posted

Whereabouts? - Just outside of Leipzig is a rather large area.

Posted

I have just moved to Leipzig too. I live near the center. I am from Ireland and wouldn't mind meeting some people for a pint.

Posted

I lived in Leipzig for a little over a year and live about 35min away (Halle) now but come pretty often to meet with friends.

Lots of fun places to get food/drinks on Karl-Liebknecht-Straße.

If you ever want to come visit Halle for some American and Brit company you are welcome. =)

Posted

Hey, thanks for your replies! I live in Bad Lausick, it's about a 20 minute train ride from Leipzig. I spend a lot of time in Leipzig though, I love the city! I'm hoping to get a flat there soon, but for now I'm stuck in a very small, quiet town where the highlight is probably a Lidl :/

It would be great to meet up!

Posted

Yes, good idea. I am a little busy this week as I am still trying to sort out some accommodation. How about next week some time.

Ronan

Posted

I just moved to Leipzig and would love to meet up with some English speakers. I am very close to the city center. I would love to join you guys next week!

-Libby

Posted

Hey guys!

Next week sounds cool! Let's pick a day and sort something out :)

Posted

Im up for it aswell - Im 23, come from South England and live in Leipzig. So you like music? and what kind of music do you like?

Posted

Hi Emma :)

I'm from the South of England too, I was born in Kent but have been living in Grove Park, about 20 minutes from central London, for the past few years. And now Leipzig!

I really miss the London music scene, I love going to gigs. I'm mainly in to electro and techno, but also love female vocalists - i saw Lykke Li in London a few months ago and she was awesome!

Where abouts in South England are you from? And what are you doing in Leipzig?

Posted

Im also still interested in meeting up with you guys. I know I will be busy this weekend and also next for halloween but hope to catch you guys later. =)

@Emma. If you like metal you might check out Conne Island that is a little past Connewitz. It is a pretty fun place with nice people (in my experience).

Website - http://www.conne-island.de/

Posted

only just saw these posts, i know alot of good metal or punk places and electronic places, have you guys got facebook?

Posted

Hello everyone!

I know I might be too late. But if you guys are still up for a meet up/ drink- let me know. I'm new in Halle, used to live in Essen for a while though. Looking forward to meeting some english speakers around here because my German is not that cool yet.. Historically I'm from Saint-Petersburg but I speak fluent english (used to share a flat with my British friend ;) )

And I also like music! :) So anyone, just contact me if you're interested.

Posted

Hello Everyone,

I realise I'm late too but I've only just moved to Leipzig. Is anyone still interested in meeting up? If so please get in touch.

Thanks

Jamie.

Posted

Hi im sam, 29 from aus. im in leipzig with my partner who is german for the week. we are currently looking for a flat here to move from hamburg. Im keen to meet people to speak english with and share similar situations. Im free this week till wed evening to meet for a drink. cheers sam

Posted

Hi Everybody,

Can I suggest Kings Head Pub at 8pm on Friday 22nd March for a meetup?

Jamie.

Posted

Hi all! I'm super late to this discussion, but if there are any meetups on the cards let me know! I'm 29, an Australian living in Germany, getting married to my German man later in the year. I'd love to catch up with other English speakers for a drink one afternoon/evening.

Cheers,

Luci

Posted

Conversation is a bit old, but why not?! I'm living in Kiel at the moment but got a job in Leipzig last week. I'll be moving there in just about a month and am desperate to find a flat! Unfortunately I won't be able to visit there between now and then so it'll be pretty challenging to find a place. Please, if anyone knows of a flat going or can give me any tips, I would absolutely like you very much for it. :) Also, if anyone wants to head out in November, just give me a shout. I'd be happy to get acquainted with you!