Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recommendation for hairdressers in Bonn

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good English speaking hairdresser in Bonn? Would be great if the service is not too expensive (around 15-22 euros for guy haircut).

Thank you,

Posted

My husband and I went and got our haircut downtown this weekend. We went to a place called Klier. Everyone there understood and spoke a little English. However, there was a lady working there (sorry I don't know her name) who spoke great English. My husband's haircut cost 16.50.

Hope that helps

Posted

Thank you for your recommendation jlkoppenborg! We might try this weekend. My husband and I don't speak German. When we moved to France last year, we had a bit nightmare experience with the hair cut there. Want to avoid the nightmare this time if we can :P

Posted

I can sympathise - I had a couple of horror cuts when I first arrived in Bonn. I use Massa Paulo Coiffeur on Brüdergasse 11 - it's next to Pinxto's (restaurant). He's Kosovan, but speaks good English. Went there today in fact, 14 euros he charges.

Posted

I use one umm not sure of the street name its down the side of zara past thomas sabo and the gummi bear shop one of the lady hairdressers English is fairly good but I find the owner guy shoutey and rude so I may well look for your guy fwoggie im assuminmg he does ladies too?

<-@

Posted

Watch this space! My wife (Who's German) is currently running her own Salon in London. When she decides to join me here, probably in a years time, posting here will be one of the first places I can advertise her skills, I suppose.

Posted

to be honest if I knew someone good who could cut in native English Id travel from Bonn for sure.

<-@

Posted

If you know of someone who speaks English and charges 14 Euros in Cologne, I'd go there.

Posted

There's a hair salon in the Bonn pedestrian zone at the end of Friedrichstrasse called "Insidr" that is quite good: http://www.insidr.de/Insider-In/Bonn.aspx Ask for an appointment with John, he speaks English. The "Cut & Go" package costs 22 Euros.

There's another hair salon in the pedestrian zone on Acherstrasse next to Bärenland (gummi bear shop) that has quite a few English speaking hair stylists. They don't make appointments and I think it cost me 19 Euros for a wash/cut/no style (they'll hand you a blow dryer).

Posted

thats the one I was talking about ( by Bärenland ) Ive never had much success with English and the other ladys but Alex's English is fairly good and her cuts are very good.

<-@