Sewing and knitting group Frankfurt

239 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone on here interested in starting a knitting or sewing group? I have started a blog in the hopes of finding someone... Handymandy@blogspot.com

Let me know....

Posted

I would love to learn, how to sew...maybe if we form a group I can learn from u guys?Pls mail me at nadiasavich@yahoo.com

Posted

Would be interested, only in Frankfurt for a short time. Brought some cross-stitch with me. Would love to meet, chat and do a little sewing :)

Posted

Hi cheeky fox, I would love to meet up. are you still in Frankfurt? I am available most days.

Let me know.

Amanda

Posted

Still here, and will be till December. Working Mon-Fri in Sandelmuhle. Love to meet up for a chat.

Andie

Posted

What time do you finish work? We can meet after work anywhere near you.

Posted

Hi,

I would be interested, too. Just like I explained to you in a mail a while ago my schedule is pretty erratic. But I would love to give it a try. Did you set up a time and day?

Posted

Hi,

I would also be interested in learning, it looks so therapeutic!! Please send me a mail with a time and place. I can suggest the Glauburg cafe in the Northend for great coffee.

Angela

Posted

Hello,

I am also interested in learning to knit. If someone who already knows how is willing to teach, I would love to join the group. And I agree with Angela-- the Glauburg café has really good coffee.

Aimée

Posted

Sounds like we have a group of people waiting to learn to knit, I have left all my stuff in the UK but am willing to come along and chat and give advice. I work all week till around 16:00, so what time etc can people meet..

Posted

I have loads of needles and bundles of patience, lets do this. I am available anytime so you all work out when it's convenient for you and I will be there bearing needles! Cheeky fox and I met the other evening to knit/sew chat but the coffee shop was too full to be comfortable, but she can knit too so she can help everyone learn .

Posted

I would be interested to learn how to sew and knit. Please send me a message on when and where you meet so I can join the group. Also, if you can let me know exactly what to buy because I don't know have anything to work with yet.

Thanks!

Posted

I am going to buy one of the wool sets that are on sale in Aldi, I will report back on what is included and how good it is.

Posted

Many thanks to Andrelsea and Cheekyfox! I work freelance, so my days are flexible but it is difficult to plan too far in advance. What about the rest of you . . . when would be a good day and time? Looking forward to it!

Posted

Hi, would 16:30 on Thursday at the Glauburg cafe in the Northend (Hope the coffee is good). Amanda is that ok with you?

Posted

I will be there. I will bring some already started squares because its easier to dive right in rather than starting with casting on. How many beginners can make it?

Posted

If my 17mo son acts normally that day we'll come and join you. Can take some extra needles and yarn with me for those who want to learn.

Posted

I doubt I would make a good teacher but I guess I can try :D. Have been really passionate knitter for last ten years.

Posted

Great! Count me in-- I can be there Thursday, and look forward to learning.

Posted

Ah, I just understood that I totally misread your sentence Cheekyfox :D :D :D

Posted

The good old english language, my sentence could mean both. Is it

1) We need someone to teach the knitting.

or

2) We need someone to teach knitting to.

Sorry I should be more clear it what I say :rolleyes:

Posted

This past weekend I was just talking about how I would like to learn to knit!

Are there still plans of a group? Please let me know!

Kristin