Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Just a newcomer greeting in Trier

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all,

Next month I will move to Trier, so just wanted to say "Hello" to all expats in the area... and not only :) . I worked for a year in Holland and now I will try my luck in Germany. I promise to offer a round of beers to any TT in Trier when I'll find a job, to celebrate it.

Posted

Hi newcomer!

Let me know whan you end up moving to Trier - I have been living here for about 3.5 years and would love to go for a beer with anyone new! :-)

Ganna

Posted

Hey. I live about 40 minutes from Trier, and would love to meet up. An excuse to speak English again, and can never turn down a beer.

Posted

Hiya,

Sweeeet :).. Unfortunately, I had to postpone my arrival, but now I know for a fact, I will be there starting 10th January. So, we will keep in touch :)

Posted

Hey Human Error,

send me an email when u get in town. I have been here since 2007.

We can drink a beer or two.

Good luck finding a job... try Luxembourg.

later

Jon

Posted

hey guys. I'm here :) well... in konz, actually. right next to konz-mitte train station.

Posted

I go to Trier at least once a week. A few friends have this Salsa Party near the Train Station.

Posted

Hi! I will also be moving back to Germany in May and will be living in Longuich. My husband is German and after two years in the states we Had to come back. We just love Germany so much more! I'm a pediatric social worker and not yet fluent in German so for the first couple of years I plan to stay home with our baby and learn German. I'm open to any advice the experts here can throw my way! So glad to have found this forum.

Posted

Lucky you!

Longuich is a really nice village. Nice walks along the Mosel and up into the vineyards and also a couple of nice restaurants, but right next to the Autobahn and not so far from Trier and Schweich for shopping. Good choice.

Posted

Human Error and the rest:

Since it looks like many of us are already in Trier / close to Trier - should we organize a meet-up for a drink? What do you think about next weekend?

Ganna

Posted

It looks like we didn't respond to the suggestion for a meet up, but I would love to if anyone is still interested?! :)

Posted

Coffee or drinks this upcoming weekend, 1-2 June?