5-year-old April Jones missing in Wales

70 posts in this topic

Posted

Police are treating the disappearance of a five-year-old girl in Powys as a suspected abduction.

April Jones was playing with friends near her home in Machynlleth but was seen getting into a grey or light coloured van at 19:00 BST on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

I hope she is found safe and sound, I'm trying to be optimistic, but these cases rarely have a happy ending, let's hope this one has.

Posted

Closer to 'home'.

I see faces and descriptions of kids and adults on the boards at supermarkets in Hamburg. Never ceases to amaze/disappoint me.

Posted

Hopefully this will have a happy ending, but the reference to playing with friends and the involvement of a light-coloured van are reminiscent of the Sarah Payne abduction.

Posted

Not sure if this is just an example of media coverage distorting things, but why do cases of child abduction seem to happen so frequently in the UK?

Let's all use our collective Toytown willpower to get this girl back to her family unharmed.

Posted

Let's all use our collective Toytown willpower to get this girl back to her family unharmed.

Chocky, you have spouted some shite over the years, but this really takes the biscuit.

When I lose sight of my daughter for 5 seconds in a super market, I get a shite feeling... I can't begin to imagine how the kids parents feel right now!

Hope she is found safe and well...

Posted

At least in that instance it wasn't malicious shite, unlike 90% of your posts - now stop fucking following me and saying retarded bollocks for the sake of it.

90%??

have you been counting my posts? :lol:

Posted

For chrissakes, knock it off just this once. Let's back it up to "5 year old girl missing in Wales".

Posted

OK then...Why is there even a thread on this?

Sad as it is, kids go missing all the time, and this one wasn't even in Germany.

Are we going to have to start a thread and discuss every kid that goes missing in the world??

Posted

No, only the ones that the Daily Mail pick up on.

Posted

STB and Hazza, it can't harm to highlight and discuss the matter here, you can choose to ignore the thread or any of its posters.

hope the little lass is found safe and well. so horrid to hear of cases like this.

Posted

OK then...Why is there even a thread on this?

Probably because a large percentage of people on this forum are British (more than any other nationality last time I looked) therefore it is a 'public interest' story.

Posted

no need, you already added the link.

Posted

Why don't you go and discuss it by yourself.

Posted

is it a rule that all links are always discussed on TT?

as folk wish.

and feel free to leave the thread any time as you seem to disagree with its existence Hazza.

remaining would seem obstinate.

Posted

Why don't you go and discuss it by yourself.

I'm not the one who started the thread.

Posted

yet you remain on it despite finding it pointless.

Posted

Let's not discuss any of them. Let's discuss something positive rather than always dwelling on the abnormal negatives like the right-wing press love to do to keep their readers afraid. Having a child abducted is every parent's nightmare, but they're vastly more likely to be killed by a car so how about a discussion about positive road safety measures?