Football in Cologne

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

I'm new in Cologne and would be keen to get involved in a regular 5-a-side game throughout the winter. If anyone plays or knows of others (expat groups, german groups - not fussy) that play then any tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Posted

Same here, also looking for winter fussball. Anyone any have suggestions?

Posted

I'm looking for a game too. I've been here for a few months but haven't found anything.

Posted

If you find one, count me in!

Posted

We have 4, all we need is a goalkeeper and we have a team...!

Posted

Count me in - am pretty shit at football but could do with some exercise

Posted

Great, we've got a team! Now what?

Posted

A good question! Without 8-10 we can't really hire a pitch just for us. Has anyone heard of any leagues where you can enter a team?

Posted

Futsal, which is the form of indoor football I'm used to, doesn't seem to exist in Köln. I think they have Hallenfußball, with fully enclosed pitches, instead. I'll do a bit of "Googeln" this evening and report what I find.

Posted

I've played at the Kautz Halle. If memory serves they are 3G pitches, and it wasn't too bad. I'd like to join in for a game if I can make it. I might be able to rope in a player or two if necessary. Count me in.

Posted

Is there still another spot for a player? I've just moved to Cologne for a year about a week ago, and I really need to find a regular way to get some exercise. As I'm a lifelong football fan (soccer, to us Americans), I've marked finding somewhere to play some football as one of my top priorities...

Posted

So I guess we are pretty close to having enough people just to hire a pitch and play amongst ourselves. What do people think? We could aim for an evening during the week, e.g. Tuesday / Wednesday, at the Kautze Halle?

Posted

I can't do this week, but would be able to another week. Let me know how it goes and I'd love to make it at another time.

Posted

I can do any day except Tue & Thurs.

Posted

Judging by the overwhelming response it's not going to happen this week... sorry guys, post again if you want to lock it in for next Wednesday evening, and suggest a time that would suit.

Posted

Would be great to get a first game organised whilst we still have some momentum behind the idea. Saying that, i'm going to be away the next two Wednesdays... Would next Monday or Tuesday (or even over the weekend) be good for people?

Posted

I'm up for it whenever...