The iPhone 5

153 posts in this topic

Posted

Who, like me, has pre-ordered their iPhone 5 already? I ordered mine at 08:30 last Friday so I am hoping to be not affected by the delivery delays that are being talked about in the news.

I am looking forward to the larger screen & faster processor - plus have been wanting to try Siri out.

Anyone else excited about the latest smartphone from Apple?

post-6698-13480449697568.jpg

Posted

larger screen

You can just about see this one, but it's still laughably small compared to the other products on the market. Unsure as to why people spend so much money on a product with such a fundamental flaw to it.

Posted

As a long time user of Apple's desktop operating systems, i'd be more excited if they got a move on and released a Software Update to fix bugs with Mountain Lion. This need to have every piece of hardware as soon as it is released is just, idiotic, (sorry Nick) but how many times have Apple released products that needed firmware or software updates to fix them, leaving new adopters with gear that doesn't perform as advertised?

Posted

You can just about see this one, but it's still laughably small compared to the other products on the market. Unsure as to why people spend so much money on a product with such a fundamental flaw to it.

There is a huge demand for all different sizes. Some want a big screen while others want a small phone for the pocket. That is why most companies sell a variety of phones in different shapes sizes and features.

I guess we all want a tiny phone with a giant screen. We'll have to wait a while for that.

Incidentally, Apple removed the iRon from the market as too many people were reporting burnt ear.

Posted

That is why most companies sell a variety of phones in different shapes sizes and features.

Yeah, most.

Posted

The Galaxy S3 has a nice screen but for me it is too big and not comfortable to hold...or to put in my suit jacket pocket. What apple have done by stretching the phone has given us more real-estate but not compromised the ability to use the phone with one hand.

@Chocky, idiotic? Dont think I am guilty of being an idiot, just a geek who happens to be due an updgrade from Telekom ;)

Posted

I'm definitely excited. I had a 4s in America and gave it up because I was moving here to Berlin. I've been iPhone-less for over two months because I've been hoping the iPhone 5 would be released this month. Glad I waited, :lol: almost settled for another 4s when I got here because I missed it so much.

I've used other phones but I prefer the iPhone, despite what other people say about it. It is comfortable for me to use and I always feel retarded when I use my boyfriend's Galaxy phone :D

Unfortunately I wasn't able to pre-order it. My boyfriend wants to go there in person to look over the contract and he doesn't trust my German to do so...which is totally fine, I don't trust my German with this type of situation either, :P.

Which one did you pre-order, Nick?

Posted

Which one did you pre-order, Nick?

Just the standard 16gb version in Black.

Posted

Posted

I've been deliberating whether to go for the iPhone 5 or some Android handset. Seeing as Google still doesn't seem to be mentioning anything about their Google music here in Germany and as I've always had all my music on iTunes I would lean towards the iPhone. Although I do like being able to access all my Google jazz (maps, calendar, contacts) through a browser on any computer and not just have everything synced with programs that are only on the one computer at home. Decisions decisions.

Posted

Unsure as to why people spend so much money on a product with such a fundamental flaw to it.

If you saw a hot chick wearing sexy clothes, who just happened to have lost one of her legs in an accident, wouldn't you still just wanna <reference to activity involving touching body parts removed> the <rude word removed> out of her <reference to toilet parts removed>?

Posted

Seeing as Google still doesn't seem to be mentioning anything about their Google music here in Germany and as I've always had all my music on iTunes I would lean towards the iPhone.

Surely there are several music alternatives? I don't know what features you need.

Posted

You can't blame Apple for tying iTunes customers to Apple products; the fact that people fell for it is what amazes me.

Posted

You can just about see this one, but it's still laughably small compared to the other products on the market.

Bigger is definitely not necessarily better in this case. The S3 has overstepped the line of how big a phone should be. The Note is truly laughable.

Posted

Depends what you want from a phone. I hardly ever use mine as an actual telephone and everything I do use it for benefits from a large screen. I'd have bought the Note if it had been out at the time.

Posted

I want my phone to fit into my jeans front pocket and be comfortable while riding a bicycle or sitting on a motorbike. I don't have any other place to keep it during the warm months.

Posted

Friend of mine swears by the Note - but then she always has her handbag...

Posted

I think I'll be skipping the Iphone5. My 4 is just fine and my wifes 4S is ok too(She uses siri to activate the timer :rolleyes: ).

I think I'll wait for the 6 since I see no real advantage in the 5 currently.

Posted

Absolutely. Most of the benefits come from the upgraded iOS.

Posted

The best thing about iPhone is its human interface - very logical and simple menu, things are there where you expect them to be. The other thing is minimalistic design with always popular materials and colors (black, white, silver). I like all Apple products very much :)

Posted

32GB black on order with tmobile (so, getting screwed hard by them as well tariff wise). Hoping that they will deliver on Friday, but the website still says 'in progress', so who knows...

in the future, history books will discuss how we moved from religious wars to phone wars, with WW3 beginning when win8phone actually turned out to be good... but let's be honest, android sucks right? :)

I like the fact that you only get a new iphone every 2 years (S versions don't count). If I was with Android, I'd be looking to upgrade every 6 months (innovation there is fun). But, sometimes lack of choice is refreshing.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000TDGGVU/