English-speakers in Karlsruhe

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone, I'm from Karlsruhe but have spent the last 4 years in the UK and am hoping to go back again in January.

Are there any people from English speaking countries in Karlsruhe? What do you do here?

It would be cool to get to know some of you!

Posted

alright, thank you! Still wondering what people are doing here, though.

Any students or interns? x

Posted

I can tell you there's nearly a dozen Australians living here doing Air Traffic Control, plus spouses and their children.

Posted

Hey everyone:) I just moved to Karlsruhe on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to meeting more people that speak English:)

Posted

I am keen to make more English speaking friends. Even those who are German and would like to speak English. I am learning German in Karlsruhe so I try and practice my German as often as I can, but I miss my friends in South Africa. I am not sure if there are still regular "meet ups" in Karlsruhe as some of the posts are dated 2010.

Posted

I just moved to KA with my husband; our little girl was just born here. Neither of us is German. We're planning on staying for a while at least, so I am looking for friends as well as other families so my daughter can have friends as she grows.

Posted

There is a Karlsruhe "meet up" group via meetup.com. I have never been but they seem to be an active group.

Also people will place posts in Toytown for time to time about organsing an informal meet up for drinks/ dinner or whatever they like. I've been to a couple and they are quite good. I suggest if you are keen to go to one ... Put a date and time up here and hope for the best.

There are defintely are plenty of English speakers around Karlsruhe :)

Posted

Aqua puppy is right, on the meetup Karlsruhe group there is a fortnightly ladies brunch, not sure where they are currently meeting but they are very friendly and there are usually other small children there too.

Posted

I am staring a new nanny position in Karlsruhe, Friday. I'd like to meet other English speakers for possible play dates. Any takers. My new little "monster" is almost 3. It would be great if there are other Nannies as well.

Posted

Hi there,

I have a question. First of all, I do not speak any German at all. However, I am planning to study abroad in Karlsruhe for a semester. I was wondering if the community in Karlsruhe speaks English? I was told that the uni will provide a 3 weeks intensive German course prior to classes, and I personally am planning to learn a little bit of German before going. All in all, is it advisable for me to study a semester in Karlsruhe given my situation?

Thank you.

Posted

Hi Jhiyong, there is a big international school in Karlsruhe so there are alot of English speaking people here. You can find events here: http://www.meetup.com/Karlsruhe-Meetup-Group/