Roleplaying in Hamburg

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I miss my weekly D&D games.

Is there a roleplay group active somewhere? If not, is there interest in one?

I have experience as DM and player in several iterations of D&D (including a scandinavian offshoot of which I couldn't read the rulebook), Savage Worlds, Shadowrun, Dread! and possibly some other ones.

Posted

Did you ever find a group to join?

Posted

I only went there one time but, Zum Tanzenden Einhorn has different events and calls itself a middle ages and RPG tavern. No one seemed all that interested in talking to me there but that just might be because, my German is pretty horrible. It was definitely packed, loud, and smokey that Saturday night but, I'm not sure how it is during the week. It is near Logo and the Down Under bar. One night I walked by and there on my way home and there were plenty of men in furs standing outside drinking and smoking.

http://www.zum-tanzenden-einhorn.de/

Posted

LFM/LFG, can heal/tank

Love it. :)

Roleplaying seems to be pretty big in Hamburg, but everything I've seen is in German. I don't know of any English groups or events.

Posted

Hi

I'm also looking for a role playing group.

Maybe we could create a group or an event,

Or go to the place you were at before and advertise an English speaking role play group.

Either way I'm in

Tim

Posted

I'm going back to the U.S. for a few weeks but, I would definitely like to try and get something started when I get back at the end of March. I've mainly just played D&D 2nd and 3rd edition but I'm up to try something new too.

Posted

Hey everyone!

I just arrived in Hamburg as an exchange student and would love to join/start a group! I have been playing tabletop games on and off for almost ten years now. I started with 3.0 back when WotC still had a store in my local mall they would run games from. Before I left I was running a game for my three little brothers-it was hilarious. I have experience playing all sorts of roleplaying/pen and paper games: 3.5 and 4.0 (meh) Whitewolf, Cthulhu, PARANOIA (amazing) even Street Fighter.

Lets keep in touch and make this happen!

-Elijah

Posted

I'd be interested in this as well.

Posted

I would love to join if you dont mind that im a complete tabletop noob

Posted

Great! sounds like there is a well-sized group forming...now we just need someone willing to DM and of course to find a day and time that works for everyone. Worst case scenario I can run, but I certainly don't pride myself on my management skills.

Posted

Hey everybody I'm back from my trip and I'd like to try and get people together so we can start a group. I sent everyone who has posted in this thread a pm. I was thinking we could meet sometime next week to discuss what we would be interested in playing and where. I was thinking maybe we could meet next Wednesday the 3rd of April at 7PM (or 1900 for people who prefer their time like that).

We could meet at Klimperkiste which is near Stephansplatz or Altes Madchen which is in Sternschanze. If anyone has other suggestions on where to meet that is cool too; I was just looking for places close to public transport with food, coffee, and beer.

Posted

Oh wow,

Please forgive me for missing the replies in this thread. It did take 6 months for the first one, so I'm sure you'll understand.

Yes! Still here. Still interested.

Kind of strapped for time atm. But I'm sure I can make some time :D

Posted

Hi everyone. I am new in Hamburg too and would love to join a group. The wednesday meeting should work for me, so please keep me updated in regards to changes in time or location.

The Tänzelnde Einhorn has a LARP-Tavern event every 3rd Saturday of the Month, which should explain the men in furs.

They also have a Pen&Paper evening every Thursday at 20:00, which we could use as location for our group.

Posted

Tanzendem Einhorn is definitely the most fitting place. On LARP night you are not allowed in unless you are in costume so...

I cast my vote for Die Altes Mädchen, the only place in I've found Hamburg with a decent beer selection, worth the price if you ask me. If you're stingy you can get their sampler: 5 .1L tasters for 5€ They also have plenty of space and big tables, I have only seen it crowded once during the week, and they were having some sort of event.

Posted

Oh wow,

Please forgive me for missing the replies in this thread. It did take 6 months for the first one, so I'm sure you'll understand.

Yes! Still here. Still interested.

Kind of strapped for time atm. But I'm sure I can make some time

AHA OP is still around! You certainly waited a long time!

Posted

I put up some posters in several game shops last summer as well and I got my first reply on that last week as well.

The long waiting seems to be a thing.

I sent him this way.

I've been to none of these pubs btw, so I have little input on that.

Posted

It seems like there is some interest so lets try and meet at Altes Madchen this coming Wednesday the 3rd. Just add your name to the list.

Altes Mädchen

Lagerstraße 28b

20357 Hamburg

1. Colin

2. Claire

Posted

Altes Mädchen

Lagerstraße 28b

20357 Hamburg

1. Colin

2. Claire

3. Kalle

at 19:00 / 7pm, right?

Posted

Altes Mädchen

Lagerstraße 28b

20357 Hamburg

1. Colin

2. Claire

3. Kalle

4. Wally (possible +1)

Posted

1. Colin

2. Claire

3. Kalle

4. Wally (possible +1)

5. Elijah!!!

Also Die Altes Mädchen is a little bit hidden (fuckin google maps) You can send me a pm if you like and ill give you my number so you can find the damn place.

Posted

https://www.facebook.com/elijahvbarone

Hey thats me so you all at least have an idea of who to look for. I might have a +1

See you all tomorrow!

Posted

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. I went ahead and made a reservation for 19:00. It should be under my last name which is Smith. If you see a guy with a pony tail and a woman with short hair you probably found the right place.

Posted

We have a group now, but unfortunately one of our number is leaving the country.

So we have an opening if anyone here is interested.

The rules are Pathfinder for the current game.

Posted

Hey guys, i-m quite new to Hamburg myself (3 weeks in) and would love to join for some RPing.

Have played adv D&D up to 3.0 and some Cthulu and Cyberpunk in the past, don't really mind about rulesets or anything, i can pick it up fairly easily i suppose :)

So, if you want one extra i would be glad to join! I won't be able to before the 13th of July cause i'm a bit short on time but after that i should be fine any day/time!

Let me know :)

Tom