Pediatricians in Munich (various districts)

107 posts in this topic

Posted

Could someone please recommend an English-speaking pediatrician here in Munich?

Thanks.

Shane Cook.

Posted

We live in Lehel and recently went to see Dr Kirk Lampe for our daughter's 2 year check-up. His practice is in Brienner Str. 54A (at Stiglmeier Platz) Tel. 54212651. He worked for a time in a hospital in Australia and speaks English - he also takes patients with public insurance. My impression was that he was excellent with my children, took great care over the check up and was very friendly. It is a bit of a trek up Brienner Str., though.

Do you / does anyone have any experience with the practice of Dr Max Schweighart at Maximilianstr. 56? He's closer so I'm wondering.

Hope this helps,

Tessa

Posted

We're also in Lehel, but we trek across town to Implerstrasse (U3/U6). English speaking doctors in the praxis and (seemingly) many English-speaking patients. I don't know their stance on insurance, but perhaps worth a check? Dr. Bose-O'Reiley @ Implerstr 23. Tel 0897201560

Good luck!

Posted

Dr. Bose-O'Reiley @ Implerstr 23. Tel 089 7201560

That's exactly where I go with my kids. :D

Posted

Natalia, we really like our pediatrician. She's right at Karl-Preis Platz (U2, buses.)

Dr. Önaldi

Rosenheimer Str. 174

She speaks excellent English, takes all insurances, and is really good with kids.

Posted

I've seen an English colleague visiting Dr. Groethuysen in Untergiesing. I don't know if she accepts public patients but the name is Dutch which strongly suggests an English speaker.

Posted

Hi, my daughter's paediatrician is Dr. Groethuysen (who is German, by the way). She was recommended to me by a distant relative of my husband's and she speaks good English. She takes both public and private insurance. However, when I went there the first time, she wanted to make sure that we lived nearby. She said it's better in case the child has fever (and, I suppose, you don't have a car) or is seriously ill.

Posted

Natalia, we use Dr. Groethuysen and really like her. She's right on Sommerstrasse near the corner of Humboldt. She takes public insurance. Not sure if she speaks English, but she probably does.

Posted

We live in Lehel too and have always been to Dr. Schweighart in the Maximilianstrasse (he's right at the Max II monument). He's fine. We've had no problems at all. He's kind, competent and patient but I have to admit that, as we've always been happy with him, (3 kids over nine years,) we don't have anyone to compare him to. It has been very handy on occasions to have someone close by. No idea if he speaks English though.

One of his "Vorzimmerdamen" (the older one) is a bit of a dragon. Don't let that put you off though. She's very competent and nice enough once you've got used to her!

Posted

We went ahead and saw Dr. Lampe. I didn't like him at all, he was pretty rude. There was a point when one of my boys was screaming and I was trying to calm him down so that I could hear what the doctor was trying to say and he said "Are you going to listen to me or should I see another patient?" Also the way he talked to me was just rude and unwelcoming. Maybe that's the way doctors are here? Also, his English is ok, and there is only one receptionist who speaks a little English so it was hard to communicate. I'll try the other recs in this thread. He seems like an OK doctor, just not the one for me.

Posted

Hello all,

Does any one of you have experience with this praxis? Good or Bad?

http://www.kinderaerzteimnetz.de/aerzte/arzt_168_1.html

Dr. med. Christoph Sengespeik

Ismaninger Strasse 60

81675 - München-Bogenhausen

Telefon: 0 89/47 30 69

Was recommended by a friend, but not too sure...

thanks.

Psioni.

Posted

Hi,

I know there are some recommendations elsewhere on TT for pediatricians around Munich but none I saw in the "south" part of Munich

- Obersendling (Sendling), Solln, Thaalkirchen...

Can someone recommend a pediatrician for this area? Would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted

I know there are some recommendations elsewhere on TT for pediatricians around Munich but none I saw in the "south" part of Munich

- Obersendling (Sendling), Solln, Thaalkirchen...

Can someone recommend a pediatrician for this area?

Dr. Bose-O'Reiley @ Implerstr 23. Tel 0897201560

Is this close enough (Sendling)? Don't know any others, sorry.

Posted

Here are two that I know of. Dr Berz I have met and my friend with young (under 5's) children seems quite happy with him.

Dr. Berz, Diefenbacherstr. 45 (Solln) Tel 089-797878

Dr. Med. Birgit Goldschmitt-Wuttge, and her male colleague, Dr. Brijnin, Frans-Hals-Str. 31 in Solln. Speaks English. 089 / 79 10 07 97 www.kinderpraxis-goldschmitt-wuttge.de

Posted

We are very happy with Dr. Soppa in Solln. Garathausener Str. 15. 74846980.

Posted

For anyone with private insurance, our pediatrician will come to your house. She is both American and German board certified. Her name is Dr Despina Rüssmann. She is really sweet and very professional.

Posted

Can anyone recommend a pediatrician in Schwabing/Maxvorstadt? It's not important that s/he speak English. Thanks for any tips.

Posted

I am very happy with the practice at Habsburgerplatz (on the corner of Habsburgerpl. and Ainmillerstr.) They are a family practice, but they have been absolutely wonderful with my 2yo daughter. They always see her right away, and they speak excellent English. My daughter does better with Dr. Bruckmayer than she ever did with her regular pedi back in Texas. They tend to her very well, and we are usually in and out in less than 30 minutes. I was in the process of finding a pedi myself, but DD got very ill very suddenly and I had no choice but to go to the nearest medical practice, and I was so happy with them I stayed :)

Good Luck.

Posted

Very impressed by my son's Kinderartz and the practice as a whole: Dr. Peter Schwick, Hirschauer Str. 8, 80538 (he speaks great English and his practice is next to the Geisenhofer Woman's Clinic next to the English Garden). Telephone No. 340 89 785

Posted

Can anyone tell me who are the GOOD kinderartze for englishspeakers in the bogenhausen area?

I mean GOOD in quality and care.

I could not find a list as such anywhere...

Personal experiences are what I am looking for majorly.

thank you.