Looking for English speakers in Wuerzburg

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Calling all English speakers in Würzburg.

I recently moved to the city and would love to meet up with some English speakers/ Expats. I used to live in Regensburg where there is a great bunch who meet regularly. I was kind of hoping for the same here or at least some people to meet for coffee and chats. Don't know a lot of people here yet so it would be great to get to know some new faces.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Posted

Hello Zingfairy,

maybe you can help me. I am looking for English-speaking playgroups in Wuerzburg or family with toddler who grow up bil-lingual or maybe a "grand-mother" who wants to speak English with our daughter and us.

My daughter is 13 months old. My husband and I are German, but we spent about 6 months in the U.S. With a native speaking student from Britain our daughter has currently the chance to grow up with German and English.

Maybe we find a family or "grand-mother" in Wuerzburg who is interested to meet us. Looking forward to replys.

Nina

ninja_4ever(@)yahoo.de

Posted

Hello!

I have posted on a couple of forums on Wuerzburg. I am 22 and have just moved here about 2 weeks ago. I am originally from England but have lived in New Zealand for 11 years. Would be great to meet up, I live very central near the Church and market.

Would be great to meet up :)

Posted

I also live under the city of Würzburg,that is 15 minutes away when you use the train,come from zimbabwe and have been here for over a year since i´m married here,so if anyone wants to meet up don´t hesitate to include me too. :D

Posted

Hi there,

after having heard now and again that people found our "English Table" via Toytown, I thought I should see for myself and advertise for our English Table.

A German, who wants to keep her little used English alive, established n "English Table" which now has been existing for more than 4 years.

The English Table takes place every Friday, starting around 8pm in the Sportgaststätte Feggrube (near the S.Oliver Arena. Most of us are Germans with the odd native speaker attending. If anyone who likes to speak English and to get to know people from Würzburg, is warmly welcome. Starting out as a language practise, most of us grew friends now.

Just join on a Friday night!

You can also become a member of our Google Group English Table Wuerzburg and you then will be informed about the next meeting.

Looking forward to welcoming new members,

Anykey

Posted

Hello!

So there is a group of German speakers that get together to speak english? Is that right?

How would I find the google group, through google mail?

Would be interested in meeting up at the next meeting :)

Posted

AFAIK the university table is still up and running in the Irish Pixie, Mondays after eight.

A young crowd, but certainly an entertaining way of meeting new people.

Posted

Dear all,

I am still looking for English speaking mothers with kids in the age of 1-3.

My daugher is now 16 months old. We live in Würzburg (Sanderau).

Regards,

Nina

Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm another new arrival. I'm living in the Würzburg city center, 35, and love food, wine, theater, opera, and board games. Get in touch if you want to meet up.