American football 2012

125 posts in this topic

Posted

August isn't even here yet and it has already gotten crazy. The PSU scene is just too sad to watch all around man. Well anyway I am excited to see another year start and to be honest with all this cool weather in July here it already feels like Fall and football weather.

Also every year I start a new thread to keep things current hence my changing the "2012" back to 2011, knowing this thread would be started. Anyway what is everyone's predictions this year?

Oh yeah C.F.L. isn't a real league.

Posted

Yeah but with those quick outs that Bill uses I will not be surprised to see Hernandez line up in H-back. Which in all honesty not a bad idea.

Oh yeah Dez...you're a fucking idiot.

Posted

Early reports have Blount losing reps to Rookie Martin. Martin of the same Boise State team that Blount(Oregon) played against in 2010, and then preceded to punch out a linebacker from Boise St. after the game. Which resulted in his suspension from the team, and quickened the end of his NCAA career. Karma?

A real shame too. I watched him play a few games in college, and man he was a young version of Marion Butts. To bad he doesn't have the work ethic Butts had.

Posted

Did anyone hear any chatter about why the Tennessee Titans player killed himself?

Posted

Just saw it: http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_21192359/police-tennessee-titans-player-dies-apparent-suicide

AP:

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tennessee Titans reserve receiver O.J. Murdock has died of an apparent suicide, Tampa police say.

Police spokeswoman Andrea Davis said officers found the 25-year-old Murdock inside his car Monday morning with what appeared to be self-inflicted gunshot wounds. The car was parked in front of Middleton High School, where Murdock attended school.

He was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where he later died.

Posted

Being a Redskins fan has nearly turned me off all sports alltogether forever.. What's the scoop on them this year(I dread to ask..)?

Posted

Yeah I was reading the article on NFL.com. Already the arguments if it was concusion related have begun.

Posted

Man I have a horrible feeling in my gut. That if Chad is still available come the first week of the season, he will become a Cowboy.

Posted

So much for his 43 day marriage.

Posted

HOF? I dont think so nor hope so. What about Terrell Owens? HOF? Man I am up and down with him on that but I think he makes it but I dont like it.

Posted

Witten is done for the season. Damn. Good guys 0 Bad Guys 1.

Posted

If Jordan Shipley gets cut, word is that he'll end up somewhere in TX.

Posted

Anyone know where to watch NCAA games in Munich?

Posted

NFL should go the path of European football. If your city or pub wants to start a team then start a team and make your way to the top level. That way if LA really wants a team they can buy and move their way up. Also it will allow storried franchise ie KC Clevland to keep their franchises, granted dropping a level if poor play, without limiting the chance for new teams to move up. It will stop these teams from moving from city to city.

Oh by the way NFL will not survive in London no matter how hard Goodell tries to make a "connection" with the Jaguars by playing there three years in a row.

Posted

Oh by the way NFL will not survive in London no matter how hard Goodell tries to make a "connection" with the Jaguars by playing there three years in a row.

Like ·

The NFL will survive in London but it wouldn't survive as an actual Franchise.Once or twice a year games will continue to be sold out but 8 homes games a year would not work.

Posted

Thats what I mean. Goodell says it is a goodwill etc type of thing but I seriously feel he is trying to grow an affinity between the Jags and London. One game a year will be successful . A perm team no way but the NFL doesnt except this. He has already announced he intends to get American football in the Olympics. Dont get me wrong I love the NFL but feel the money spent for all this could be used towards something else.