Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm new in Germany (near Kiel) looking for friends

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone!

I'm Diana! I'm new in Germany, I'm a 24 years old mexican girl. I'm an Aupair in a town near to Kiel.

I'm looking for friends to hang out and know Kiel or Hamburg on my free days and also I'm looking for people who would like to do a language exchange because my German course will start until September and I need to improve my German. I speak Spanish, English and French (not perfect).

Anyone interested?

Posted

Hi Diana,

how far away from Kiel are you? I live in Kiel. I am an American girl, and speak both English & German. I used to be an AuPair in Germany; quite some time ago (in Rhineland Pfalz)and also in the U.S.. A friend of mine has a group that meets up twice a month, to speak English (in Kiel) -- and I have some friends from different countries, who both speak English, but are currently taking a German course at the University here in Kiel. We often meet for coffee, here in Kiel - (downtown) you're welcome to join sometime (either for coffee, or for the meet-up).

:-)

Posted

Yes. I recommend this meet-up. There's another thread here devoted to this topic (search 'Kiel' in the upper right hand corner.) and I hope that you can make it to some of our events.

Posted

Diana

I am Marilyn and am moving to Kiel in a week (Strande) I also speak Spanish (Venezuela) but am moving from the US. Would love to meet people to get acquainted with the area and "Sprachen" English since I don't think i'll get far with my German too quickly ; ).

Posted

Hi guys

My name is Pontso I´m 21 yers old and from South Africa. I´m an Au-pair livivng in Itzehoe, not far from Kiel. Been in Germany for 3 months and have not found any friends, which sucks!

Maybe someone would wanna hang out? I speak english and a bit of German. Been going to language courss for 2 months now.

Look forward to hearing for you guys :)

Posted

Hi,

Im ben and im pretty new to this area. I currently live in neumuenster

And id like to meet some american fellows to have a good time with. If you like you can hit me up on fb. ( Benjamin emmett edwards)

Ben

Posted

Hi Ben,

Theres a few yankees in Kiel, keep an eye out for the regular get togethers in Kiel.. i tend not to go to many, as they can be dull, but i do post when im dragging people out for nights of frivolities..

N

Posted

Hey Ben,

Here is the thread that Neil was talking about http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54758&st=475, that meet-ups are organised there once every 2 weeks, although there is a break for the summer at the moment as heaps of people are away. If you want to have a get together with some other english speakers, by all means feel free to organise something on there ie. BBQ, drinks etc etc. I'll be back in the middle of next week incase you organise something around then.

Cheers!

Posted

Hello,

I´ll be moving to Kiel with my husband in October. I´m Spanish and grew up in USA. Would love to meet new people and also do a TANDEM if possible!!

Let me know if you´re up to it ;-)

Posted

Hi :rolleyes:

I just moved to Kiel due to my husbands job. I´m new in the city and would like to meet some people. I see here that there are a few of you ;)

Let me know if you are up for a coffee, or if there´s any activities coming up.

Have a nice weekend!!!

Posted

I live in Kiel Hassee! I am learning German! I am 21 and I am dying to meet some new people and have some friends. You can add me on facebook Roseanne Alcaide (http://facebook.com/rhan.alcaide)

Posted

hi guys,im an Iranian boy with 30 years old im new comers and i living in oldenburg(Hols) im looking for some friends to learning deutch laguage and enjoy the time by playing guitar singing or somthing like that .. anyone interest?

(http://facebook.com/ehsan.fooladi)

Posted

Hey Ehsan I think you'll have a bit more luck in the thread for Lower Saxony (if there is one) if you live in Oldenburg as it's over 200km from Kiel.

Posted

There is more than one Oldenburg:

From Wikipedia:

• Landkreis Oldenburg, Landkreis in Niedersachsen
  • Kreis Oldenburg in Holstein, ehemaliger Kreis in Schleswig-Holstein
  • Amt Oldenburg-Land, Amt im Kreis Ostholstein in Schleswig-Holstein
  • Amt Oldenburg, ehemaliges Amt im Land Oldenburg

Posted

Hi Diana

how are you?

Are you still living in Kiel?

One of my mexican frnd wud like to meet to others?

please let me.

thanks

cu

Posted

Hello! I will live in Kiel for more than a year regarding to my work contract. I am interested in improving my German and also I like to talk in English. Also it would be nice to make some friends around Kiel. Please feel free to reply :)

Posted

Salut!

Would you like to start English/German lessons with me this month? I am a beginner in French- j’etudie l'allemand pour deux ans dans l’ecole, mais je ne suis pas couramment- and I would love to help you with English. Vous peux me contacter sur ici

Posted

Hi everyone,

I've been living in Kiel since 2008 but just today joined Toytown. I meet many people who are on Language Cafe, Kiel. Anyone wants to meet this Sat evening at Phollkomplex, by Dreiecksplatz, let me know. Cheers!

Posted

I forgot to add, I am fluent in English, having grown up in Canada - and am near fluent in German, having a German mother and speaking German since I was a kid. I enjoy speaking both languages ^^