Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Life in Wolfsburg

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I'll be living in Wolfsburg come September. I'd love to meet some people, learn of any meetups or just listen to any advice that any of you might have about the city.

For what it's worth, I'm a 22 year old female from the US.

Posted

Hi!

I'm also American, and I've been in Wolfsburg since last September. I'm rarely on here, but you can check out my blog, tatianainflux.com, for my take on life in Wolfsburg. It's also got my contact information, so if you have ANY questions, feel free to send them my way. Good luck!

Posted

I'm in Wolfsburg too.

Posted

Hey there, I live in a city very close to Wolfsburg, Braunschweig, but lived in Wolfsburg for 2 years and am there during the work week. Feel free to ask any questions, I lived in the Studenten Wohnheim there during my studies and internships. Where exactly are you from in the states? I`m a 23 yr old American as well, from the Boston area. Are you excited to move here? How long will you be staying?

Cheers,

- Jonny

Posted

Hello there. I have a similar question as to the poster except that I'm already here, so I thought I'd just join this discussion rather than start a new one. I'd love to know if there's any sort of English community on here. Would be nice.

As for life in Wolfsburg, not sure how much help I can be but I've been here on and off now since February, so I'm happy to help out where I can. I'm from Canada, by the way, 26 and female.

Posted

Hi, Johnny.

Thanks for the reply! I'm from the Seattle area and I'll be moving to Wolfsburg for a year at the end of August. How do you like the area? Do you frequent any meet-ups or anything for international people? I'd love to keep in touch in case I have any more questions! :-)

What do you do in Wolfsburg?

Posted

There's not much English here except in hotels and the Autostadt. I'm sure that there is English spoken if here on business or schooling where English is expected...but outside of those specialty situations...."this ain't Berlin or Frankfurt"...but the younger people really do love to try out their English skills on you.

But then again who knows...your German is probably better than mine.

:) :)

Ken in Wolfsburg

Posted

ha! definitely "ain't berlin." we should all meet up at myerbeer one day. :)

Posted

Ahh...you shop at the Südkopf REAL I see(checked out your blog). My son calls that "The Hole".. :)

Posted

that's certainly an apt description. :)

Posted

I am definitely up for a Wolfsburg meetup! I'll be there starting August 31st.

Posted

hi every one I got admissions in ostfalia university wolfsburg, seeking a place to stay in or near wolfsburg. If any one now a room or any place in which I can stay comfortably during my academic periods it will be of great help to me. I will be reaching wolfsburg on 17 or 18 September and till now found no place to stay.

Posted

hi every one I got admissions in ostfalia university wolfsburg, seeking a place to stay in or near wolfsburg. If any one now a room or any place in which I can stay comfortably during my academic periods it will be of great help to me. I will be reaching wolfsburg on 17 or 18 September and till now found no place to stay.

Posted

Hi there everyone, I have just arrived in Wolfsburg and would love to meet up for coffee anytime. My husband is working at Volke so I am free all day

Posted

Hi everybody!

6 months that this topic is dead but I try it!! :)

I just arrived in Braunschweig two weeks ago! I work in Wolfsburg, let me know if one of you is still in Wolfsburg

clement

Posted

I'm still here. :)

Posted

and still in Wolfsburg...I live in Braunschweig, but if I can visiting Wolfsburg one weekend, maybee we can take a beer!

Posted

http://www.paulaner-wob.de/index.html

:):)

Posted

remind me oktoberfest ;(

I note the adress! see you there

Posted

I'm also here. I work in Fallersleben and live naer Gifhorn.

Posted

I don't know how long you guys are in Wolfsburg. Myself just few months. But what the hell to do in Wolfsburg (area) on weekends? I'm so bored. Before/after work I play ice-hockey or go swimming. I like MTB, but the nearest hill is in Harz... Is here anything worth to visit in 100km radius (especially when it is cold and rainy)?

Posted

Hello everyone in Wolfsburg. I am new here and would love some Company and someone to talk to - in English. I live in Fallersleben. Anyone interested in a meet up please let me know.

Posted

Is anyone still in Wolfsburg?

I'll be arriving at the end of July, and will be free during the days and would love to meet up with some people!

Posted

Hi, My name is Melissa and I currently reside in Wolfsburg. I would love to meet new people and am available to hang out anytime. If anyone is interested let me know.

Posted

Hey my name's Bethan and I recently moved to Wolfsburg with my partner Chris. We live in Moerse and are looking for people to make friends with and hang out in the evenings or weekends. We're both British and wondering if there were any other English speakers in WOB to meet up with? Thank you :)