Friday Night Dinner

139 posts in this topic

Posted

Friday Night Dinner @ Another Country Bookshop, Riemannstr. 7, 10961 Kreuzberg (the nearest uBahn is Gneisenaustr. on the U7) @ 21.00

We serve a buffet style dinner with meat, fish and vegetarian options and a cold plate of cheese, meats and bread is also available. It's a great opportunity to mingle with other English speakers. After the meal there's a good chance of watching a film, playing board games or simply chatting until the small hours.

Beer EUR 2

Wine EUR 1.50 per glass or EUR 5 for a bottle

Prosecco EUR 2

Bionade EUR 2

Club Mate EUR 2

Coca Cola EUR 1.50

We ask for a 5 EUR contribution to the groceries per person eating dinner.

This week Sophie is cooking boned stuffed chicken, beef mexican style, layered baked cheese and vegetable omelette, nut cutlets, mixed fish, pork and blackcurrant sorbet, saute potatoes, veg and caesar salad.

post-28850-13372097074741.jpg

Posted

On the menu this week:

Boned stuffed duck, layered baked cheese and vegetable omelette, poached pangasius and smoked salmon, turkey slices with preiselbeeren, tomatoes stuffed with aubergine, cheese etc, stir fried chicken strips with vegetables, saute potatoes salad and vegetables...

Beer EUR 2

Wine EUR 1.50 per glass or EUR 5 for a bottle

Prosecco EUR 2

Bionade EUR 2

Club Mate EUR 2

Coca Cola EUR 1.50

We ask for a 5 EUR contribution to the groceries per person eating dinner.

Posted

Sounds absolutely lovely! Shame Ive made plans already, I would love to come along to the next one if this is a regular event..

All the best

Posted

Hi Butterpie,

This takes place every Friday at Another Country (one or two exceptions in the year) at 21.00.

Posted

Thanks a lot, especially to Sophie for the tasty food and the wonderfull atmosphere. Loved it and will be def. back as soon as possible.

Martin

Posted

Such a wonderful idea :) Next Friday won't be possible I think, but I'll try to make it as soon as possible. Non-native English speakers are welcome as well oder?

Posted

Hi Martin,

Glad you enjoyed yourself. GoodCacao, everyone of every nationality, creed, sexual persuasion, shape, colour and size is welcome so long as they're nice!

Posted

Whats on the menu for Friday?

Posted

Hi Butterpie,

I'll update with Friday's menu in a day or so when the chef informs me. There'll always be a meat dish or two, a vegetarian dish and something involving fish and a selection of vegetables and salad.

Posted

Still no menu? I was hoping it would be up now.

Posted

Sorry, Butterpie, but Sophie never sent me the menu and then I forgot. Dinner as usual on Friday at 21.00.

Posted

Dinner tonight at 21.00!

On the menu is:

Greek style shepherds pie, turkey with preiselbeeren sauce, trout with mushrooms, layered baked omelette, nut cutlets with too many veg to mention,cold braised pork with apple and blackcurrant stuffing, potatoes, carrots with caraway, salad and hopefully reasonable company...along with Night of the Hunter.

Posted

I won't make it this week, but would love to attend some time in the near future! Does it make sense to call ahead or is there always enough space/food for everyone?

Cheers :)

dessa

Posted

Hi Dessa,

There's no need to call ahead. There's plenty of space but it's not unheard of for late-comers to go hungry! People arriving at 21.00 always get fed, people arriving at 22.00 might be disappointed!

Posted

Dinner at 21:00 tomorrow. Expect the usual delights; good food, good company and A Touch of Evil! I'll update with the main dishes if I can!

Posted

And the menu is:

Boned stuffed chickens, beef with peppers, beans, etc, cold stuffed pork, layered omelette, pangeasius and smoked salmon, stuffed tomatoes, potatoes, salad and seasonal veg.

Posted

I would love to attend an event that offers good food and warm conversation!! I hope it's not too late to RSVP.

Posted

Josh, I'm pretty sure you made it last week! Just a note to everyone there's no need to RSVP or phone ahead just turn up with an appetite for food and chatting! Dinner tomorrow, Friday June 22nd at 21:00.

On the menu:

Cold stuffed pork joint, boned stuffed chicken in a boned stuffed duck, braised pork fillets, fried chicken breasts and veg, layered cheese and vegetable omelette, trout, stuffed mushrooms, potatoes, salad and vegetables of the day....

Posted

A wonderfull experience, as it always is. I really can recommend it.

Martin