Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

German police fired 85 bullets in 2011

11 posts in this topic

Posted

An additional 9000 shots were fired on dangerous, sick and injured animals.

OK, I remenber the bear, shot by a hunter, he don't count

The wolf was shot by a hunter, he don't count.

So the police wasted 9000 shots on sick or injured animals?

Gotta love it.

Posted

8812 shots.

Posted

Cleveland's finest showing how it's done... unfortunately... :(

Posted

This in a small country with a population of around 80 million.

Far from a small country and 85 bullets is quite impressive. Thank God Germany isn't really like 'Alarm für Cobra 11'.

Posted

When the judge asked the texas sheriff "Why did you shoot the perpetrator 67 times Officer?" The sheriff replied "well your Honour, thats all the bullets I had.".. Gotta love those Texans, they don't scrimp when it comes to law-enforcement.

Posted

There is a - albight very small - downside to this hesitant use of shooting...on animals, that is. About 15 years ago I was driving with some nice girls at 2 o'clock in the morning back from a disco in the Bad Tölz area (Bavarian highlands) when a deer run straight into the car of the girls in front of me. Since I was much more sober then them (hey, I wanted to get laid that night!) I told them to drive on while calling the police with the request to send the official "Jäger"/hunter in this area to give the suffering dear a mercy-shot/coup-de-grace. the deer had more or less limped to the middle of field nearby and was clearly badly injured and with broken legs and all.

It took the police to respond 2 hours (!) and then they came and not a hunter. Imagine my surprise and shock when they took out an iron rod from the trunk of their car, went to the dear and clobbered the poor animal to death with 2-3 hits. When I told them - pretty dismayed as you can imagine - why they did not shoot the poor thing, they told me about the admiinistrative nightmare they would have to go thru for each shot and, on top of that, their amunition might just go thru the deer without actually killing it (not sure about that).

Ever since I have a machete in my care and have decapitated deers hit by cars a few times with one quick swing, knowing I am doing them a favour in comparison...and in our rural area this happens too often (though not to me, amazingly - but I get to other people's accident quite often, it seems, as first responder of sorts)

So, I wish they would be shooting more - at animals, that is.

Cheerio

Posted

About 15 years ago I was driving with some nice girls at 2 o'clock in the morning back from a disco in the Bad Tölz area (Bavarian highlands) when a deer run straight into the car of the girls in front of me. Since I was much more sober then them (hey, I wanted to get laid that night!) I told them to drive on while calling the police with the request to send the official "Jäger"/hunter in this area to give the suffering dear a mercy-shot/coup-de-grace. the deer had more or less limped to the middle of field nearby and was clearly badly injured and with broken legs and all.It took the police to respond 2 hours (!) and then they came and not a hunter. Imagine my surprise and shock when they took out an iron rod from the trunk of their car, went to the dear and clobbered the poor animal to death with 2-3 hits. When I told them - pretty dismayed as you can imagine - why they did not shoot the poor thing, they told me about the admiinistrative nightmare they would have to go thru for each shot and, on top of that, their amunition might just go thru the deer without actually killing it (not sure about that).Ever since I have a machete in my care and have decapitated deers hit by cars a few times with one quick swing, knowing I am doing them a favour in comparison...and in our rural area this happens too often (though not to me, amazingly - but I get to other people's accident quite often, it seems, as first responder of sorts)So, I wish they would be shooting more - at animals, that is. Cheerio

so the most important question here is. Did you get laid that night? or did they pass out while waiting for you for 2 hours?