New in Mannheim (or new to this forum)

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there folks,

I've been staying/working in Mannheim for a month an a half now and I'm desperately<- looking for social contacts

to hang out and have a drink or a good chat. I'm a 24 year old male from The Netherlands (so I kind of understand German to some extend),

fluent in Dutch, English & A little Spanish.

If your reading and willing to hang out, chill, have a drink, maybe go clubbing or just

a little chat (not asking you to do all those things)PM me.

Cheers

-Ranj

Posted

Hello Ranj,

I have just moved to Mannheim too on the 6th. Send me your contact information.

Natalie

Posted

Hi Ranj, Hi Natalie...

I recently arrived to Mannheim.

I'd like to meet someone, starting from a coffee, for friendly relationship and to have funny and usefull conversation about living here and a lot of additional topics.

I am a 29 years old Italian guy and I am starting to work here in Mannheim without a term...

If you want, please send me your contact details, so that we can start with a friendly meeting :)

Bye,

Luca

Posted

Hi all,

I arrived 5 months ago to Mannheim, but I'm very outgoing and nearly always up for meeting new poeple and having a coffee/ chat, etc.

If you want please reach out to me.

Cheers!

Kaat

Posted

Hi all!

I am also new to Mannheim, arrived about a week ago and just started my new job, but I don't speak much German. If you are having a get-together sometimes soon, let me know, I would be interested to meet up as well. I am originally from Bulgaria, though lived in other countries for the past 12 years (mostly in the US, and a year in Italy).

Lina

Posted

Hello everybody! I also moved in recently ( 2 months)and I have also had problems meeting new people, are you hanging out regularly or have something planned for the following weeks?

I am a mexican student and I moved here to do an internship, I would be glad to hear from you...

Posted

OP here

Sorry for the late reply, sadly I had to return Holland urgently due to personal problems,

but I'm back and would love to ''meet & greet'' new people.

So if your interested, please send me a personal message or e-mail, which can be found on my profile.

-Ranj

Posted

There is a Tuesday pub quiz at Murphy's Law that is fairly popular with TTers and other English-speakers, but it may be off for the summer... at least it was for the Euro Cup.

Posted

There is a Tuesday pub quiz at Murphy's Law that is fairly popular with TTers and other English-speakers, but it may be off for the summer... at least it was for the Euro Cup.

thanks for the info, I might give it a shot next week since I can't really make it this tuesday.

Posted

Hello!

I am a 23 year old English girl who is moving to Mannheim in September. I currently know 0 people in Mannheim and I am keen to meet new people to show me around and have fun with and possibly learn German from (as my level is lower than a beginner at the moment!).

I love languages (I speak French and Spanish too), cooking, films, travelling, working out and being outdoors.

If anyone would like to meet up when I'm there then let me know and I can pass on my e-mail address.

Looking forward to hearing some replies :)

Posted

Hey are any of you still in Mannheim? I just moved to Heddesheim beginning of October looking for some people to hang out with and meet! Send me a PM if your still around!

Posted

Hey guys!

I'm a 23 year old Canadian and recent uni grad, and I'm currently living in Mannheim and working as an English teacher in Ludwigshafen since the end of August. If anyone is up for hanging out around the city, let me know! :)

Posted

Michelle! I'm a 20 year old Canadian in offenburg, about 2 hours from mannheim, my in laws live in Neustadt so we visit there often!

Posted

Hi all, I'm a New Zealander (female) who is moving to Neustadt an der Weinstrasse (i currently live in Bavaria) mid Feb next year.

I am 31 (but don't look or act like it, lol) and am loads of fun I promise!

Just wondering if you guys have a regular meet-up time/place and if I can join in??!!!

Posted

Hello!

I just moved in Mannheim yesterday for work, I will stay a couple of years here. I am French guy, 26y.o.

I would love to meet people living here as well, and enhance my social life around here maybe by hanging out some times.

About my hobbies: I am a not bad football player, like photography and love to have fun on fridays and saturdays nights =D

So I hope I will get a chance to meet some people around here, and hopefully make friends. I am not looking for girlfriend or boyfriend!

So please let me know if you guys meet some times, so I can join you with pleasure and introduce myself =)

Happy new year Mannheim! =D

Posted

Hi guys! I moved to an area close to Mannheim and would also be interested in meeting new friends to hang out with:) Im currently attending German lessons but so far met only a few people and would like to meet more!I speak English, Italian, and Korean! If anyones up for something let me know!

all the best,

Chaeree

Posted

Folks

I have recently moved to Mannheim. Looking for some English speaking expats . I am fluent in Portuguese & little Spanish as well.

If anyones up for something let me know...

P.S : Is any active members in this thread still in Mannheim?

Posted

Hello all, I'll be moving into Mannheim on/about 19 April, and would be interested in meeting some folks to chill with, at pubs, restaurants, etc. I'm 45 YO male, but I refuse to grow up. :)

Excited about getting to town!

Cheers! ~steve

Posted

Hi everyone! I've posted on here a few times. I'm new as well. I've been in Germany since January. I live in Viernheim (next to Mannheim). I'm a 27 yr old English speaking male. I'm currently taking German classes. I'm down in Heidelberg all the time too. I'd love to meet up with anyone and get a beer, coffee, lunch, dog walks, etc.

-Chaison

Posted

Hi! Im a 24 yo male living in Karlsruhe, fluent in English and Spanish. I know its a bit away but im having trouble meeting people around here. I dont start German classes until the end of the month so its been really hard to try to meet anyone. Id love to meet up with yall for coffee, beer, or anything just to try and go out. Hope to talk soon!

Frank